Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Another series of test shots with Cluster v6 Drewnet. Really enjoying it.

@otcx nice work. Unfortunately my car is in the shop so I'm not sure I can get out to film a sunset. ugh

• @driftwood VY Canis Majoris night

• @otcx Well done. A very good entry. Which setting did you use? :-)

• @otcx you gave us the wrong link, it should be this one ;)

• this is my second movie with cluster 6 'DREWnet', profile smooth, pancake 20mm, hyperprime 12mm.

this was a fashion movie only wirh the pancake 20mm, profile cinema

• @punc The same exact thing has been happening to me also. The motion blur starts to look really weird sometimes, it's almost like a strobe light went off 3 times and froze 3 individual frames...instead of having a smoothly blended motion blur (hopefully that gets the point across). For me, it usually happens when I crank up the ISO but even at lower ISOs it happens randomly. I cant even figure out what's causing it. I'm hoping that someone knows and can tell me why it happens so I can avoid it at all costs.

• @driftwood ok sir i will try my best.,...wish me gudluck ;)

• @driftwood Hi I just finish shooting musik video,I was using CM night,(shutter 50,Nicor 50mm,f1.4,25mm,24P).one of the scene vas allot of moving camera,like in action,and I realize that motion it's strange and stils looks like a double picture.this is normal?or wich is the best action patch I haw to use for actions? thanks, allot

foto2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    foto3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • *** NEW *** Driftwood 'GalaXian' Setting for GX1 owners. See page 1 or this thread;-

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3964/ptool-v3.66d-public-beta-topic#Item_12

Blown up MP4 mode examples below at 25p.

Driftwood 'Galaxian' GX1 Setting FHD 1080-25p mp4 example4 - Nokton 0 95.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    Driftwood 'Galaxian' GX1 Setting FHD 720p-25p mp4 example5 - Nokton 0 95.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
  • @Ebacherville @kong Lovely, but the thing is I DON'T need eclipses. I need sunrise or sunset.

All: Please no more past videos unless entering for the competition. Shoot NEW! Get out there!

@rajamalik Don't be so impatient! Just shoot with whatever is available NOW.

• @thepalalias i will try,.. but when is this patch getting released,.. is it a patch over sedna A and Canis Night?????

• Well, I don't think I have the original MTS, but I do have a couple witnesses to me shooting it. sadly not on Cluster ... so disqualify as you wish .. just sharing .. it is of the eclipse this spring.. , we called it "The Devils Sunset".. I may shoot a sunset for this compition if time allows, but if were into sunsets here is a interesting once in a life time one.. I also explain how I shot it in the video.. Just a ND and a long lens.. Shot near Elpaso Texas

• You can provide a graded version on Youtube or vimeo if you prefer. However, the original mts file must be kept and be readily available to submit when the winner is announced.

I'll update the rules on page 1. :-)

• @Driftwood once again, just to clarify. You want us to upload the original .mts to vimeo/youtube right? So no post processing (i.e color grading or speeding up for time lapse)? Just want to double check, I know its supposed to be under a min, but just wanted to make sure the original needed to be under a min, otherwise we could film a longer duration then speed it up to under a min.

• @ishvar Not at all. Version 5 and 5.1 are both good - but they are more extreme and will fail on Ai and idynamic modes on high detail. You choose your weapons...

• @driftwood what happened with Cluster V5? I liked it better than V5.1, b.t.w. Is there any reason to use V6 nebular GOP 6 or V6 DREWnet GOP 12 with only max 30mbs for HBR 25p?

My mate Jan made this testclip with the new 12-35mm Panasonic Lumix lens and cluster V5 @ HBR 25p:

• @driftwood I don't think I used the hack that far back :)

@LPowell I think it's either Flow Motion or Cake. I have two GH2s plus a whole bunch of hacks, so hard to keep track which is which

Of course I disqualify myself but if Mr. Driftwood wants to use it, I'll be more than happy to send you the MTS file.

I am looking forward to Apocalypse Now release. Maybe I'll go shoot something else with it.

• @rajamalik Still being tested. Looking forward to your contributions to the contest.

• @rajamalik Driftwood states "any of my Driftwood settings" and "Filmmakers will upload their entries via youtube or Vimeo and posted as a visual link into this thread." So use any driftwood setting, upload your video to youtube or vimeo, post the link here - Bingo! You're done.

• @driftwood hi sir, wish you all the very best!! i have a doubt. does the competition includes a condition that we must only use only "Apocalypse Now" is it canis day AM setting or something new?? i read the first page. if i have to share mts file how should i??? upload???? anything about your film??? is it going to be a shot in your short film or commercial one????

• @thepalalias Apocalypse Now is released or ???