Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • This is going to change the game.
    Go VK!
  • Really outstanding Vitaly - I can feel your excitement. Hope this all goes smoothly so all the annoying Canon fanboys to go eat the peanuts out of my shit - LOL
  • @Vitaliy

We are here and ready to test whenever you are ready to give it to us. Thank you for everything you do.
  • "1084p24 42Mbps average bitrate in stream parser"

@ Vitaliy

Does it work in the 1080p 80% slomo feature too?
  • I do not understand all inner workings today, unfortunately.
    This thing have some internal checks and it smacks bitrate to 5.5Mbit/s if something is not right.
    About stability. This needs testing.
  • 1080p@24 in supernice bitrate is really all i want from this hack. w00t.
    I know it's been said many times before, but thanks so much for your work, and good luck with all coming!
  • Brilliant :) Is it stable?
  • impressive!
  • This looks great! well done.

But as a PAL user I would really like to know if a working/stable 1080 25p will be coming in the next release?
  • This is awesome vitaliy. I prefer smooth videos, so I´m glad, that I can now tweak the other modes, too.

• YEA! High bit rate 1080p sounds great. I still would like high bit rate 720p as well though. Is the high bit rate 1080p stable?
  • @stefanos

Even better. Looks like photo.

@Angry_C
    >What`s about the other modes 50i/60i, 25p/30p? Whats about the Bug "First shot 1080 to get stable 720p"?

I am more interested in 1080p24.
    But all the same settings exist for 720p and interlaced modes.
    I do not expect any problems also.

• Nice, but 24p Mode allready is very good in stock firmware.

What`s about the other modes 50i/60i, 25p/30p? Whats about the Bug "First shot 1080 to get stable 720p"?

• Is the actual image quality as good as the numbers suggest?(I'm picking my jaw off the floor:) this is my No.1 priority, very high 24p bitrate!!! don't care that much about 25p/720p/clean hdmi)
  • 1084p24 42Mbps average bitrate in stream parser:

Looks like MJPEG of very high quality. And 43Mbps is not top possible bitrate :-)
    stream44.png
    807 x 173 - 7K
  • @KrisCanonizado

I think that it mostly depends of our hoster as we are moving to VPS.
    And I want it to be working before PTool release as forum won't be working good otherwise.
  • "PTool 3.61D is coming soon"

@Vitaliy_Kiselev

how soon Vitaliy? Friday? the same day the we get to see the THE DARK KNIGHT RISES teaser?? because that would be the best day ever,
  • @dagobert

No, no plans for GF2.
  • Did the hack will be also available (already?) for gf2?
    very interesting job.
  • Wow, I'm as excited as a little child! Release is today?
  • no hints?:)
  • PTool 3.61D is coming soon.

With big breakthrought.
  • I just wanted to thank those guys who pointed out that turning off continuous AF allowed me to focus when i wanted with my AF lenses. So happy. And now the hack is released I watch with interest to see what is possible. You are a legend!!
  • I heard chinese resellers have loaded'em up.