Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • @azza_act Dude that looks insane! Really good work.

I thought that Andrew George was Mark Ruffalo. They look identical!
  • Lol, me too.
  • thank you
  • After Effects + Time Warp slowed down to 5-8%
    Driftwood AQuarius
    20 1.7
    ISO approx 1000 - contributed to minimal banding (none visible on raw files)

• @Hallvalla Fuckin A! Love this stuff (and great music AphexTwin, yeah?)
  • Boards of Canada - need to add it to the description.

And, thanks!
  • oh yeah that Boards of Canada album is gr8

• Incredible trailer, perhaps the first full feature hacked gh2 movie.
  • @danyyyel
    They could have gotten away with saying this was another camera! (you know the one) - seriously some of the DR in this is amazing! This blows Mobius out of the water (now why couldn't they have made something more like this??)... Now all @VK has to do is have a press event for the launch of his newest PTools (to coincide with the 1.1 FW update) and show this at the event! It will bring the house down! :D
  • wow, that trailer is unbelievable...so damn good!
  • Vesubio, bravo! I pity the next person who posts sample footage. oh...

• Here is a short film not solely of my creation, but shot on my camera gear. GH2 running latest Driftwood high quality patches. Just a trailer, full film to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MU9TMnwknYI
  • This was shot using the Seaquake patch:

Hats off to all involved when it comes to the gh2 developments.
  • Here's a music video I shot this fall.

The image has a lot of resolution, but the 8 bit color depth and the restricted latitude can be a pain in the ass.
  • Hello.

Yesterday we had our first snowfall here in Hamburg. The day before i hacked my GH2 to 66Mbit. So it was obvious to go out and shoot to stress the codec. I also tested the 80% slow motion (what a versatile Camera!).

Vimeo produced much artefacts this time. For better quality feel free to download the original AVCHD file on Vimeo. The original .MTS-files look very clean.

Lenses: Voigtlander Nokton 25mm
    Lumix 14-140mm

Regards,

MD
  • @Nameless That was fantastic.
  • @Mark_the_Harp Thank you...Im really glad you enjoyed it
  • this was done with quantum v3, mjpeg mode, smooth -2, with minolta md lenses (28mm2.8 and 50mm1.7). It has been color graded. I just switched over from using a gf1 to a gh2. With the gf1 I shot in mjpeg mode with the 1920x720, 422 patch. I liked that patch because I never saw any banding, and very little rolling shutter. I did a couple of tests with the gh2 and it seemed like i got less rolling shutter with 1920x810 than either 1920x1080 30p or with 24p so I went with gh2 mjpeg 1920x810 and stretched it back to 1080 in premiere.

• @ehr

Looks great, very organic. Girl has great handles, too. ;)
  • thanks. yeah she can play.
  • My first tests with the hacked GH2. Thanks to the guys braking the frontiers to better quality of the patch development.

• Very nice video here

• Shot this with Quantum V.5

Feel free to leave any comment as i'm trying to get better with this video work.
  • I've been learning After Effects for the first time over the holidays. I'm amazed at the power of this software.

Shot unhacked earlier last year.