Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @strancali yeah cluster 4 i love it so much. next time i will try cluster 6 :-)

• @pop24 that's some crazy quality

• Cluster 4 - profile smooth - iso 640 - 24p - pancake 20mm - i love it

• Kazuo, As they say, a picture's worth a thousand words.

• @tinbeo yep! You got it

• @Driftwood I just sold my 7D for 1100.00 with kit lens. I've had a half dozen other people with cash in hand, email me since. That should give you a ballpark idea. Can't help with the MKII, I sold that a year ago,

• @driftwood Just tried Cluster v6. Enabled AQ to All Details, the images are tack sharp despite the consistent but relatively lower bit rates of about 25-28mb/s. Interesting when compared to v3, which i have been using as the default patch for sometime now. What i noticed about v6 with AQ enabled, is that it is so sharp it's almost lost the shallow depth of field, for some reason. With v3, using the same settings, and lens, when i rack focus, I can still see a change of planes. Care to enlighten us?

Regardless, thanks so much once again for the tremendous efforts. Saw Quantum9b used in the Zacuto shootout. Awesome! For the next tests, think they better try your new ones : )

• Hi I have posted this picture in another topic but i will post it again. I think everbody can see the differenc between stock and hacked firmware. stock-sanity5-flow 2.02-cluster5.1 bye

Unbenannt.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
  • @Jhero Were you use 720p, shutter 125? All the slow motions look so nice.

• @driftwood Normally 6 months would not feel like an eternity, but you got us used to incredible improvements at such a fast pace that it does feel like an eternity (Sedna's and Canis' IQ were inconceivable dreams back then)... ;-)

I agree that bkmwcd's and lpowell's 3 GOPs are excellent. Nonetheless, I'm sure that 1GOP lovers like myself would find it awesome to have the option to switch to a similar-looking 3GOP when 1GOP won't do. Anyway, can't really complain. You guys have already spoiled us plenty...:-) So, thanks so much!!!

• So wow!! I've fallen in love with Cluster… I used 5.1 to shoot a 25th wedding anniversary this past weekend and it was such a joy to grade

The story is so touching as well!

ps, vimeo encoding isn't the best so take a look at the flickr pictures for closer to ProRes quality

• Probably about right methinks @MiisterBink

• @Driftwood - Thanks for that. As for your camera prices: 5DmkII - I'd ask between 50-60% of the original price I paid. Depending on it's condition of course. 7D - Around 60-80% of the orginal price I paid (body only). 60D - About 70-90% of the original price.

I dunno, maybe I'm a greedy git... Does that sound unreasonable?

• Did 3GOP 6 months ago! ;-) The reason is as you suggest, to be fair there's already well grounded settings from bkmwcd and lpowell - both excellent 3 GOPs.

Besides, I wanted to see how far 12/15 GOP could be pushed and if you think about it - anything in AVCHD above 30M+ for HBR, 40M+ for 720 and 70M+ for 24p working reliably like Cluster v6 does is much better than the old mpeg 35M 12/15 Long GOP standards from yore such as the once 'pro' codecs found in Sony EX Camcorders, Canon cams, etc...

6GOP Cluster is looking very good too and will be out v soon.

• Just installed Cluster v6 and have been trying it out! I think the best equivalent setting to compare it to is going to be Cake v2.3 because both of them are able to span in all video modes. Cake v2.3 definitely is giving higher bitrates in HBR mode, but it has a shorter GOP, so I'm not sure if the video is actually better quality.

• @driftwood Hey Nick, as a quiet but fervent admirer of your amazing work, I was wondering if there are particular reasons why none of you recent settings are 3GOP for 24p (I understand that there are quite a few settings in that arena, but I'd love to see your take on a 3GOP for 24p shooters...:-).

• Guys, I have a few Canons (body onlys) for sale. A two year old Canon 5DmkII, a one & half year old 7D and a one yer old 60D (all good as new with boxes etc), Any idea what price I should ask for them before I marketplace?

• @MisterBink swiitch over to PAL mode in the cameras tools menus 'Video mode = PAL'. Any settings with the 'PAL<->NTSC Menu=' Checked will enable you to switch modes. Thus, switch modes, turn off camera, turn back on and reformat a sdcard to that country mode. Record away in 1080i, HBR or 720p to notice the change to 50 frames.

@Zaven13 Much more stability on all REC modes and extreme modes such as Etc, iA and iDynamic. Plus better quality&motion on 1080i/HBR/720 modes.

• Which patches and settings do I use to enable the 1080i50? I'd love to try the slow-mo there...

• @driftwood. When you release Cluster v6 (6GOP), please explain the differences between CL v6 6GOP and CL v3 6GOP. Thanks in advance.

• @driftwood Depends on your definition. ;-)

But a serious thanks to yours and VKs hard work. Our slow climb to what we have now is in large part to the tools you've unleashed for us. Fully funded feature in the works here in New Mexico to be solely shot on 3 GH2s all hacked with Sedna. The largest thing I've learned from all of the seasoned people here especially yourself and VK is that a tool like the GH2 and test shots can only go so far. It's imagination, hard work, and ingenuity that makes shit happen. So, thanks for helping us along. Making dreams happen.

• @artiswar Nothing rude I hope?! ;-)

• @driftwood Thanks! My partner and I do weddings as well as anything else that comes our way.

• @SuperSet Thought summit was up!!! :-) Thanks. As you can see by your charts there's much more allocated across the GOP to detail & movement in Cluster. Come to the grading I think I know which one I'd rather use. However, Sanity v5 is very economical and has its uses.

• Okay, finished the streamparser. I was wrong, it was 71M+ for the Cluster file. Sorry about that. Here are the screenshots for both files. Hope it helps.

Cluster v6: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/7sgio.png

Sanity v5: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/jz6ky.png

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions