Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • yoo... whats cookin ya'll?

when's the new patches being released?

• All entries will be judged accordingly by all visitors here. So please, please upload. There is no foregone conclusion until its over.

• I don't think i will enter mine after seeing @onionbrain 's entry. Where is that place? Is it heaven?

Or will my entry still be useful to you even if it's not the very best of sunsets entered @driftwood ?

• @onionbrain Amazing Andrew. Love it :-) Very imaginative combination of the elements @levisdavis, Well done.

Some great submissions coming in. Keep 'em coming, the competition is on page one for those who have missed it - and there's still time to enter :-)

@iFilmFlops Great award-winning film. Well done mate. :-)

• @strancali Thanks. I guess if it evokes a feeling, it's a success on some level. Now, excuse me while I go shoot stuff while chewing tobacco.

@iFilmFlops Congratulations!

@levisdavis Great job on that!

• Panasonic GH2 - VY Canis Majoris 'Green Screen matrix setting' + Cluster 135mm Nikon Nikkor Non-Ai at F 20 & F 32 with Tiffen .6 Gradient ND Standard Picture Profile (-2,0,2,-2) - 24 FPS - ISO 320 & 160 - Shutter Speed of 50 - Manual White Balance at 10,000) Video Copilot (Free Stock Pack (airfield explosion)) Sunrise shots taken on July 23, 2012 from 5:30 AM till 6:00 AM Helicopter shot taken on July 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

• Our movie, Poison, just won Best Cinematography and Best Drama at this year's Detroit 48hr Film Project competition. It was shot with @Driftwood's Crossfire Night version. Thanks, @Driftwood for all these great hacks.

• Ah, yes . . . the heartbreak of Vimeo compression.

• @onionbrain very nice Andrew. I feel like strapping on the 6 shooter, grab the cowboy hat, chewing tobacco and riding into the sunset :)

• This is my initial entry into the Driftwood sunrise competition...

Used Cluster V6 "Drewnet" at 1080/24p. The file is over two hours long spanning (I think) nine files reaching a total of something like 39 gigabytes. Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AI-S with a Tiffen graduated neutral density filter. Vibrant at -2, -2, 0, -2. The only things done in post were an increase in saturation and a very mild increase in contrast with a levels adjustment.

As usual -- the original files from camera look astounding -- and encoding down to Vimeo's 6 Mbps is heartbreaking.

This exceeds the 1 minute time limit thing -- so if that's a deal breaker it can be re-cut.

• Shot an all-day Blues Festival using Cluster v6 Nebular. Worked without a hitch, even shot a full Transcend 32GB Class 10 card with not a single write error. Didn't realize Nebular would work with the lowly Transcened card... Cool!

• Hello,,,

any news on Day AM?

• @Mirrorman: Nice shooting and beautiful bird. Cluster is very efficient.

• ok thank you for the info! always superior to 11 :)

• @gokuan003 I asked this question about number increments a while back. It's sometimes hard to find answers on the board. You can find explanation/answer from Driftwood here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/70982#Comment_70982

Just do NOT use the number 11. Use a number higher than 11 and you will be fine. The camera always thinks it is at version number 11. I was up to 14 or 15. After the answer from Driftwood, I just use 12 each time and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

• ok I did'nt know that we can rename with a lower number. Some people say that we have to rename with a lower number. Thank you both for your help

• I can rename it with a lower number without any problems with the fix that :) I would have chosen.?

• @gokuan003. Use the same number over and over or start from low number again like 12

• Why are you doing that? When you flash it, take your copy of the original firmware and save it as whatever, I just go up one, flash the camera and format the card.

The next time, do exactly the same thing. There isn't any need to add one higher number each time.

• I am currently at number 91 hack but I'll probably need to change thereafter and I noted that above 100 it was impossible to make me an update :/

• Why would you go to 100?

• Hi!

I have a little problem while :/ stupid when I do an update on Ptool 365d above the number 100, they tell me that this is impossible! how to solve the problem: (

thank you