Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • Moon T8 :)

• Guys which patch is best for grading 720p modes?

• Excellent points all around. Now, let's get back to our beloved GH2 and shoot something today. Anything.

• (Deleted)

• This has nothing to do with poor taste. I donated as well. No need to complain about the delay if this was work from scratch. But it is not anymore. Again, what puzzles me is the fact, that T9 was announced "the next weekend" - let´s say three days- and delayed for half a year by now. We do also sometimes jobs for free, to help friends, don´t we? Especially editing is a tough favour, because it is prone to extensions. But even with an unpaid job I would never let someone wait for such a long time because he still counts on me. I think patching has become dead end. But instead of admitting this, - we had a good time and we have great patches- we still get some bones thrown at...

• @Frame....that's just an amazing attitude and before you ask, yes I've donated a number of times and will so again. But if you don't like the service your getting, shop elsewhere.

• Yes, two years ago I suggested about GH2 profiles modifying and that time I wrote that if this doesn't happen, the hacking of the codec/bitrate only will face its dead end very soon. More than two years spent on one and the same thing with a lot of similar patches... Was I wrong?!?

• Frame, sure, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a free gift. Not to mention that Moon T8 is simply amazing (IMHO), I'm sure that each patch gets harder and harder to improve from the last one.

And then there is the inevitable march of technology that is probably giving Driftwood new cameras to shoot with, and maybe from which he can glean some ideas to apply to Moon T9 or whatever.

I just think it is in extremely poor taste to complain about this delay, that's all -- Be appreciative, and happy! :)

• @Frame: Since he does this all voluntary and does not benefit of the donations i dont see a real right of yours to demand anything. I am personally also a bit puzzled why it takes so long, then on the other hand what do you expect from a new setting? I think there will hardly be a visible improvment, the intravenus and moonsettings have maxed out the gh2, hacking the picture profiles, would be the last interesting step.

• Free gifts? Did you never donate? And yes, Driftwood did actually deliver on time, many great patches as we all know. But now it seems nothing but hot air.

• Wow, really Frame? Come on, you are going to complain because the guy who gives us these lovely free gifts doesn't give them to us "on time"?

• Uhmm... which sum justifies a delay from a few days to almost 6 months?

• @frame ... it just means its time to donate some resources. or money.

• @hexagonal @driftwood This is (not) happening (yet):

"Some terrific shots of late (as above) Im actually working on a Moon T9 atm. :-)" (Dec.2014)

"Merry Christmas to all personal-view members. moon T9 this weekend :-)" (Dec.2014)

"moon t9 is nearing completion... apologies for delay - still fine tuning HBR." (Feb.13th, 2015)

Today is May 5th 2015 - did I miss something?

• @Gardner

Is that GH2 footage you're grading? If so, what patch? Nice work, mate.

• @Garder

Is that GH2 footage you're grading? If so, what patch? Nice work, mate.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Apologies. I didn't think I was stepping out the line here.

So, @matt_gh2 and @Manicd, I have now placed SanDisk's answer here:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/90/sandisk-extreme-sdhc-cards#Item_424

What was that about moon T9 @Frame?

• Frankly nothing else to discuss besides cards as moon T9 has been announced near completion twice, last time was 25th of march.

• @hexagonal

Use appropriate topics for cards discussion, we have ones.

• @Jim_Simon

I am using Amazon, because I am in the UK. Could the U3 card you had have the UHS II thing that @Manicd mentioned?

• @Jim_Simon What card was it? Do you remember if it was listed as class 10? It would have a 10 with a circle on the card.

The new UHS-II and some UHS-I U3 appear to not all have class 10 rating. So those without class 10 rating may not work well with GH2 patches.

• B&H is a good vendor for this. I had to return a U3 card from a different company because even though it was certified with the GH4, it just did not work at all with a hacked GH2. (Still not clear on how that could be.)

Point is, try the U3 and if it's a no-go, you should be fine returning it.

• @manicd @matt_gh2,

I guess that's whats going to happen...I'll get a U3 card and see what happens. I'm going to try T5 and T7 (current one installed) and see how long the recording goes to. If it goes until the battery is dead, then we know we have a winner. So, according to this image:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81dfE5KFOeL.SL1500.jpg

The card still has UHS I specs, but U3 speed, right?

So this card should work with the GH2 as the U1 one does.

What it means is that, if in the future I want to use an AX100 or similar partial camera to U3, then I would be covered at least until then.

Could this be that maybe its just a certification and not any FW or HW difference at all?

Well...I'll see what Sandisk say first, then order it and see and get back to you all about all of this!

Now time to get into researching the Tascam recorders I need. Looking at DR-70D or DR-60DmkII. Anyone have experience with the DR-70D if it has a lot of handling noise when you record with the built-in mics? Thinking of having that "wingspan" as handle for the GH2 doing double recording of the built-in mics and feeding a shotgun at the same time.