Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • I started to think about: if I was just a script writer, would i keep on forums talking about the rumors of new pen, pencil and paper? or rumors of script writer softwares, maybe inkjet or laser printers, or bookbinding machines? Hey man there is a new release much better than computer, it is a typewriter, it is better because you type and print simultaneously! And it got hacked... now you can erase a wrong typed character!

• If you add like 500-600$ to that price ppl just rather buy the BlackMagic camera!

Yep, thanks for this. Otherwise we could have missed this.

And if you deduct $600, you can buy perfect P&S that includes the lens (for free!) and shoots 1080p60 videos. So, do not waste your money on GH3.

• If you add like 500-600$ to that price ppl just rather buy the BlackMagic camera!

• @Jizzyjones

Just forget about this line altogether.

• @apefos

Be sceptical considering any such claims.
    Rumor sites usually like to add speculations.

• '30p/25p in MP4, MOV and AVCHD' MOV?

• erasing unconfirmed speculations

• I added Andrea version to top post with some corrections.

Main issue is that rumor and the like sites fight now for posting first.

They still did not get rumors from their usual source - press event. So, it is all not perfectly accurate yet.

• Holy smokes Batman 'external XLR accessory'

• @azza

Interval shooting and slow motion. Slow Movie extension (40%, 50%, 80%) Fast 160/ 200 / 300%

This thing is calculated from the base 24fps.

24*100/40=60 :-)

• http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-hot-new-panasonic-gh3-specifications/

I know it's still rumors but I can't find any 1080 60p of that list!? The other details look good so far :) (if true)

• as @vitaliy_kiselev has already pointed out thousand times, mirrorless and dsrl are different markets so guessing gh3 price based on dxxxxx price is clueless.

I remember there was a post here somewhere showing last xmas sales figure demonstrating that the dslr market has rised worldwide and japan is the only market when mirrorless is gaining sales over dsrl.

Last but not the least: maybe you are so used havinng your gh2 inyour drawer that you don't remember how it was fucking expensive at launch. Same with gh1.

• StoneBat> Planning for unboxing video? :)
    Rambo> Yep, i'm just gunna invite Lee and Nick over, put the box in the middle of the room and watch the cardboard fly :->

Take 120p and do slow-mo. Hehe.

• I think some people should go out and look at other site than gh2 ones when they think that it would be a good move for Pana to price the gh3 in the $ 1500/2000 range. They would have a better perspective where the gh2/gh3 would stand in the general dslr/mirror less photo/hybrid camera market.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev hopefully they don't do us a Canon Cinema line :-) I think that they will know that they are more as an underdog who is there to conquer market share. They have a unique opportunity because of the advances they have in the video side and should capitalise on that. A gh2 with hopefully better DR, better viewfinder, better low light, better body, better codec at about $ 1000 , would take the $ 500-3000 dslr video market. There would just be no alternative. The stepping up or down (depending on what is important for each and everyone) would be the BMC at $ 3000.

• Lets not bring BMCC to this discussion as GH3 is diferent beast.

• I bet it will cost between $1500 and $1800. It seems logical that if they add features that ups the picture quality of the GH2, and add things like a headphone port, and manual mic levels, real hdmi out, the price will go up. This frees up room for a "middle" model with stripped features -- wouldn't be surprised if they introduce two models, because Panasonic are hot on the X designation right now. Personally, I don't like having too many models, but most companies seem to love it. Besides, they want to price it closer to other offerings in the market, like the Canon 5D MarkIII, and the BMCC. Not saying these camera's are all similar, but that's where Panasonic will want to place it. I hope it has a AVC-Intra option.

• If Panasonic were smart, they wouldn't peg the GH3 at $2k and above. For that amount, i would rather fork out another $1k for BMCC.

• @danyyyel

Thing is that corporations work differently. They know how to set the price and usually they are much better in this. Especially better than so called "internet gurus" who are usually wrong in 90% of cases.

• I hope Panasonic are not reading this Forum, because people are telling them to put the price higher!!!!!!!!!! The gh2 has started at about $ 900 to $ 1000 body if you take out the lens bundled it came with. Now two years later the market has change a bit, with better featured APSC camera like but not only D7000 for about $ 1000, and more pro quality/featured like the OM-D in the 43 mirrorless format. And Again, we have the strong possibility of a $ 1500 full frame Nikon camera.

I am not saying that the gh3 should be price at $ 500 but at $ 1500 to $ 2000, I think it would be a hard sell for the general dslr/mirrorless buyer. And for the more pro/enthusiast video camera shooter like me, at these price range, I would seriously consider saving not that much more to get the Blackmagic camera. For it to be price that high it would have to have some serious video camera feature like, ND filters or SDI or Xlr imputs. Then it would appeal to the smaller but higher end pro/enthusiast hybrid camera user. But they will loose part of the high volume m43 market, who want better quality than compact camera but who don't want the cost and bulkiness of DSLR camera. Just look at the complains on the 43rumors when they said that the camera would be bigger than current m43 cameras.

• StoneBat @Rambo >Planning for unboxing video? :)

Yep, i'm just gunna invite Lee and Nick over, put the box in the middle of the room and watch the cardboard fly :-)

• @Rambo Planning for unboxing video? :)

• If anyone could answer why it take so long to have GH3. Co

• I'm with Rambo. Crikey! I spent so bloody much on 16mm film trying to create and learn, this digi stuff is a cakewalk financially. And what you can DO with them...! I'll keep the gh2, maybe grab another on their exit, then I'll get a gh3 (if there is one hhh) I've used a few panasonic video cams hvx 200. Love the look, their approach. Regardless, we're very lucky to have so many options, right down to making films with telephones. And also regarless of hack -ability or not, I love this site and how Vitaliy runs it; so I'll be hoping this keeps going. Cheers!

• GH3 is looking very nice indeed. I think most of us have been spoilt by the GH2 and it's low cost, I'm prepared to pay double for the list of specs on the first post of this thread and not have to jump through hoops.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions