Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • I'd say 1700$ - 1800$ for the body.

• place your bets:

what will be the GH3 body only usd MSRP?

a) sub 1k

b) 1k

c) 1.5k or near

d) 2k or near

e) 2.5k or more

• Meh. IMHO full frame sensors for video are overrated. They present as many problems as they do pluses. Personally I prefer S35 (APS-C) sensors as the standard, with m4/3 coming in a close second. With so many improvements coming to the GH3 (it's like they were reading my personal wishlist) I think it's going to be THE camera to beat in the mirrorless category. But competition is good, so bring on Sony, Canon, and whoever else wants to mix it up! We as consumers all win. :)

• I expect good things from this camera, i think it will be changin arena from sony and panasonic. All war is again ON.

Lets wait for full frame A99. But im shure Panasonic has something ready, there is too mucho developement in the hack, to much even that panasonic didnt realize.

I would like to know a little bit more about the processors it has and i hear is 4 cores now. But the arquitecture is RISC or what?

Thanks in advance.

• Oh man! I'm almost more excited for this than the BMCC! Panasonic has been given a real opportunity to crush the DSLR market... and it looks like they're taking it.

I can just imaging the conversations at Panasonic over the last few years...

4 years ago: "Oh man... canon beat us to the video-DSLR-hybrid market... we'll never be able to compete now."

Today: "Wait... What's that? Canon hasn't improved anything in 4 years? And they're trying to sell marginal, sub-par, improvements in $15,000 video-bodies? Oh hell yea! They're fucked now!"

• I hope Varavon will release an GH3 upgrade for their loupe owners (if the LCD screen is the same size of course)

• @svart same thoughts here!

• @Vitaliy_kiselev

I hope you guys get one very early... at this point I am talking too much again, but just wanted to throw that out there.

• I care about 1080/24P and then1080/60P for slow mo stuff. I think 30/48/60P look terrible at normal speed and plan to hold out as long as possible waiting that people will come to their senses. :)

• @Psyco Gh3 for only fat fingers :)

• That's why I have my friends get me one from Japan.

Yep, most probably we'll also get one from Japan, same as with GH2.

• It's not Full frame.

@ahbleza

Their products ship, just maybe not in good quantities. That's why I have my friends get me one from Japan. xD

• @simurg cant be done since m4/3 standard cant fit fisically a full frame sensor. Sorry

• @kholi said "I'm becoming more excited about this release than the Magic Cam... at least I know Panasonic will ship on time."

Not my experience. Sometimes Panny is very slow, e.g., how long did it take for the AF100 software upgrade? Yeah, I know -- different division, but I'm not optimistic we will see it shipping in any reasonable quantities this year.

• Is there a possibility: GH3 may be full-frame?

• I really hope the body is not higher then the GH2 (+1cm) or it wouldn't fit in my cage...I really don't need a bigger camera, shooting handheld without at least a shoulder support sucks.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I am with you. Not that I don't think it isn't useful for some types of work it is just that I would much rather see a higher frame rate video.

• Frankly I'm quite happy with 1080p24 and 720p60 from Gh2. Don't get me wrong. I already like Gh3 a lot. But no money and no immediate need. Today I was googling After Effects Plexus. Yeah special effect. Cool stuff. That's what I need right now. By the time when I need Gh3, hopefully price cut in half.

• Proper 25p im after, cleaner sensor, improved profiles, peaking. Improved skintones/dr would be very very welcome aswell. A bigger tougher camera with a battery grip also looks more professional. Everything is sounding excellent so far tho and no doubt will have a use.

• True, since it can be extracted from higher bitrates.

• many of you are just looking for perfect 24p

I, personally do not care about 24p much.

• All issues will be resolved, really, as new ones will be emergent, since we all LOOK for them.

• I only care about how the DR and Lowlight Sensitivity. measures to an external recorder or with patches. That's it.

Those are and remain the only true image issues for me with the Gh2.

• So how many people here are going to take advantage of the new frame rates(60p, 120p, 240p with reduced resolution)? How many of you are just looking for perfect 24p and couldn't care less about all of the other features?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions