Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • Here is my conspiracy theory, Mysteron refers to the Aliens in a British television show called "Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons" so maybe this is similar to the matrix the RED Scarlet uses. I should also note that all the other "Captains" in the show are named after colors as well so it is probably just about color, that is why it is "conspiracy theory".

• In a quick test (10 minutes) in 24P, 14-42 l3ns 800 ISO, it spans fine and the image is very good with fine grain. That's just a quick look without really peeking up it's skirt.

720 looks good even under the low light here at 1250 ISO. Bit rates are running a lot lower than Sedna. This is worth looking at.

• @thepalalias, thank you for the info

• @xavieramelio I'm not sure how helpful ten minutes worth of playing is. BTW, it does span with my 95mb card but did not when I tried a 45mb. I'll spend a few hours tomorrow.

• It is not spanning on the Delkin 633x 16GB (95MB/s), but that is consistent with the newer high bitrate patches like Orion and Sedna.

• I used to be shit scared of Captain Black the lead Mysteron agent in Captain Scarlet. It was my favourite show as a kid. I can still watch it now. I used to hide behind the sofa when he came on.

• Got to play with Mysteron earlier today for a few moments, and so far it spans on the Sandisk 64gb/95mbps without any write errors (at least not yet for now), plus and it's playable via camera if under the 4GB but when it spans over the 4GB its not playable though... All modes worked for me... (Varible 80% in 24H mode/160/200/300, Cinema 24P, HBR, and Manual Mode) For some reason using the shutter button to start/stop can lockup the camera (pull battery out) but using the red dot button to start/stop video seems to work well without any lockup so far...

• @cinemon hey thx. i used some older fd lenses: 50/1,4; 24/2,8; vivitar 28-105/2,8; 100-300/5,6 and the standard pana 14-42. unfortunately i had no nd-filters, which would have made it a lot better. settings have been cinemaprofile (4*-2). All in all i captured about 14 hours in 7 days. the patch worked pretty well, since there have been only 5 total crashes of the camera (needed to pull accu out). there have been none other failures beside the total crashes. i used sandisk 64gb @45mbps. Never had a card-write failure error, but maybe the crashes are relatet to card-speeds?

• @spiel77 Hey amazing job very interesting documentary also. Do you use a handle for your gh2 in handheld shots??

• nearly every shot was done with the 562b manfrotto monopod. it was a run&gun job, so i decided to go for the monopod. shots done with the 300mm needed to be stabilzed in ae. i am not really satisfied with the result and hope there will be a good zoom like the usm, but there was no choice for me.

• @mee I'm only there until June so just contact me if you want to Meet Me Mee.

• @SiNERGi You did use the latest version of pTools, didn't You? The Shutter Button works well for me. I'm just not too sure about the deblocking. But it still needs a lot of looking at. Thanks a lot again for the hard work @driftwood !

• @SiNERGi No problems with the buttons either. This still looks geared to 24P more than 720, Sure would be nice if it was the other way. Maybe Cluster 2.

• @magnus387 superb lens there. Those bricks look awesome as does the contrast.

• where can I find 3.65d ptool and mysterion

• it's right here.

And pTools is where it always was.

https://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/ptool-software

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-30 um 15.09.10.png
    324 x 301 - 25K
  • Page 1 have Mysterion use Search at top of Page! Next time read Tread

• Oh ok let me see does,..what is mysterion what it improves

• next weekend I'm going to shoot a shorty with Sedna A Q20. Very curious.

• @conscius I didn't find much difference between q20 and q1 let me know if you find something in the shoot or in post

• @conscius I think you will like q20. It seems to have a bit more character than aq1. Although I must say, high contrast and lower light seem to work best with aq1. This is possibly because the aq1 needs some noise to soften it? q20 seems to shine in outdoor higher detail events where too much detail detracts from the overall aesthetics. I have no problem with it indoors either though. I think its a great all around patch and may just be the top overall 24p patch so far. Hate to sound cliche but it has a special something to it.

• @7pc HAHAHA should have put a troll faced meme along with that picture.

• @rajamalik you'll need Ptools 3.65d for Mysteron. Search or look for the top topic that has 3.65d in it's title. I like Mysteron, especially in the shadows, and no crashes for me thus far.

• Ok, so what's the difference between aaq1 and aq1?

• I guess "Mysteron" is so named, because there is no description, right? ;) Is this patch just "for fun" (try it out and see what it does), or some kind of beta version of Canis Majoris? I don´t see through it...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions