Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • From the pdf that Vitaliy linked:
    "You can set to [EX. TELE CONV.] when recording still pictures or motion
    pictures."
    I could before? I just see a new menu that allows me to change the pictures and video ETC options at the same time, but there is no new functionality here really... *shrugs*.
  • @Shield, I can see a gamma shift, but it appears to be less
  • I imagine there will be lots of people asking if it's safe if you have had the hack on..

This is what I did, but I offer no guarantees, I am not an expert .. This is what I did

I restored the original firmware 1.0 using ptools with increment at 1, no other boxes checked.
    Version Display in camera went back to 1.0
    I then installed new firmware by simple copying the extracted .bin to an SD card.

Wow, I now have version display 1.1 and yippee .. 25P .. in creative movie mode.
    A quick test in Media Composer and it's 25P :)

@vitally ... it's been 20 minutes at least .. where is the new ptools :P

• So far not impressed. The "high bitrate" mode is just a 24 Mbps 29.97 interlaced mode.

Also, "Added a function [HALF PRESS RELEASE].". This seems to be BACKWARDS, as if it's enabled (ON) then you cannot half press the shutter and refocus / manual focus. Am I crazy here?

Ex Tele mode still has the same restrictions for photo mode - must use "M" or smaller picture sizes, and not allowed to use raw. Also you still cannot toggle this while recording.

# Full area enlargement of AF area setting. - This seems pretty nice.

I will say this, and this is very preliminary - I noticed the gamma doesn't shift when I start recording. Could be a fluke though; off to test more.
    Shawn
  • Wow. What a nice treatment from Panasonic to our European friends. I hear they are snatching every GH2s in the stores. Haha.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

so let me see if I understand correctly . . . the more they have changed, the better, right? because you learn how the software works by comparing differences?
  • @alcomposer
    I am with you on that, that job I was telling you about is first paid job I will be using the GH2 on, I will donate for second time then ... scurries off to change the setting on the EX1s to 25P
  • Lets hope that in doing so many new 'abilities' are discovered for this little camera VK!
  • thanks man
  • >Vitaliy the hack will stop working if i update firmware?

Of course.
    And porting won't very fast, as I need to make many things before porting itself.
  • I feel that it is donation time for VK!
  • Vitaliy the hack will stop working if i update firmware?