Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • @Driftwood: i see the AQ checkboxes are not checked , when the patch is loaded into PTool. What should I do? leave it unchecked or go for it and try value 1 or 2? What do you reckon? Antway his sound to be great! Thanks @Driftwood and of coursr to @Vitaly Kisselev.

• Nice Driftwood. Great one!

• 24h spanning and smooth audio playback in the camera. Now I can use 24h on jobs where the client may want playback.

• @driftwood .. Nick, I have three GF2s .. if you want a specific thing shot let me know .. The prize, I want full manual control :)

• This Patch is the best of the best!

• This is unbelievable. V.K. and Driftwood Master of the matrix. Optimized the hell of it. Sandisk Extreme 30MB/s 32 gig card. Everything works!!!!

• @Pechante wins the prize of being first up with footage, closely followed by @Tifose for YouTube first appearanc. Great to see it working on the GF2 @kavadni who wins the prize for first GF2 footage (and on Vimeo!) :-)

• @cyfernoa

use FSH 60i and you´ll get a writing error:-)

• Here is a shot from a GF2 in FSH .. the file is downloadable .. it may be of use to somebody interested in GF2 with more streamparser skills than me.

• It even spans on a Transcend class 10 card. Why do people bother paying for the expensive San Disk cards? Before I had card write errors but ever since the new ptool I haven't had a problem. It's this because of further optimization available in the new version?

• Quick test i did sorry about no 1080p internet slow

• Some samples in 25p:

Very little movement: http://rene-henrich.de/Downloads/GH2-driftwood/00037.MTS Medium movement: http://rene-henrich.de/Downloads/GH2-driftwood/00043.MTS A bit more movement: http://rene-henrich.de/Downloads/GH2-driftwood/00040.MTS

Recorded them with my Transcend 32GB Class 10 card without problems. The last video is still uploading, don't wonder.

• @tomaso I should have been more clear (re HBR).. it is a GF2 .. I have 3 .. 1080/50i on the GF2. Confusion as I am testing HBR on my GH2.

That is it was FSH in PAL

• @otcx so this is a good overall MOST situations will be effective? Will it keep detail/motion in lowlight on par with the best of em? I'm sure I will test it! Anything would be better than my old AF100 24mbps in dark settings. Trails and mush we're common! So grateful for this forum. Gonna upload rocket in a few hours. Maybe shoot some nighttime stuff tonight after work!

• @kavadni Was it on a GF2 or actually on a GH2? Was it HBR? @driftwood HBR only on GH2 or also on GF2? I Don't have a GF2 yet, only my GH2. I have tested Flow Motion 100 settings in HBR, only comes out with around 30 mbits Will test Quantum X v2 for high quality fotage in HBR

• 24H spans on 95mb/s 64GB Sandisk. Also play back in camera with zero issues. I shut 15min on the card with a lumix 25mm f1.4 on AFC. Don't have StreamParser, cuz I am using a mac.

• This is the best for me so far. Spanning, in-camera playback, etc. Details is very good and artifacts are minimal.

• @JPB1138 There is lot of settings out there, and it is up to you what do you like. Hardly no settings works in every situation so you have to test em, and decide whats best for you, or do yo want change settings according shoot that you will take. Thats something that no one else can do for you.

• I always keep that one in the misc folder for such occasions! :D

• @kavadni Wow, thats great news... looking good... keep me informed :-) LOL @rockroadpix Did you actually go looking for that picture!?!

• nm, just saw it

• I just loaded this on a GF2 .. I made no changes. I pointed at the 4 death charts in a slide show. 14mm f2.5. I recorded for 51 seconds in HBR with no issues on Transcend class 10.

I don't use streaamparser etc .. windows reports 88Mb

• Wellllll???

:D

SMAILS WAITING.jpg
    842 x 478 - 87K
  • Stupid question. Span on SanDisk Extreme (~30MB/sec) supported?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions