Personal View site logo
Canon 5D Mark III topic
  • 240 Replies sorted by
  • Ok, the price is indeed 3.5K for the body according to some that have pre-ordered. There's no hate here. I'm a MkII user and never took it that way. I think we should critique them hard when you spend that kind of money.

• @vegandelight i hopw your right, but dont get your hopes up to high, seems like canon have be satisfied whit releasing rehashed models over and over for the past 3-4 years whit none big worth to mention things to the D range, other brands are now flying past them while Canon are stuck whit thir codes/codex and image prossing ano 2008. C300 was either nothing to rave about for the price.

• 5D Mark III is still a dslr and not a video camera like the C300.

I think there will be huge leap in iso etc. As a music photographer shooting in low light this will be a blessing. :)

• very courious for the new 5D but I have to admit I have no hope for a bang! C300 was announced with a big ballyhoo and did not fullfill this hoop-la. Maybe nice but not revolutionary and first of all way far to expensive, same with 1D X. Nikon seems to be ahead with DSRL for the first time since long time ago. Sorry Canon there is concern that disappointment won't be over soon.

• Exactly... and I also find it curious that it has AVI, H.264 MOV and MPEG-4 and RAW. So that are 5 different movie codecs on board... wonder if that's true. One thing you can bet on: they won't compete with the C300 and they won't compete with the upcoming 4k DSLR. So there will be major limitations on this baby.

• the list doesn't include jpg or tiff...

• Clearly pointing to raw stills... On a still camera.

• That list does contain RAW. It is not mentioned in the context of stills, but rather video format. If indeed it is true, that is a big leap forward for a lot of people.

• Yeah.....,I'm hoping for the best. At least clean hdmi-out, 1080/60, etc.

• @pvjames

Such late leaks that do not contain video details mean that it does not have anything unusual.

• They've had almost 4 years to update the most anticipated dSLR in history. I expect alot if its 3.5K. Will wait tomorrow for the complete 'details'.

• Don't forget mkv :-)

• File Formats – AVI, RAW, H.264, MOV, MPEG-4

I am sure they forgot DOC, XLS and also TXT

• The latest rumor specs http://www.canonrumors.com/

File Formats – AVI, RAW, H.264, MOV, MPEG-4

• Images from CR.

5D2_2.jpg
    500 x 666 - 113K
    5d3_1dx.jpg
    500 x 666 - 103K
    5D.jpg
    333 x 333 - 13K
  • Whoops, that makes too much sense!

• @SuperSet considering the MkII doesn't have a touch screen, I doubt it had touch focus ;)

• Thx, Keith. Did the MkII ever have touch focus like the GH2s?

• @SuperSet: Unless Canon has some kind of miracle breakthrough in technology (not to be completely ruled out, I suppose), I doubt the 5D3 will be able to continuous AF in live view like the GH2. More likely the improvements in AF are in the stills department... faster acquisition, faster and more accurate tracking, etc. for sports shooters and birders, many of whom were not satisfied with the relatively slow AF in the 5D2 (compared to 7D and 1D).

• Pricey. Maybe will wait for the GH3.

• When they mention 61pt AF, does this mean that the 5DMKIII will have continuous AF like the GH2?

• Sorry guys, but the 5DmarkIII will be like a fullframe 7D, with sd/cf slots. And 60p is only in 720p, like in the 7D. A little change in the body, but nothing different.

• This is, of course, pure speculation - everybody screams for a camera that doesn't do line skipping and aliasing/moire. Perhaps it just isn't possible to do that with a full frame sensor at the current state of the art. Overheating is certainly a problem. But, who knows...

• Whoa...yeah, i think that sales guy is off.

• @Vitaliy I am guessing he was referring to codec and bit depth.

@rockroadpix Yes, i agree. My first reaction to this news was the same. 5D-II has many shortcomings but the FF make it all worthwhile. I own many EF lenses and most of them are shorter than 50mm. I need Full Frame on Canon to continue shooting wide as i do !

The only hope i have is that this coming camera is not " THE " replacement for 5D-II. Perhaps this is the 7D-II and the CanonRumors got it wrong. Or my guy is full of CRA*&&%$%P.