Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • @All @flaschus

Do I need to improve Valkyrie Flat4 further? Are there those who are using VF4? If required, I also further improve this. :-)

• NEW!

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2 Candidate1.5c 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix' - seta.ini - Released 02/11/2012

This is the version which adjusted safer from C1.5b in HBR and 720p.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focus was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try it! And I am very glad if feedback can be got.

*If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

Special thanks to @har_k, @syoushow, @Tobsen, @peternap, @jul, @towi, @flaschus, @Berlin and @Mrhechang! :-)

Of course, thanks to @cbrandin and KING @driftwood!

*24p is the same as C1.5b.

• Superb-looking simulated 444 matrix from cbrandin

• Modified 444 matrix from my BETA Team in Japan is adopted in HBR/1080i and 720p modes.

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p24 at Q18

• Upto 140M for Top Quality 1080p30 at Q18 in 24L mode with 80% Slow-Motion Mode (No Sound)

• Upto 75M for Top Quality HBR/FSH modes

• Upto 75M for Top Quality 720/50p modes

• Upto 55M for Top Quality 720/60p modes

• Extremely reliable top performance in AVCHD 24H and 24L

• 80% Slow-Motion is available in 24L only

• Fully working iA and iDynamic modes if you require them

• Beautiful 3 GOP bringing short GOP style detail & movement-rendition in 24p and 1080i

• Bush of Death / Death chart tested.

• Wonderful Pasadena Pulse Audio Patch V2 B2, by Per Lichtman

• Top quality 2K mjpeg Mode in HD by Nick Driftwood

• In camera playback is sometimes not available in 24p. In other mode, available after reboot the camera.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

bkmcwd Valkyrie 444 TYPE-ZERO2_Candidate1.5c 'Apocalypse Now' with cbrandin 'Pure Original 444 Matrix' and 'Modified 444 Matrix'.zip
  • UPDATE(2012/11/06)These candidates of GOLGOP3-13 are upgraded as official settings as a result of verification.

@ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 4b" , "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 4b" , "GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 5" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 5"

I release the next candidates for "GOLGOP3-13-A" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" settings.

All of these matrices are the same as C4. The main changed parts are having further raised freeze tolerance especially in HBR.

The difference between C4b and C5 is a difference in how depending on which the bit rate appears. I am not sure which candidate is the better. Please judge.

I think that the freezing issue at the moment of the focus was solved nearly perfectly also in Panny lens use.

Please try them! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

Special thanks to @Mrhechang and @syoushow! :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*In each candidate, 'MAX' versins and 'A' versions are completely the same except 24p.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

Please DL original raw data to look the REAL IQ. *These videos are only samples for image quality.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 4b.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 4b.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 5.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 5.zip
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_C5_24p_ISO160_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1299 x 637 - 564K
    GOLGOP3-13-MAX_C5_HBR30p_ISO160_night_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 563K
  • @ GOP3ZILLA lovers :-)

"GOP3ZILLA_3_Candidate 3"

I release the 3rd candidate for "GOP3ZILLA_3" setting.

In this version, the freezing issue at the moment of the focus in HBR or 720p is canceled.

Please try it! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

If this is also still unstable, I will further adjust.

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

*About 24p, it is completely the same as former candidates.

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 100M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*This is the simple setting which harnessed the feature of the stock as it was.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card. However, I have got the report that the card of other classes 10 can also be used satisfactorily.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_3_Candidate3.zip
    867B
  • @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 4" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 4"

I release the each 4th candidates for "GOLGOP3-13-A" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" settings.

These have changed also including the matrix from the former candidates.

The main changed parts are "having changed all matrices into I=P=B", and "improvement in freezing-proof performance" especially in HBR. I think that the bit rate in HBR probably becomes low rather than a former candidate. However, the freezing issue at the moment of the focus was solved also in Panny lens use.

Please try them! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

Special thanks to @Mrhechang and @syoushow! :-)

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*These two settings are completely the same except 24p.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

Please DL original raw data to look the REAL IQ. *This video is only sample for image quality.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 4.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 4.zip
    GOLGOP3-13_C4_24p_ISO800_live_sp_qp.JPG
    1298 x 633 - 481K
  • @misunhd Amazing work man!!! Thanks always for using my settings, mate. :-)

• Thanks for your great setting bkmcwd! GOP3ZILLA Standerd V3 beta 24H&SH mode smooth -2,-2,-2,-2 ZuikoDigital ED12-60SWD ZuikoDigital ED50-200SWD

TimeLaps Olympus OM-D E-M5 M.ZuikoDigital 9-18 ROKINON 7.5mm f3.5 FishEye

• @har_k Many thanks always for testing my settings, mate! :-) A new lens also seems to be wonderful.

• @bkmcwd

I used "Valkyrie Flat4 'Apocalypse Now' with Driftwood's Flat 4 Matrix" 24H mode.

Thanks for amazing quality settings and your hard work!!

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,0,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO 35-100mm/F2.8

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• I came back. Thanks, @Tobsen! I finished downloading. Looks so coooool!!! :-)

• @bkmcwd I am uploading some recent lowlight shotsto my Dropbox. Check your mailbox ;)

• @Shon No, I am speaking of shutter speed. I was exposing the shots longer than usual so movement blurred (I hope now I get the vocabulary right).

• @Mrhechang Thanks always mate! Based on the feedback from you, I am further improving GOLGOP3-13 now. :-)

• GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 3 low light footage sample
    HBR and 24p
    nos(0,0,0,0) SS50 or 100 AWB
    panasonic 20mm F1.7(wide open) ISO160-800
    panasonic 12-35mm F2.8(wide open) ISO400-1600
    no color grading

• Since I received the report that HBR of GOLGOP3-13 Candidate3 in NTSC froze, I am improving it now.

And I am also advancing preparation of 'Cbrandin Cinema Smooth Matrix' version of Valkyrie. :-)

• @Tobsen I guess you were talking about the frame rate, the lower the frequency, the greater the effect of jelly "rolling shutter".

• @dancerchris I guess I mixed up vocabulary - not a native! Shutter speed 1/10 produces more blurred motion, not jitter. This is what I meant and what we shot. Thanks for pointing it out.

• @Tobsen "since most shots are with a 1/10th shutter for the jitter effect"

Doesn't make sense. 1/10th shutter is > 360 deg. Which in a way is nonsense (the camera would probably have to limit to max <= 360 deg). For jitter you want shutter phase < 180 deg. i.e. Shutter speed something faster than 1/(2*frame_speed)

• @Tobsen

I'll see if I can find something usable for your evaluation. If not, the next shoot will include more "proper" shots.

Please tell me your impressions of it. And, you can get an appropriate sample, I'd like to see it. :-)

• @bkmcwd I'm back from the dead. Loaded C1.5b for a short psycho movie with lots of low light :) First test shots look very decent, but it is hard to judge details etc since most shots are with a 1/10th shutter for the jitter effect. I'll see if I can find something usable for your evaluation. If not, the next shoot will include more "proper" shots. Thanks for your relentless hard work!

• @2many

Thanks for PM. I sent a reply. :-)

• @2many

It is a big welcome that you test my settings. However, since it seems that it is necessary to also test other persons' settings, this thread may not be suitable. How about consulting with @Vitaliy_Kiselev?

• Hello all,

is there anyone who has done some extended testing with these new patches and settings more specifically on human subjects; especially CU's? I am going to run some various tests in different lighting settings very soon but it would be helpful to hear about some of the findings of other people. It would be helpful to know which patches and which settings are worth testing and which aren't.

I'm equally interested in some opinions about how the GH2 interacts with sharp and less sharp lenses and how much the lens is able to influence the image coming out of the cam. I've read that the in camera processing has quite a dramatic effect on the image so is it still 'better' (read: price vs. quality) to go for an expensive set of lenses or can the same quality (more or less) be achieved with the standard kit lenses? I will also run some tests with some expensive canon lenses and let you know about my experience with them.

Lastly; would you prefer a less sharp lens with an image that has digital sharpening or a very sharp lens with no digital sharpening? In theory the latter sounds more 'appropriate' but as has been shown countless of times; theory isn't practice. In the end you have to trust on your eyes, I think.

If this post isn't regarded as being appropriate for this thread, I shall remove it to somewhere else.

• @eiji1783 Thanks always, mate. Your steadicam work is GREAT as usual! :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters