Personal View site logo
Official GF2 hack development topic
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • @ssh

Yes, of course.

• @VK, awesome!!

• Whilst full manual controls for GF2 would be great - it would be useful just to be able to lock the ISO (to whatever the current stills iso setting is).

Then we can use flicker reduction for shutter speed and using a manual lens aperture would be manual too.

It's the varying iso that's the most annoying "feature".

• It's the varying iso that's the most annoying "feature".

Agreed. Locking the ISO would be sufficient.

• i wait for any changes... but main for me ISO and LIVE HDMI Out (for monitor)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev any timetable for manual settings?

• It is not development.

I made topic in this category:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/panasonic-cameras

Any unrelated next post here will be deleted and author banned.

• Any chance that GF2 can work with 3rd party batteries?

• @steve1811uk I think you only need a Panasonic battery to update the firmware. Otherwise, I think it is fine to use 3rd party batteries. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3rd party battery in GF2 does not work fully. The battery meter does not show on screen when using a 3rd party battery. Hoping that the firmwre hack can fix this.

• "I think you only need a Panasonic battery to update the firmware. Otherwise, I think it is fine to use 3rd party batteries. Please correct me if I'm wrong."

This is the experience I have had too. The battery meter does not show and firmware update is not available. Otherwise the 3rd party battery works ok.

• My point is that it would be great if the hack could enable the battery meter for 3rd party batteries.

• I believe the aftermarket batteries do not have the hardware in them to measure/report their battery level to the camera, so there's no way for a hack to change this.

• Just wondering... Where can I read all of the features that hacking the gf2 adds?

• One can do 2K on MJPEG? If so, what mode - is it VGA?

• 2K in MJPEG mode depends on the hack that you load. Best way to check is to download one of the files that are stable on the GF2, load it in PTools, and check the settings. When you select something like MJPEG vga horizontal, it will show you the original settings on the left and the new settings on the right in PTools. Look for horizontal pixel count of 2048 for the 2k settings.

• 2k by GF2 with eoshd hack modified

• @subco This should ask Vitality ... but if it's an upscaling, then it would not help even hack to 1080, I thought that the sensor is full frame pictures, and the codec on ​​which we act according to the crop parameter is set.

You should feel the difference between mjeg video, and photos in photo mode

p1010266.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 473K
  • hello everyone, I just bought a GF2 a little fast... so I've just seen the ISO's limitation so I'm f..... asking to myself if I wouldn't just return it to the seller... anyone knows if there's somewhere a new hack to control this limitation?

• I hacked my GF2 with EOSHD´s HBR patch a month ago. After that all movements/moving pans in the video footage that I shoot has gone heavily "twitching" - in every rec mode. Same thing when panning the camera or someone/somehting moving in the shot. A little less perhaps in Motion JPG. It shows both in view finder as well as in the final playback, in editor too. Same thing with "Cluster" patch.

I tried to install the original FirmWare, but the cam does not see it in the SD card. Tried all kinds of known tricks, but no luck. I also opened the original FW patch and savet it with Ptools without any modifications, still the same thing. As far as I can tell my GF2 is no good anymore for video work.

Anybody?

best, Jaskair

• I can post an example if needed. However if anyone knows "why" this has happened Im more than happy to hear suggestions...

• @jaskair " I shoot has gone heavily "twitching" - in every rec mode. Same thing when panning the camera or someone/somehting moving in the shot."

It has happened to me too, jaskair... expecially using long lens (50 and more, 100 equivalent) I've noticed this issue too...there are many videos online realized with gf2 where you can notice this problem..I think it is a problem of GF line, since I had the same problem with my GF1, while my GH1 never shows this problem..

• My GH2 is now hacked with the latest Ptool 3.65d. It has some important improvement now and a great thanks to Vitaliy Kiselev!

But still: 1. The GH2 HDMI out sends an inoperative video signal out which can't be used for external recordings with a Ninja 2. Yes ok it is 1080 50i but all sharp vertical lines seems to be brocken like only the half horizontal resolution comes out of the camera. Is this because Panasonic has placed a "hardware brake" which can't be hacked? 2. The focus assistant can't be used if a device is connected on the HDMI out. Can't be hacked? 3. The "AF/AE Hold" don't works during recording a video (what an idea of Panasonic...) Can't be hacked?

I would donate a lot if those points where fixed in a future hack.

• Thanx @ AlbertZ for filling in. I guess I have to live with that then. The law of trial and error. I have used mainly wide lenses, still the same problem with every lens.

Looking for a GF5 already. Propably not going to hack that after this experience.

I had some minor twitching with my GH2 on some version of a hack that I tweaked back and forth .. but with the FlowMotion 2.02 I have had no problems.

• @Jaskir, you can always go back to the original firmware by loading a PT made firmware with everything unchecked (or leaving only the checks you like like removing time and iso limits).