Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • T7 noise / grain looks very amazing. I'm a huge fan of the kind of patern it forms. Plus it is very well distributed accross the whole image making the denoise (if necessary) goes very smooth while it maintains details.

• Moon t7 :)24L.

• SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 TEST 4K:)

• @andy68

Does this video have anything to do with Cluster X Series? Maybe you are posting it in the wrong forum or wrong thread? I don't understand why you are posting this in this thread.

• Still getting nice results with 'apocolypse now' series of hacks! Here's a video I shot on holiday using one ;)

• To me, a little camera support would be nice, that was very shaky.

@driftwood: where's Moon T8?

• I was also wondering about moon T8

• I haven't been using the gh2 for awhile. However, I recently had a shoot where some equipment didn't arrive in time, so I used my gh2 as backup. After getting back into the edit with the gh2 moon t7 footage, I was amazed. The grain on this patch is just class. Love it. It made me curious about the gh3 and the latest gh4's look. For those that are using both, how does it compare to the gh2 patch's for feel and vibe?

• moon T8 needs a few days on HBR. Sorry. So busy still. Hopefully next week I will release.

• Guys regarding the GH2 (hacked) vs GH3 debate - here is my 2c from using a hacked GH2 for about 2 years and about 1 year with the GH3.

GH2

+Sharper EVF +More detail in the image even vs the higher bit rates on GH3 +Low light is better in someways as the noise looks like film grain -Hack can crash camera, stops recording - horrible buttons and ergonomics

GH3

+Works with crappy SD cards - didn't need to pay $200 for an SD card but prices are lower now +Skin tones are better +Think dynamic range is better +Just works - good on commercial shoots +Better photos / stills +Weather proof +buttons ergo comics are much better

My number one gripe with the GH3 is the crap crap EVF and the inability for my to pull a focus in run and gun situation! Also the focus magnifications can't be used after you press record!

I can't wait to get my GH4 with focus assist (wow theirs a concept) of and if anyone wants to buy a GH3 for $800 :) .........(Just shot a piece with my GH3 and a buddy used his t2i (hacked) and I was impressed with this $400 camera's image so that's another option but no EVF but he managed to focus the thing OK.)

• All Shot On MoonT7

• "moon T8 needs a few days on HBR. Sorry. So busy still. Hopefully next week I will release."

Thank you for all of your hard work. You have nothing to apologize for. We should be apologizing for being demanding. You have given a lot of time to your work and charged nothing for it.

• I flashed Nebula T7 and did a 30 mins test. It spans on a 32Gb Toshiba EXCERIA™ TypeHD (Write 30MBs) at HBR and 720 60P. It failed to span on Sandisk Extreme Ultra 32Gb.

I will buy a 64Gb EXCERIA™ Type2 (Write 60MB) and test.

• @doctor: totally agree.

@driftwood: hope I didn't come off as demanding, I'm just impatient, because your hard work rocks!

• @Garner Super informative. Thank you!

• @tatzu, what lenses? very nice footage.

• @x_worpig_x Don't mention it :)

• @Manu4Vendetta i used the 14-140 and the 14mm f2.5 both panasonic lenses.

• @tatzu, good, I have the 14mm.

• How much of a difference is there in image quality between Moon-T7 24H and 24L? On paper 24H is better, but in real world situations and through our eyes. Is there a visible difference? Cause in 24H, I can only record up to 4-mins continuous before it stops.

And I'm using a SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-1 by the way. So I'm hoping if I switch to 24L I'll have a longer continuous recording time. But if image quality is a sacrifice by going 24L, then I'll just deal with it, and stick to 24H.

What do you guys think?

• @raf702 there's definitely a difference but 24l is still better than most hacks quality wise like sanity etc.i I LOVE moont7 24h when i see footage i shot with sanity compared to moon its RIDICULOUS THE IMPROVEMENT

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters