Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • No kidding... if this is true they really listened to the community and for that they will be rewarded with a fists full of cash from my less-than-deep pockets. Will probably pick up the GH3 when available and wait for the BMCCam to spit out a m43 mount sometime next year. What an amazing year this has been for the Indie community. Fingers crossed for an SDK that can be utilized by the talented folks here in Vitaliy's braintrust.

Edit to add: "when available" :)

• Probabilities in top post updated :-)

• Yep, this is gonna replace some of my gear, for sure :-)

• Will probably pick up the GH3 this fall

Want to remind you about Panasonic tradition with GHx cameras. They have many thing in common with BMCC :-)

• I am buying this camera. Although I am kind of getting concerned about how big this thing really is.

• "Filmmmakers are going to have all the connections they need for a professional production."

Interesting statement.. Good to have HD-SDI on board.. heh.. well.. looks like we are going to see clean HDMI that actually works in 24/25p.. probably 3,5mm input, 3D sync maybe?

• I wondered what the streaming capabilities will be for this camera? I wouldn't mind being able to broadcast HD with it untethered via wireless. Tethering it through HDMI wouldn't be bad either.

I can see a lot of developers making some money off this if we are able to create our own apps for broadcasting.

• probably 3,5mm input

Not only that, but also 3.5" for things you put on your head :-)

• I can see a lot of developers making some money off this if we are able to create our own apps for broadcasting

Broadcasting can be very very important.

I am not sure that it'll be present at lauch.

• "Not only that, but also 3.5" for things you put on your head :-"

I'm all ears! Great news! How about a pin receptor on the bottom plate? Simple thing, great effect for tripod and rig stability. Two points of contact is minimum, just like when boulder hopping.

• I'll be happy with 1080p-60. I wonder if it will come with a warranty?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

"Broadcasting can be very very important.

I am not sure that it'll be present at lauch."

Hopefully, that will be something we can change instead of waiting for Panasonic to do it for us.

• In Germany we ned 4:2:2 and 10 bit if I remember right., to produce for the TV. I think they changed th standards for HD recently. What will it be in the GH3?

• One thing that I'm a bit worried about, and this is just personal (but I think a few other specific people will agree)...

I haven't heard back about the possibility of being able to shoot out the full square sensor for anamorphic mode. And that was actually supposed to be one of the things that they included in the development.

Wonder if they couldn't do it for any certain reason...

But, again, all the rumors are true so far. Not a single one misplaced. I'm becoming more excited about this release than the Magic Cam... at least I know Panasonic will ship on time.

• Two questions in my mind at this moment:

Will the new 16Mp GH3 sensor have the same great resolution as GH2, also moire and aliasing free?

Will GH3 have the ETC crop funtion? and if yes, will it keep the same 8.3mm ETC diagonal size to allow compatibility with 1/2 and 2/3 c-mount lenses?

• ETC mode is still there, works the same as before.

• Sooo.. we have a better body made from alloy, biger one for better handling, battery grip, weather sealed, good inputs jacks, all Intra frame recording, high bitrate, 60p 100p 120p at full HD, extendend dynamic range, new sensor, 16mp for good subsampling, i asume it will take new SD like P2 cards, and it clearly has the ability to output 4:2:2.

And for extras it has a better OS, apps suport wifi, and shit like that.

What else do you want? really!!!! its a dream machine for the price, and if a hack is correctly developed with the known matrixes..well i expect some sirius canon, nikon, sony, pentax, blackmagic, even some panasonic gear being trashed if priced correctly. It doesnt matter if internaly only output 4:2:0 New apocalipse 444 matrix and settings actually are quiet impressive, so we know now how to emulate the looks.

My thought are its the first model of its class, and the last of the loved small GHx line. Even thoug it may have the same name, developement is very strong in this little machine. It will be the las model before 4k suppor i have a feeling.

Edit: Get ready for increased price in future models GH series, we cry about features, now we have to pay for it. $$$$$

Cheers.

• @endotoxic

"Get ready for increased price in future models GH series, we cry about features, now we have to pay for it. $$$$$"

Cheers.

This is correct(Or almost. It should be $$$$ instead).

We will have to pay more for it. However, some people didn't have trouble shelling out thousands for the AF100 and that is only marginally better than a GH2 when you look at what the GH3 is said to have.

• So how many people here are going to take advantage of the new frame rates(60p, 120p, 240p with reduced resolution)? How many of you are just looking for perfect 24p and couldn't care less about all of the other features?

• I only care about how the DR and Lowlight Sensitivity. measures to an external recorder or with patches. That's it.

Those are and remain the only true image issues for me with the Gh2.

• All issues will be resolved, really, as new ones will be emergent, since we all LOOK for them.

• many of you are just looking for perfect 24p

I, personally do not care about 24p much.

• True, since it can be extracted from higher bitrates.

• Proper 25p im after, cleaner sensor, improved profiles, peaking. Improved skintones/dr would be very very welcome aswell. A bigger tougher camera with a battery grip also looks more professional. Everything is sounding excellent so far tho and no doubt will have a use.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions