Personal View site logo
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • @azza_act Dude that looks insane! Really good work.

I thought that Andrew George was Mark Ruffalo. They look identical!
  • Lol, me too.
  • thank you
  • After Effects + Time Warp slowed down to 5-8%
    Driftwood AQuarius
    20 1.7
    ISO approx 1000 - contributed to minimal banding (none visible on raw files)

• @Hallvalla Fuckin A! Love this stuff (and great music AphexTwin, yeah?)
  • Boards of Canada - need to add it to the description.

And, thanks!
  • oh yeah that Boards of Canada album is gr8

• Incredible trailer, perhaps the first full feature hacked gh2 movie.
  • @danyyyel
    They could have gotten away with saying this was another camera! (you know the one) - seriously some of the DR in this is amazing! This blows Mobius out of the water (now why couldn't they have made something more like this??)... Now all @VK has to do is have a press event for the launch of his newest PTools (to coincide with the 1.1 FW update) and show this at the event! It will bring the house down! :D
  • wow, that trailer is unbelievable...so damn good!
  • Vesubio, bravo! I pity the next person who posts sample footage. oh...

• Here is a short film not solely of my creation, but shot on my camera gear. GH2 running latest Driftwood high quality patches. Just a trailer, full film to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MU9TMnwknYI
  • This was shot using the Seaquake patch:

Hats off to all involved when it comes to the gh2 developments.
  • Here's a music video I shot this fall.

The image has a lot of resolution, but the 8 bit color depth and the restricted latitude can be a pain in the ass.
  • Hello.

Yesterday we had our first snowfall here in Hamburg. The day before i hacked my GH2 to 66Mbit. So it was obvious to go out and shoot to stress the codec. I also tested the 80% slow motion (what a versatile Camera!).

Vimeo produced much artefacts this time. For better quality feel free to download the original AVCHD file on Vimeo. The original .MTS-files look very clean.

Lenses: Voigtlander Nokton 25mm
    Lumix 14-140mm

Regards,

MD
  • @Nameless That was fantastic.
  • @Mark_the_Harp Thank you...Im really glad you enjoyed it
  • this was done with quantum v3, mjpeg mode, smooth -2, with minolta md lenses (28mm2.8 and 50mm1.7). It has been color graded. I just switched over from using a gf1 to a gh2. With the gf1 I shot in mjpeg mode with the 1920x720, 422 patch. I liked that patch because I never saw any banding, and very little rolling shutter. I did a couple of tests with the gh2 and it seemed like i got less rolling shutter with 1920x810 than either 1920x1080 30p or with 24p so I went with gh2 mjpeg 1920x810 and stretched it back to 1080 in premiere.

• @ehr

Looks great, very organic. Girl has great handles, too. ;)
  • thanks. yeah she can play.
  • My first tests with the hacked GH2. Thanks to the guys braking the frontiers to better quality of the patch development.

• Very nice video here

• Shot this with Quantum V.5

Feel free to leave any comment as i'm trying to get better with this video work.
  • I've been learning After Effects for the first time over the holidays. I'm amazed at the power of this software.

Shot unhacked earlier last year.