Personal View site logo
GH3 user reviews and opinions
  • Topic dedicated ONLY to post review/opinion if you have camera on hand.

Also for discussions about such opinions.

For all other discussions use other topics or general GH3 official topic

• 1089 Replies sorted by
  • The gh3 is well built, but it isn't a tank, and I was never THAT expensive. Mine looks like new but I am fairly careful with my equipment.

• @Vesku, I have had zero issues with my GH3 (other than the less than perfect EVF with the fuzziness if not looking straight on). But, everyone has that. But, no other issues, and I'm tough on it. I carry it on my weekend morning runs (with a Black Rapid shoulder strap just in case I would ever lose my grip). It's been out in all kinds of rain/snow/salt-water-splash, and temperature extremes. Zero issues. But, I only rarely use the LCD, mostly I use the EVF, so, I am not too often rotating the LCD screen open, so, I don't stress the hinge as much as others.

• @lumixmaxgh3, I don't think GH3 will be hacked. I don't have the GH4 and will likely pass on it. Pansinic might bring what I'm looking for in their next GHxx as I don't think GH4 will be improved anymore with any new firmware. I have already made enough money with my GH3 that I'm looking to buy something better. I have set a budget of $4000 and will carefully consider what will come to market in 2015-2016. But I don't think any hack will come to the GH3.

• @AndreHW Amazing quality! I'm convinced that with some hack, GH3 would be a top cinema camera!

• @KayJayButton Loved your short, great idea!

• Mine is in good condition except for the floppy LCD ...but I baby it because it's a Panasonic consumer camera backed by Panasonic consumer grade service. I passed on the Gh4 for that reason and will never own another one unless they bump them to pro status.

• This is my last video with GH3.

• Mine's been used on the Oregon beaches ... wind, spume, and horizontal rain all of course salt-laced; snow, and other cold situations down to -10C; dusty dry fields & desert with blowing stuff in the air; on a tripod in streams (though naturally, above the water ... hee hee) ... and is in near perfect shape. My wife however could have used it and it would have been in rather less than perfect shape. Her camera's always need repair and "renewal" where mine rarely do ... partly it's in how obsessive one is in gently moving it about no matter the condition ... and partly what happens out of one's control when in bad conditions ... and partly in the fact that build quality can vary a bit part-to-part in things built in factories.

Neil

• @Vesku, two years of hard use in any critical condition (water, snow, mud, wind)...perfect, as new.

• Does someone has now after 2 years of use a fully working GH3? Mine is in very bad condition. The quality of that camera not is representing its very high price. EVF is smudged, LCD almost off the camera, wheels rolling empty, loose mode dial, loose memcard door...

• Here is a short we shot for the SXSW Films for the Forest competition. (Richard Linklater is on the panel!) We used a GH3 and an SLR Magic anamorphic adapter. Enjoy.

• @MikeLinn congratulations! you used only gh3 for this? which lens? thank you

• I recently used the GH3 to make a short film about despair, hope, and redemption. Very pleased with the results - the 12-35mm lens with image stabilisation worked a treat for mounting it to the exterior of a car when driving down the motorway. I was using it with the Sony A7S which is better in low light but in daytime the sharpness of the GH3 made for excellent results.

• As for me, it's not bad.

• Here's a wedding video shot on the GH3:

• @MikeLinn Thanks for linking it @filthy I shot that vid. Only water and steadicam were GH3, I carried a GoPro Hero 3 BE, non plus version with me and a Steadicam Smoothee for it.

The GH3 was with Panny 12-35mm most of the time along with 35-100mm and SLR Magic 25mm F0.95.

Seriously an awesome camera with superb colors off the bat and amazing battery life, only had one spare with me recharging everyday.

Only had probs when I tried to match this with Canon's and Sony for paid gigs. Sold the entire setup and was hoping to get a GH4, but went another route for now. Love the cam still and may jump on a gx7 or similar if a good price came abouts.

• That Maui home video was GH3?

• So that’s my current thoughts on the GH3 after using it for nearly a full year. It’s an amazing camera on it’s own and as a system it’s even more impressive. When I think back to how this all began I find it hard to believe how quickly Panasonic has joined the digital photography game and how far they’ve come in such an incredibly short time.

http://www.naturalexposures.com/one-year-testing-the-panasonic-lumix-gh3/

• @heradicattor

Thanks so much for this screen fix tutorial. Just went through it, and my screen is like new again. It was getting REALLY bad!

• @Vesku

Check this for the monitor issue: