Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • Or shoot 24p and speed it up, like they did with film for European TV for nearly a century.

• As far as i know, if it was already digitzed material and not lightsound on film, that has allway been done with a reference timecode. To get external sound with 44/96 KHz in sync with a 23,98 fps sound that was speed up to 25 frames, smtp code is needed. Not possible with GH2. I dont know if PluralEyes will work with different framerates. I dont want timebase corrector smtp-clapper and all those timecode stuff and problems again.

• @Gerald - PluralEyes Plugin for Sony Vegas works well with different framerates. Tested with 3 tracks @23,98+50p+50i...

• @mozes, @nomad - there's lots of us whose workflow depends on 25p and are very much hoping VK and Nick Driftwood can work the same kind of wonders again with v1.1 - no speeding up and no de-interlacing, thanks!

• In v1.1 and 25p you stil have to do some de-interlacing, there is no time winning, ad least not with sony vegas.
    i use in final rendering also 25p But i am also waiting on the v1.1 hack/patch, there are more improvements i like.

• Anyone think there's less noise at high ISOs with v1.1 vs the stock 1.0?

• I think with 1.1 more noise, but always more detail

• @mozes - no de-interlacing required in avid

• @Vitaliy

Just chiming in to say keep up the good work. Take your time. Thank you for all you've done.

• GH2 Pancake 20mm in a extreme low light situation, fimware 1.1, HBR Mode, 3200 iso, 1.7/25ms, color -2.

• @Pop24 Fantastic quality. Did you use any noise reduction in post? Neat video?

• @Gerald:

"To get external sound with 44/96 KHz in sync with a 23,98 fps sound that was speed up to 25 frames, smtp code is needed."

Or just do some quick math equations and use an audio editor with a good time stretch algorithm and pitch preserve. Then mux it. :)

• Or do all the syncing in 23,98 and speed it up afterwards.

• This has been done to death. If you don't work with or need 25p, then why bother contributing to this thread? All these 'speeding up' solutions are workarounds at best - go to the 'don't cry for me argentina' thread and read up why.

• i have just donated 10$ to better hack our gh2 with 1.1 firmware:) thanks for all the great work

• @paglez no there is no noise reduction on it, this is the original material from the camera. no color correction or something

• the noise reduction is much better with firmware 1.1 you can see it in the pumavideo i made with 3200 iso

• @pop24 what was NR set to?

• NR=0 color=-2

• @pop24, great quality, please what was the mode ? cinema, standard ... ?

• Pretty good noise in this too - shot with firmware 1.1 in NTSC HBR mode - all at 3200 or 1600 ISO with 20mm pancake, standard film mode.

• @feha @arvidtp

Please use proper topic.

• Hello to all members of this forum, I am a newbie of GH2 hack so I have the following question: is possible "only" remove the 30 min video limit on GH2 FW 1.1? Thanks in advance

• @majtrap

Do not worry, it'll be possible in new Ptool.