Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • Page 1 have Mysterion use Search at top of Page! Next time read Tread

• it's right here.

And pTools is where it always was.

https://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/ptool-software

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-30 um 15.09.10.png
    324 x 301 - 25K
  • where can I find 3.65d ptool and mysterion

• @magnus387 superb lens there. Those bricks look awesome as does the contrast.

• @SiNERGi No problems with the buttons either. This still looks geared to 24P more than 720, Sure would be nice if it was the other way. Maybe Cluster 2.

• @SiNERGi You did use the latest version of pTools, didn't You? The Shutter Button works well for me. I'm just not too sure about the deblocking. But it still needs a lot of looking at. Thanks a lot again for the hard work @driftwood !

• @mee I'm only there until June so just contact me if you want to Meet Me Mee.

• nearly every shot was done with the 562b manfrotto monopod. it was a run&gun job, so i decided to go for the monopod. shots done with the 300mm needed to be stabilzed in ae. i am not really satisfied with the result and hope there will be a good zoom like the usm, but there was no choice for me.

• @spiel77 Hey amazing job very interesting documentary also. Do you use a handle for your gh2 in handheld shots??

• @cinemon hey thx. i used some older fd lenses: 50/1,4; 24/2,8; vivitar 28-105/2,8; 100-300/5,6 and the standard pana 14-42. unfortunately i had no nd-filters, which would have made it a lot better. settings have been cinemaprofile (4*-2). All in all i captured about 14 hours in 7 days. the patch worked pretty well, since there have been only 5 total crashes of the camera (needed to pull accu out). there have been none other failures beside the total crashes. i used sandisk 64gb @45mbps. Never had a card-write failure error, but maybe the crashes are relatet to card-speeds?

• Got to play with Mysteron earlier today for a few moments, and so far it spans on the Sandisk 64gb/95mbps without any write errors (at least not yet for now), plus and it's playable via camera if under the 4GB but when it spans over the 4GB its not playable though... All modes worked for me... (Varible 80% in 24H mode/160/200/300, Cinema 24P, HBR, and Manual Mode) For some reason using the shutter button to start/stop can lockup the camera (pull battery out) but using the red dot button to start/stop video seems to work well without any lockup so far...

• I used to be shit scared of Captain Black the lead Mysteron agent in Captain Scarlet. It was my favourite show as a kid. I can still watch it now. I used to hide behind the sofa when he came on.

• It is not spanning on the Delkin 633x 16GB (95MB/s), but that is consistent with the newer high bitrate patches like Orion and Sedna.

• @xavieramelio I'm not sure how helpful ten minutes worth of playing is. BTW, it does span with my 95mb card but did not when I tried a 45mb. I'll spend a few hours tomorrow.

• @thepalalias, thank you for the info

• In a quick test (10 minutes) in 24P, 14-42 l3ns 800 ISO, it spans fine and the image is very good with fine grain. That's just a quick look without really peeking up it's skirt.

720 looks good even under the low light here at 1250 ISO. Bit rates are running a lot lower than Sedna. This is worth looking at.

• Here is my conspiracy theory, Mysteron refers to the Aliens in a British television show called "Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons" so maybe this is similar to the matrix the RED Scarlet uses. I should also note that all the other "Captains" in the show are named after colors as well so it is probably just about color, that is why it is "conspiracy theory".

• I see where Vitaliy posted that, I am just curious why Driftwood has entered in 1799 seconds which calculates to 29.98 mins when we all know that failed spanning happens at around 4mins so it would make more sense if he had entered 240sec.

• Record limit doesn't help spanning. It "gracefully" stops recording at a certain limit so your file will safely be made useable.

• Darned thing is taking a week to flash..

• Mysteron also has a different matrix than Sedna, my thoughts were that somehow the record limit would make the camera span, however 24H failed to span on my 30mbps 16gb Sandisk.

• Mysteron has the same "24H bitrate" as Sedna and Orion. The 50p is GOP 3 and 60p is GOP 6. Have not downloaded the footage yet.

• @klem007 first page of this thread, if you scroll down after driftwood's FAQ, you'll see the .ini patch to dowload, it's names mystic and you'll need Ptool 3.65

• Grr someone stop the radio silence around that mystic patch. I'm afraid that the BT and myst patch are a big prank from the vitaley guys :(

• ooh a deblocking table :) @driftwood Does this 'Recording Limit' force spanning at the time set, or just force it to stop recording gracefully ?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions