Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • This is a video using Moon T8, using basically the Lumix 20 1.7 Lens in most of the shots and iPhone 5S for underwater ones. Even in 2015, the GH2 is proving to be a very powerful camera.

• @driftwood what about MOON T9??? i bought a new fz1000 last week.. is there any low light hack available for fz1000.. it gets lots of noise over iso 800..

• Such a cool experience :) Moon T7. 24L. 640iso.

• @gth2hfun I'd say you're good from about f4 onwards.

• @Bozzie Thanks, for the fast reply. The Vistascope has a really nice sharpness falloff (backround blurriness) very filmlike. At what fstop is the sharpness acceptable. THX

• Cheers, @gth2hfun. As follows:

1) Nikon (Nikkor) 50mm Ais taking lens.

2) Delft Vistascope (Delrama) 8mm Anamorphic lens adapter. 1.5x.

3) AVCHD

4) Lut was created using Davinci Resolve. The Kodak Tetrachrome Lut is part of the Impulz series by Visioncolor. You can check it out here --> http://www.vision-color.com/impulz/.

No problemo.

• @Bozzie Video looks amazing!

Couple Questions:

1) What lens did you use? taking glass?

2) what anamorphic adapter did you use? Stretch Factor?

3) Did you record MJPEG or AVCHD?

4) Colorgrading: How did you create the LUT? Davinci Resolve? Where can i find the Base Kodak Tetrachrome Lut by Visioncolor?

BIG THANKS!

• @Tjabo Thanks man. The grade itself wasn't really that extensive. It's a custom GH2 grade I created based around the Kodak Tetrachrome Lut by Visioncolor. What took the most amount of time was the process of levelling out the blacks, highlights, mid-tones and saturation along with finite color adjustments for a balanced, even look. (This was all done to taste).

No denoiser used :)

• @Bozzie, WOW!!! That came out extremely nice! How extensive of a grade was necessary to achieve that, and did you denoise it?

• More of a 'real world' trial of Moon T7 + old Anamorphic adapter. This could work.

• Short experimental edit. Moon T7. 640iso. Nikon Nikkor 50mm Ais. May or may not switch back to Cluster X Spizz T5 (My fave hack to date). But I'll be pushing T7 as hard as I can before I decide :)

• @matt_gh2 Thanks! I appreciate it. :) I still have a lot to learn yet. That's an interesting Smooth combo. I will try that on my next shoot.

• @kleo Nice looking video, music working real well as well. Saw you were on Vibrant. If you haven't yet, I'd definitely recommend giving Smooth all-2 with Saturation at 0 a whirl. Really worked magic for my setup. Keep rocking - real nice stuff here.

• @matt_gh2 For some reason, I didn't get your tag/notification in my email. Hence, the late response. But here's the finished video. I shot an anime convention in Iowa a couple of weeks ago. I used Intravenus v2 per your recommendation with my Bolex Moller adapter and Pentax Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 as the taking lens. Settings were Vibrant (-2, 0, -1, 0) and shot in 720p60. And yeah, it is a pretty great feeling when you are nailing the look that you want. :)

• @discomandavis, very interesting! It kind of showed me why some of the shots I've done at ISO 1250 looked better than I expected. Do you plan other types of ISO testing to see what sort of noise pops up in the mids? That is where I see more noise with Moon T8 compared to Moon T7 where I saw more in the darks like your test would show.

Was this all with 24H?

• I am gearing up for a shoot, and wanted to run some tests before I get into the water. I did this ISO test on the GH2 to check for noise using Moon T8. I was pleasantly suprised, and wanted to share the test.

• @Kleo Very cool - glad that's working for you. Would love to see some of your footage with Bolex Moller if you feel like posting. It's definitely a cool feeling when you find something that basically looks just how you imagined.

• Hey @JayUKB at some point I had the iso on 1600, which I found was a little bit too bright. But then again it wasn't extremely dark outside. It kinda depends on the look you're going for. I think 1250 is a max for my likes.

• @matt_gh2 Hey, thanks for the recommendations. I've tried Spizz T5, DREWnet T9, and Moon T7 and T8. I just recently tried Intravenous v2 and I love it. It works for what I'm doing. I probably wouldn't have tried it had you not mentioned it being the most '80s out of the bunch. I shoot mainly in 720p and use an anamorphic Bolex Moller 8/19 1.5x adapter. I did some tests and bingo! For some reason, Intravenous v2 produced less noise for me, and it was way easier to color grade compared to the other patches I've tried. Great call, man.

• @rhayokely, beautiful images! Also shot with Moon T8 and Spizz T7?

• @dlzn How far did you find you could comfortably push the iso?

• Tested Moon T8 again on a recent big shoot. You can really push the iso in low light conditions! That is a great feature. From now on this wil be my main hack. @driftwood

• Oh one last thing, is there a new version of Ptool I shld download? I have ptool3.exe

• Thank you for the responses/advice all. Guess I'll try out the T8!