Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @Zaven13 watch my zoo visit you tube video. See my post page for link. It was done only with new quantum

• @zaven13 I didnt try fsh . But hbr and 720p are working. Didnt do any frequent use. Took few shots with them. they are working. fsh I seriously don't know if it does. Try and tell me. I patched back to canis daypm. Testing this patch now.

• @rajamalik. Did you test non-24p modes like 720p, FSH and HBR with updated Quantum v9? If you did, how did they behave?

• @thepalalias jonna's music video are u shooting more. I already watched it once is it the same or more numbers??? U r grading was superb in that. I am looking forward to watch the new one. test it's quantum v9b Sedna adapted matrix it in the first page with old quantum 9.but this is the new one from driftwood I used in that zoo shoot out. u watched it rite??? it's better than Sedna a aq1 I personally feel its the most detailed now not the Sedna A.

• @conscius cluster 5.1 its a good choice-720p50 spanns on sandisk 30mbs

• Hey guys, I have to film on a festival tomorrow. In 720p50. At day and at night.

Which patch is the best 720p50 patch? no prob if it is a high bitrate. The quality comes first

@dbp , sorry, didn't see your question. I used standard all -2 except sharpness on -1

EDIT, gonne try Cluster V5.1 think thats a great one

• @rajamalik I f I can find the time to test, I will put that test at the top of the list. Right now between finishing post for the Joanna St. Claire music video "Listen to the Sound" and continuing production on my new singles "Parasite" and "Bandit" I have not been shooting as much, but I have a few people in the area that were volunterring to help. Can you send me the link to version you want in a PM so that I make sure to test the right ones when I get the chance?

• @mo7ies I use it on the card and its been 100% stable for me on 24p and 760p60.

• @peternap Ahh I see! Maybe I should start doing the same thing and carry around a couple of SD's, one for 1080/24 and one for 720/60. Thanks for the info!

• @sam that video is excellent. Nice bike too!

• @Hakosuka Even Driftwood admits 720 is a problem area in all settings. Sedna AQ1 is amazing...until you start moving the camera around or the world starts moving around the camera, especially around water.

I have cards with Sedna AQ1, Flow Motion, CM Night and Sanity, that I keep in my bag. I just swap settings (Which I hate doing in the field) as I need.

• I just got my 64GB SDXC 95Mb/s Sandisk card and I'm running Sedna AQ1, I still receive the write speed error i get with my 8GB card. I'm using a Canon FD lens and I'm just shooting general stuff in the house + some trees occasionally (seems to be what makes the error come up.) 1080/24p works fine but 720/60p fails after 10 seconds.

Is there anything I need to do in Ptools to get this working properly? Lower or change a value?

Edit: Update - The B setting seems to work, but the A setting doesn't. Anyway to make the A setting more stable?

• I see Quantum 9b Updated - supposedly with Sedna matrix - in the downloads, is that the one you guys are referring to? How stable is it? I need highest quality with detail/motion, yet stable enough not to quit recording or lock up the camera - at least with the 64GB 95MB/s SanDisk card and manual lens...

• I think the new quantum9b updated is a little underrated :) I love it

• @thepalalias try the new quantum v9b Sedna mtx. if you could do a head to head comparison between sedna A aq1 and new quantum v9b Sedna mtx AQ4 it will be very useful for users who seek details in their shot. I feel new quantum aq4 is better than Sedna aq1.

• @pinger007 thank you very much! to be honest, I have no idea. But it was maybe around 5 or something 'cause everything is more or less in focus except the very close rocks.

• @andyvia1968 - Let us know when you get it all fixed.

• @thepalalias I remember seeing in one of the posts that using CM Night for day is absolutely fine if you know how to set it. Do you have any tips for getting good results with CM night during the day?

• @mo7ies Sedna was modified by @obscura and @rajamalik to meet and exceed that bitrate ( I seem to remember 168mbps was the preferred one out of the group) but the general consensus was that original bitrate of 148 or 149 mpbs (going from memory) was typically sufficient and was more stable.

Whenever I am using a sufficiently fast memory card and do not know what I will be shooting, Sedna is my default choice for high quality footage. When I need to emphasize lowlight on the shoot, I go CM Night. When I neeed longer record times or use slower cards, it varies through an array of settings that includes Cluster, Sanity, etc.

I have one music video that was shot almost entirely in 300% mode in Cake and Cluster.

• It would appear that, to surpass the more efficient Long GOP (Cluster) in image quality, Sedna should have at least 4x higher bitrate, at about 160Mb/s or higher. Do you know if, in fact, Sedna affords such high bitrate?

• @mo7ies I'll save you the suspense: Cluster v4 is a good long GOP setting but it does not improve the issues we were discussing earlier. Sedna AQ1 A will do noticeably better in areas like the detail and update frequency of the low contrast shadow areas, etc.

I have not tested the newest versions of Cluster against Sedna - but I did do so with earlier versions and I looked for differences in the way the newer versions handled things vs. the old ones. The settings are quite good but if we are talking about 24H, they have not managed to magically offer the advantages of GOP1 settings in a long GOP package. :)

• @Flaaandeeers - are you saying you did side-to-side tests of Sedna AQ1 vs, say, Cluster v4 12/15 GOP? Any footage or stills showing the results? Thanks!

• I just want to say that I spent a lot of money on a Sandisk 95mbps SDXC 64gb just to be able to use Sedna AQ1... and IT TOTALLY WORTH IT. Sedna AQ1 is the best you can get on GH2 as far as I can see. I've tried lots of GOP3, 6 and 12-15 before, but Intra is everything... Thanks Nick for these awesome settings and I hope I can share some vids here soon.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions