Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @rajamalik last one: Recording limit=1799 , to my understanding, "politely" and "gracefully" stops your recording when it cannot span and keep the file usable. You can change whatever you like and test the results. Alright - gotta go!

• @lunalobo75 if i need to change it ,..i should decrease or increase how many second or minutes it reflects??? any idea bro???

• F1.4, 25shutter, iso1600, Lens : Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 50mm F1.4, Sandisk 30MBs 32GB Card. Just lowered the 24H to 146mbps, (close to ProRes 422 ) which is a default codec for me. no CC, no grading just cut in FCPX and exported as AVCHD mov file thus uploaded to youtube:

on lower iso it gets better and butter. Thank you VK and Driftwood.

• @No_SuRReNDeR I pull the bitrate down to 146mbps for the Sandisk 30mbs 32GB card. and 24H shows 28m39s, 24L shows 56m55s. spans hassle free in 24L mode for 30m and more. but I have unchecked the time limit, and checked the 30min removal to be able to use the whole card. spanned file size is 4.29.

• mysterion is so sharp too,.. I feel almost the same like I felt when I tested Sedna aaq1 ,..amazing patch thank you sir @driftwood

• @cjdincer thanks for the upload. Mysteron looks good and your framing picture composition is nice. I am amazed at the lack of noise from 1600iso. any relative observations?

• I am total beginner, a lot to learn, I shoot this interview with Sedna C Q20, I am happy about some of the images, I am doing this for a friend and using the project to learn and try the patches. Thank you VK and Driftwood and everyone else in this forum, I am about to load Mysterion in a few minutes...

• @xavieramelio Bravo pour un débutant c'est vraiment super...y a juste la shot de côté du visage qui est peut être trop prononcée, tu aurais pu nous montrer un peu des deux côtés de son visage parce que là ça déforme un peu sa face....Mais overall c'est super...dans les scènes de danse tu es à quel ISO c'est super beau et sharp et pas beaucoup de grain....Quelle lentille?

• It is Mysteron , not Mysterion.

• I have been Playing around with slow motion a little bit lately so why not share. Super low light test.

Settings: Mysteron, Smooth (-2,0,-2,-2), 720p60, FD 24mm at 2.0, 1000iso, quick color correct and de-noise(probably could have gone without).

• lumix 20mm 1.7 and olympus 45mm 1.8 picture profile cinema,Final cut X,some colour correction, Driftwood Sedna AQ1.

• Unplanned shot today. Mainly for cat lovers. Not much creativeness here, but Sedna B worked flawlessly under the gun. Sedna B, first part at 24l and last 3 clips are 24H. Shot through dirty window as it was a quick catch. I'm still hoping to figure a way to have 24H per the hack and get down in the 70Mb/s range for 24L. My hope is to have the lower setting for commercial work live interviews etc. where the higher data rate isn't needed. This was so rushed, I didn't even know what the settings were as I've 2 camera's and have been testing GOP3 on the another camera. Thanks to Driftwood for the tireless work. You are making this camera "be all it can be" and more.

• Needed to do some tests with the Kowa anamorphic that I just picked up, so I loaded up Sedna AQ1 A and shot this. Yes, AQ1 A is as good as everyone says. The fine grain and detail blows me away.

• My first post! Hope to contribute something for the community, here are some samples I made with Sedna A Q20 by Driftwood.

• Mysteron uses deblocking, Sedna doesn´t, right? Has anybody noticed a difference there already? I just don´t find the time for testing and maybe someone has already cast an eye at that...

• @Rajamalik @Lunalobo75 1799 is the number of seconds (just a second less than 30 minutes) before it automatically stops recording. If people are having trouble with clips that are not spanning but ending in a poorly behaved fashion, than setting it at values under 4 minutes (like 239, 238, etc.) may help.

• @AlfaErik The ZIP file contains two .INI files. One is Rocket, etc.

• @Michiel_83 Excellent stuff, great shots, framing, and very good music choices. Now you got me wanting to go to Amsterdam.

• Video portions all Driftwood something mostly mysteron:

I do little 3 minute profiles of creative people that play on local public TV

• @ Michiel_83. Very clean footage... and great city too. You seems to be a PAL user, did you shot 24P or HBR ? Thanks

• gh2 vs red : ok i know, one side there is the dynamic range and resolution, but what is it that the red lets look so filmlike in motion? gh2 quality is maybe close to the reds, but the motion is far away....

• Hm, where do you see this? If I shoot GH2 and RED with the same fps and exposure time, motion looks quite similar. Are are you referring to HDRx and "Magic Motion" ?

• @thepalalias thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I noticed that and set mine to just over 4 mins. Again, thanks for taking the time fit the explanation. Salud

• @AlexManta, mercie beaucoup pour les commentaires et les conseils. Aux scènes de danse: ISO 400, 50 mm Nikkor F/1.4

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions