Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • Any GF2 Video Test with the hack?

• @cinemon

Did you shoot in ex tele mode? Ex tele mode, ISO bug and your screen grab is heavy on shadows = lots of noise. Use things like reflectors to focus sunlight if outside or get a faster lens.

• some comments above is my footage with orion with iso 640 and the same nasty noise..

• okay, but with the original firmware i have a smoother look in this low frequency. the patch makes a brilliant look, but also a brilliant noise

• Pop24 - This is normal for 3200 iso. The hack does not remove noise. We're not sure what the native ISO for the camera is, but you're shooting at at least +18dB!!

• with the original firmware, the denoiser in the camera works better i think

• Of course it's noisy at ISO3200! Also, you would need the same shot under the same conditions for the comparison you referenced between hacked and not.

• the same not in motion..image

00201.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 905K

a motion scene with the pictoris patch "orion matrix" nostalgic mode color -2 ,24h, 3200 iso. its full of heavy noise

00200.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 905K
  • @pop24 words really don't mean much without the details and examples under the same camera settings and lighting conditions.

• i have shoot today with orion 4b and my footage looks terrible noisy?! i have shoot with iso 640 all the time...

vlcsnap-2012-03-03-16h57m08s14.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Nice Driftwood =) Can you tell me what setting did you use in the concert footage? Thanks

• @driftwood I have little or no doubt that Canon have learned lot from this forum and specially from your hack as well work of Vitality, Chris brandin, lpowell , blazer, duratix and lot others... and all the testing people do here ... It is shame that Panasonic keeps sleeping . Canon must donate money to Vitality.

• i filmed with the pictoris patch "orion matrix" in a dark club with a deep red light yesterday. there is heeeavy noise, a totaly distortion in this low frequency. with the original 1.1 firmware i have not this problem, because the intern denoiser from the camera works correct with the original profile "i think" i hope someone can check this.

• @driftwood: Tried HBR (30p) on v5c ß Pictoris CBR with Orion matrix, using GH2 and Sandisk Extreme HD Video 32GB 32MB/s card. Olympus 45/1.8 lens, wide open, low to medium ISO, static interview shots with blurred out background. Hit 4GB and failed to span. Could not play back in camera, but plays fine in VLC and Premiere Pro. Same shot with PanaLeica 25/1.4 plays back in camera, but I did not try to span.

720/60p with v4b Orion worked great on GH2 with Panasonic 14-140, 14/2.5, 25/1.4, and Oly 45/1.8, using ISO from 160 - 1600, same Sandisk 32GB 32MB/s card. Plays back fine on camera. Did not attempt to span.

• @grendelX Thanks for those image picture profile comparison tests. Much appreciated and I'll be using them for analysis.

@stanlymanly2 Very nice grading tests. Thank you.

@JDN Thanks for the ETC stuff - looks better than the past :-)

Personally, I'm rather satisfied with my Orion Matrix, not too sure about the Hybrid yet, but tweakings are on the way.

• @matthere, It isn't going to happen- sorry- was just a brain sh_t moment,... disregard my statement... @driftwood, Yes, totally hypothetical... but it 'could' be done... ;)

Basically I realized long ago in this game that even 'if' VK had 'help' from Panny (or any other company) that it would probably just slow him down!... (can you just imagine the paperwork?)

• It wouldnt suprise me if Canon realised all of a sudden (watching over here at Intra on GH2) that they could implement Intra frame coding with AVCHD with their new 5Dmkiii. ;-)

• I would have thought that Panasonic would be interested in what's going on here.. I wonder if there is any chance GH2 data might come this way again?

Doesn't anybody know any Panasonic employees? ;)

• @driftwood "We need to discover a few things more and that includes looking deeper into the code of the firmware... new developments happen all the time with VK's incredible work."

If only Panny gave VK the SDK for the GH2 already!!! (wait, they don't know what is going on anyway!- most probably after the GH3- Panny will come to VK to work out how to implement RAW etc...)

• I tried to put the hybrid matrix to v4B Orion. Copied the lines from in between "Encoder setting 1 1080i/p" and "720p60 Opt1 GOP Table". Is this the right way to do it, or do I need to copy more?

Quantum X v4B Orion with hybrid matrix.zip
  • @stanlymanly2 This is probably off-topic, but what settings did you use for the cinematic look of your footage?

• @stanleymanly2 that first clip was outstanding!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions