Personal View site logo
Official GF2 hack development topic
  • 227 Replies sorted by
  • Any news on enabling Manual settings mode ?

• @subco thank's for the answer, sorry for the late... you understood what I meant, sorry it's my first camera... When you said "there are ways around this without having to use manual lenses." are you speaking about the shutter control or about patchs? When you're talking about the 1080i are you sure it's upscaled? what are your sources? you're not just talking about the 540 lines by frames, normals to make 1080 interlaced lines by doubled frames? (sorry if my english isnt' perfect, I'm french...).

• Hellow, I'm new in this forum, writing from Barcelona. I've got a GH2 and GF2 working perfectly with Sedna. I bought GH2 knowing all the advantages, but I accepted some risk a week ago with the GF2. Here in Barcelona we're waiting for a tax rise up next Sept 1th, and I bet by an investment in a 299€ GF2 (nice price here in the city, but near to expensive for most of you in the dollar countries). http://www.casanovafoto.com (search for GF2).

Ok. Once presented, I'm going to be another pain in the ass for Vitaly. Forgive me: What about the development of GF2's video "manual controls"?... is there any option to have some news for the end of this 2012?...

I have been doing tests, and I think that we can "be ok" with a AE lock for Aperture Priority mode + flicker 1/50 mode. More simple: to fix the preview setting in that mode trough the moment the rec button is pressed.

Sorry for my weird english and congratulations to you all, people.

Tks, Vitaly. You're making the dream of great cheap cameras be real for a lot of budget film-makers.

Salut

• Oh, my god, what a bad starting: Tks, Vitaliy ;)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Risking to be banned :) Is there somewhere some statement about GF2 manual settings? I saw this message:

It is not development. I made topic in this category: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/panasonic-cameras Any unrelated next post here will be deleted and author banned.

Then I went in that category and on GF2 discussion topic I found a request for Manual settings with this reply:

Check this topics - http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hack-development

Which brings me here again because I did not find topics on manual settings.

Am I missing something or it's a short circuit between threads :)

Thank you in advance

• I am an European user, are there mjpeg 720p 25fps patches on gf2/gf3? or 720p is only 30fps?

• Is it possible to enable analog video output while recording video on GF2? If you start recording a video, output shows only black. Would be very nice to have a preview on an external screen.

More Details: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5372/panasonic-gf2-video-output-during-recording

• Has the hack been posted? If so, where?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Hi I am new to this forum. Thank you so much for hacking the firmwares for GH1 and GF2!

I have a small hack request for the GF2 if you have any time left on your hands to do so...

Is it possible to add to the camera menu, an option to disable the flash completely?

Reasons: 1. Can't close camera flash underwater to disable flash 2. People who's camera flash popups wont close anymore..

If you think it is possible, I would be happy to donate more for your time and efforts :)

Thanks!

• Gf2 has sort of l full manual controls. Lock the shutter speed and then change your iso value to the explosure wheel. Then the camera dont change explosure. I tested this on latest firmware update and latest ptools. It is possible to change iso value between 100 and 1600. But with the legacy mft lens, it start to stop it down little bit.

• @Oswald Very interesting..so using old legacy lens on GF2 you are able to shoot in manual mode! It is a latest ptools improvement?

• @AlbertZ Earlier video is taken with olympus 14-42mm lens. Here is other test, it is taken with old centom Om mount 28-200 f4-5.6 lens.

• Good news, thanks @Oswald :)

• Could you explain how to change from exposure to ISO on the wheel? If that is what you meant. Thanks!

• Clean Low Light now is possible!! Fast lens are necessary. In this clip: Vintage Canon FD 50mm f1.8, 1080i AVCHD, Mode P, flickering reduction 1/50,-2 EV on the weel HACK: Cluster X Series: 1 GOP Intra 'Moon' Trial 5. ISO isn't lock, but remain low if there are lights in the frame.

• good footage :)

• The same evening...

• i amatuer, and i try hack panasonic GF2 i read,watch more website tutorial hack.but i dont understand ( english my bad, and dont have tutorial for GF2 )

pls help me tutorial hack

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Maybe you already know ... but I noticed on my GF2, but also on the GH2, that in QVGA MJPG mode the codec is 4.2.2 Planar YUV full scale (VLC-Tools-Info Codec). It would be great if a new version of PTOOL could operate on QVGA.

• @Vitality_Kiselev I have a GF3 and I think it only work with Ptool3.65d. I tried Ptool3.66d and it does not work. Where I can get 3.65d? Thank you so much

• I have a GF3 and I think it only work with Ptool3.65d. I tried Ptool3.66d and it does not work. Where I can get 3.65d?

You are doing something wrong. latest version works ok.

• Hi, is there any hack for better focusing using manual focus legacy lenses? Does anybody knows if the "olympus fake peaking method" (using some kind of art filters shouting in raw) is somehow applicable to gf2?

• No, just go and buy any camera with peaking on sale, it is cheap.

• I have a problem with the Ptool 3.66 because cant load the firmware. I follow all this instructions:

Place ptool3.zip and .GH1__V13.zip. inside one folder Extract both archives and delete zip files Now you must have two files - ptool3.exe and GH1___132.BIN Run ptool3.exe, check help hints or FAQ and manual threads.

Buth the files i downloaded doesnt appear. Any solution?

GF2.jpg
    953 x 507 - 64K
    GF22.jpg
    1024 x 600 - 92K
  • @danielrispa

I think topic is not the right one. :-)

I do not see firmware at all.