Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • Well, someone had to ask about it....

What will the Ptool be for the coming settings? Since you have done so much work on them so far, would it be necessary to stick with 3.64d?

• @Kihlian ITS PERSONAL INTEREST TO SEE HOW SEDNA LOOKS. I DIDN'T SHOOT ANYTHING SO INTERESTING ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOOK. TRY WATCHING IT IN 480P ;)

• @AlexManta Where about are you in Japan?

• @rajamalik not to you personally but to ALL, some few unfortunate person like me live in the internet prehistory and do not have a very fast connection (I have only when it´s good 700 Kbt/s). So if you post a video 11 minutes long or so, I not even try to look at it, because I have to wait mi half day. In the other hand could be that much person are interested to all the 11 minutes. :-)

• Little music video, Sedna AQ1 - very detalized, great! Thank you, Driftwood. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6gA8u2E321Y

• @ignatius , Great Sky, Great skin tone.

• Last one, sorry I should have made them smaller to fit in 1/2 posts, but was in a rush! Cheers Nick, Sedna is great.

00030_00000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 6M

00045_00000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

00043_00000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Some Sedna A Q20 still grabs...

00005_00000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 6M
  • @berrygood @thepalalias @driftwood @Vitality the Sedna AAQ1 "the predecessor Killer"

• I'm also a huge Sedna fan, it consumes a lot SD Card memory really fast but everything I shoot looks so amazing, just natural light I don't even delete any footage anymore, I'm shooting in Japan right now and winter/spring daylight is really weird, even at magic hour which is very short here, but Sedna makes it look more than good...Driftwood you are the man!!!

• Just reviewed the footage from today's shoot with Sedna AQ1 C and a Rokinon 58mm f/1.4 (sunset, twilight and night). Just loving how the ISO 1250 (approached from above) footage turned out.

• @berrygood. If I did not know any better, I would have thought that you are passionately describing your girlfriend. Anyways. Orion V4B along with Sedna A Q20 are my two favorite settings for 24p. The beauty of this whole experience is that there are variety of settings that give you multiple options to choose what works best for you. Looks like you have found yours at least for the time being. Stick with your guts. That's what I would do.

• Any improvements for the 2x anamorphic world?? with the new menu of Canis Majoris or Sidna??... that will be nice to know ! thanx

• Thank you rajamalik, for your view on this Orion, and newer option's. I'm finding that with Orion v4b, I'm getting what I want out of my image, shooting 1080, 24p, 24H, 160 asa, 1/50 shutter, Vibrant -2-2-2 0, everything seem's to look fantastic, perfect for what I need to shoot on my next short! I don't need to worry about low light levels, as the time frame I'm shooting is all daylight ( some car interior's) so the newer patches seem to be set up to favour low light level's, and shooting higher ISO's. I'm seeing such detail in my shadow's with v4b, as well as super resolution, and color ( magic hour sunset shot's are blowing me away) that I thought I was only going to get with a $10,000.00 + camera? The highlight handling look's good as well. I'm new to this DSLR medium, coming from the larger broacast camera's Panasonic HDX900, HPX2700, HPX3700, and Sony F900's. I would love to jump into a Sony F3, or Canon C300, but what I seem to be getting with my GH2, and these hack's is better than I imagined. I did spend a lot on my glass (Zeiss ZF's)and those with the solid Voightlander adapter are working well. The v4b, is just so noise free and clean at 160 ASA, I just don't know if it's going to get better than it already is.

Thank you Vitaliy and Driftwood. (Panasonic as well)

Broatch

• @magnus387 All three of those shots are excellent... I'm also finding Sedna AQ1 jaw-dropping quality. The detail is real fine. I shot some shit the other night testing on my back deck at ISO1250 that looked damn clean for 1250. The noise is finer.

• @Ian_T , agreed. I haven't my GH2 perform like this since I've owned it, those bricks really shocked me.

• Wow, look at all the clean detail on the bricks in that first shot.

• Had my first chance to test out Sedna today, with High detailed Matrix, and an old Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 in FD mount that I picked up this afternoon. The combination is a deadly one. After only one day of shooting I can already say it's my new favorite lens, and coupled with Sedna....Perfection! A Couple of grabs for giggles. Straight out of camera, untouched.

00013.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    00022.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    00020.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • For those sticking with Orion 4b, what do you like better about it vs Sedna?

• @kodakmoment WMP tries to deinterlace hbr footage it seems so that is why you are seeing that

• I don't know if it's just me but I see a lot of interlacing artifacts in the frame that driftwood has posted.

• It improves on deblocking

• @driftwood I saw this frame and was about to be overwhelmed with geek joy but then ... is this in Brighton? It would be funny if it is... I am looking forward to new settings too but now I want to go back to Brighton as the weather improves hopefully hehe

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions