Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @abolit Yep, I've had luck with Clip Wrap rewrapping the MTS file into a ProRes 442H MOV file. Just hated having to create/duplicate yet another huge file on my hard drive so I've continued with the private folder drag and drop method.

• @Jim_Simon have to beg to differ about sports photography. I use 720p 50 and shoot my kids Aussie rules team which has a lot of movement. Usually shoot with a shutter at 200 to give a crisp look to slomo when the 50p is dumped to a 25p timeline. And it looks great. Use the 100-300mm panasonic lense on a tripod with a fluid head. Recently updated to Drewnet 9 and the image quality is stunning.

• @maddog15 I wonder if its the extra power or extra ram or combo of both, I'm only using 8 gigs. @abolit I'll try some tests with clipwrap too.

• ...which to my mind is the only legitimate reason for NOT using 24p.

That's because you don't know what you're doing.

• @jim_simon

@rsquires is right, and then if you throw twixtor in the mix to footage shot with proper slow mo settings, it looks as good as it needs to.

• What i can say about M7. I have FD lens skandisk 64 95mb extreme pro. M7 flows perfectly, i can play files in camera. I have edited a job in CS6 no problems at all, a bit slower, so i reduced to 1/4 the playback resolution, but everything ok. I recorded an interview and about 3 min the cam spanned and created another file. The only issue that i saw was that when i joined the two files in premiere it seems like it was a couple of frames missing, so it wasnt absolutely continous playback. the audio was pefect because it was recorded with an external device. The image is fantastic, really amazing. i will not change the hack unless something better comes arround. Thanks!

• Can someone tell me why use 24p when shooting for screens? I shot on a C300 at 24p and made my final render to 23.976p when submitting to festivals or 25p if sent to Europe. If played on digital projectors and computer screens, should I have stayed at 24p? By the way, there was once and a while a frame adjustment needed when placing the picture and audio on a 23.976p timeline after editing on a 24p timeline. Somewhat of a nuisance but not too terrible that couldn't be fixed.

• hi i'm new here and just testet MoonT7e and MoonT5 in 80% 24H mode on a sandisk 95mb/s 16gb card. with T7 it stopped after a few seconds, with T5 i was able to record more than 2 minutes until it also stopped because of card write speed. does moon T5 80% H24 work on the sandisk 64gb card? if not, what patch would you recommend as a good allround setting for 24p (i shoot all in 24p) where i would also be able to use the 24H 80% slowmotion? (i remember someone suggested to use 24L in the 80% mode, maybe i dont get something but i wonder what sense it would make to use these super quality driftwoood patches if i go down to 24L anyway?)

• @binpunkt even if you use 24L mode with @driftwood patches you get the best IQ and quantization and don't forget that these are trial settings and should be used with caution for paid job or what ever. and also cluster X series have not reach its compilation as we are still testing them. hard work and patience pays at the end of the day.

• @binpunkt, you should go back to stock firmware if you want 100% working camera.

• thanks for replies, and true, even in 24L moonT5 looks really nice and no problem in 80% mode

• @BurnetRhoades

"That's because you don't know what you're doing."

Very probably. :)

• @rsquires.

For me it's an ergonomic thing. While the camera itself may well work just fine shooting sports, I personally would hate using it for such. A servo zoom with a pan remote is pretty much a "must have" when I shoot sports.

• For anyone using Premiere Pro, the proscribed method of import is to copy the entire PRIVATE folder to the hard drive and use the Media Browser inside of Premiere Pro for importing. There can be issues when importing solid state media any other way.

• @Jim_Simon I can't see why that should make any difference, I usually only copy the stream folder to the HD when doing data dumps from the camera... how could those extra file folders possibly help?

• It helps PPro to string spanned clips together.

• I must say...I am extremely impressed with the quality of Moon T7. Only problem is twice my recording froze. Had to remove battery to reset camera. Stopped recording at 2:02 minutes and 3:01. Both cases the recorded file was not watchable. Would get an error when trying to open or copy and paste. Is this because of no spanning or because my card is only 45MB/S?

• *** Update News ****

Spizz T6 Released on page 1

Perhaps alarmingly experimental Spizz T6 seems pretty darn good on all modes. Check it out on page 1. Days and days of research have gone into this, indeed chucking out loads of great looking (but unstable iA/iDynamic) settings for a more secure & reliable final T6, this is the culmination of some serious hard work by myself, @bkmcwd and @towi.

T6 tries to be a safe implementation of the GOP3 consuming bitrate according to the picture detail it works very well and a very healthy low QP. Spizz T7 will push some of these new ideas to the extreme.

Spizz T6 Spanning Info so far

• 1080p24 Spans

• 1080i50/HBR25p Spans

• 720p50 Spans

More to check…

We hope you like it. Roll on T7! :-)

• @driftwood In the description for moon T7, it states that "iDynamic mode on 24p best on Low." Does this mean it's better to set it on low compared to off?

• @cbm32221 It means if u are a user of iDynamic set it low. If you don't use iDynamic then it'll be either switched off already or you can turn it off. iDynamic > Low is not tested.

• Really enjoy the way Moon T7 grades. Beautiful. Thank you Nick.

• I've tested iDynamic in High with Moon Trial 7 and had no issues with it.

• Hello, soon I will make a short film with the moon t7, I have a sd 32 mb and busy recording is paused, I would like to buy one for longer worried for a while, what sd do you recommend?

• @david1313

Only use the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 MB card with 95 MB/s specs. Very pricey, but the most reliable.

I've tried the SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 MB / 95 card and it works fine so far on Moon 7 with in-camera playback too. The only problem is the ~10 minute recording time.

• Spizz T6 'final'. 720P 1080i PAL '45'x32Gb sandisk 14-140 pana lens. Records & plays back in camera provided clip is short. ie not spanning. If spanning only 2x 4Gb files recorded before recording stops.File OK in NLE but will not play back in camera.

Repeated this test with previous release of T6. Manually halted recording after 25 minutes. File played back in camera and NLE shows 4 spanned files.

Pretty confident latest T6 would be fine on '95'x 64GB disk.

@ driftwood. Many thanks for your excellent work

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters