Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @shamb I have the same Tiffen filter and I've noticed that it gets a lot softer the more the light hits the lens, and with the aliasing that I've gotten with the GH2 lately, softening is god send oddly enough!

• Another Moms clip.. Had a few card errors (I still have the 45MB/s Sandisk cards) in SH mode with the Panny 45-200 zooming in and recording. Other than that, smooth as ever.

• @paulo. Nope, thats the biggest issue with the GH2 IMO - color and contrast is far too 'baked in' out-of-camera

A Tiffen low contrast 3 filter works wonders for AVCHD (and the GH2 in particular): not only does it reduce contrast, it does this by lifting the blacks so you are far less likely to see macro blocking. For the GH2, it can also remove some of the bad effects of over-sharpness and roll-off the highlights (to give you a more analog feel). Have a look at http://howgreenisyourgarden.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/dslr-video-lens-filters-for-video/ Scroll down to the section 'Low Contrast filter' as the first bit talks about variable ND filters, which I assume everyone here knows about :)

The example video is LX7 AVCHD, 28Mbit/s, so the main reason to use a Low contrast filter for that camera is avoiding macro blocking (because of the reduced bandwidth). For the GH2 its more about getting your out-of-camera footage flatter by lifting the blacks, rolling off the highs and reducing the digital sharpness a bit.

I generally shoot DSLR video with both a variable ND and LC3 on the lens.

HTH

• I love the 'video look' that Samsung have managed to achieve with this phone. Looks nothing like the horrible 'pretend' cinema look my GH2 produces with Moon T7. lol

• @andy68: The newest target: Galaxy Note Patch for GH2, hehe.

Joke or not, the look Galaxy Note gives is much more cinematic and authentic look than GH2 ever. Not because of 4k, of course...

• SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE VIDEO TEST 4K!

• Hi guys any kind or any patch to increase color latitude (or at least decrease contrast) on GH2? Thanks!!!

• Here is some MMM on 1080i and some HBR slowed down using Moon T7

• The Mitra Babak Show. Sorry its in Farsi, but was all filmed with a GH2 Moon T7

• @raf702 The 32 GB cards don't span. Pick up the 64 GB Extreme version, and you'll be fine.

• @raf702 there's definitely a difference but 24l is still better than most hacks quality wise like sanity etc.i I LOVE moont7 24h when i see footage i shot with sanity compared to moon its RIDICULOUS THE IMPROVEMENT

• How much of a difference is there in image quality between Moon-T7 24H and 24L? On paper 24H is better, but in real world situations and through our eyes. Is there a visible difference? Cause in 24H, I can only record up to 4-mins continuous before it stops.

And I'm using a SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-1 by the way. So I'm hoping if I switch to 24L I'll have a longer continuous recording time. But if image quality is a sacrifice by going 24L, then I'll just deal with it, and stick to 24H.

What do you guys think?

• @tatzu, good, I have the 14mm.

• @Manu4Vendetta i used the 14-140 and the 14mm f2.5 both panasonic lenses.

• @x_worpig_x Don't mention it :)

• @tatzu, what lenses? very nice footage.

• @Garner Super informative. Thank you!

• @doctor: totally agree.

@driftwood: hope I didn't come off as demanding, I'm just impatient, because your hard work rocks!

• I flashed Nebula T7 and did a 30 mins test. It spans on a 32Gb Toshiba EXCERIA™ TypeHD (Write 30MBs) at HBR and 720 60P. It failed to span on Sandisk Extreme Ultra 32Gb.

I will buy a 64Gb EXCERIA™ Type2 (Write 60MB) and test.

• "moon T8 needs a few days on HBR. Sorry. So busy still. Hopefully next week I will release."

Thank you for all of your hard work. You have nothing to apologize for. We should be apologizing for being demanding. You have given a lot of time to your work and charged nothing for it.

• All Shot On MoonT7

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters