Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • I just finished my sci fi short filmed using the GH3. I only had 3 months to finish for a contest so it's not the best quality at times. This is the first time I did not use the flattest setting in a camera and I so regret it. It was to saturated and contrasts at times and their is moire here and their. And I will definitely use a lens hood next time because I had bad flaring at times witch made color grading difficult in some shots. I used the pan 20mm and Olympus 45mm. Clandestine

• Would the timing of it be right though? It might not be exactly 24 fps, more or less or having variations in the speed of frames and your sound is out.

• I just got the gh3 and so far i love it. One thing that peaked my interest is the fact that it can shoot 20 photos a second at over 3K resolution (I think). I don't have any experience with the hacks for previous cameras, but it would be awesome if that jpeg burst mode could do 24fps and give us ultra HD image sequences.

• A short Ad that I shot with the GH3 and Voigtlander 25mm.

• Review on the GH3, couldn't find it on personal view via search so thought i posted it here:

http://anderson-images.com/gh3-extended-tele-converter-changing-composition/

• there is 29.59m in left bottom corner if it limited or more if its not. No testing requiter. Mine is limited even after main board replacement :(

• @feha Hmm, the guy said he had the limit for the two other modes though. I'll do some testing tomorrow on mine myself.

• @larsarus , my GH3 has the limit even in MOV mode ... I think PAL GH3 outside EU (Australia) don't have that time limit.

• PAL GH3s do not have the 30-min limit in mov mode (1080p 25 at least), only in mp4 and avchd. I have not verified it, just relaying the info.

• Had anyone noticed the GH3's vari angle screen is a PenTile display? I looked at it with a handheld microscope and I saw the same subpixel arranement as recent Samsung smartphones with AMOLED screens. This probably why the panel isn't 900k+ dots.

• Hey guys, anyone able to determine if the I-dynamic setting (not high dynamic) has any affect during video? I have been testing it myself and haven't noticed anything different according to my eye. The affect on dynamic range during video from High Dynamic mode on the other hand is pretty obvious. I am only exploring the I-dynamic feature at this point because you can apparently use it in manual movie mode (unlike high dynamic!). Thanks!

• Hi all ! What's up about GH3 Hack ? Time is passing with the new firmware and no concrete new :-(

• @ldbonilla

Move video to separate topic in Showcase and make discussion about it in this toopic, please.

• CS6 Suite

• what program for editing ?

• Yeah, most of them, almost all the fighting ones. Like Captain America and Cammy were directed, others improvised, like the Sword Art Online Girls and the Morrigan and Lilith scenes. The Bioshock cosplayers came up with that sequence all by themselves, I just told them to get in character and stage something together, that's what they came up with. And others were good by themselves, like the Samurai, I gave them a general idea and asked them to improvise based on that. I think they have some sword training, those looked like pretty effective movements.

• That is pretty nice edit Idbonilla! Did you ask those cosplayers do to some move for you?

• Check out my new cosplay video. Recorded with GH3, IPB 1080p 60p custom (flat) style -5-5-2-5 with 14-140mm HD vario and 20mm lumix lens. Graded. Using my new speed-jump editing technique.

• I couldn't care less for what dpreview says, or how they rate. I know this: I can carry the gh3, extra battery and 3 lenses (covering a huge range and low light situations) and still have less weigh I was used to with my full-frame and 1 zoom pro lens. If I was to cover the same range and low light situations the weigh would more than double... another story is the PHOTO quality and headroom.

• We waited so long for this GOLD AWARD CAMERA at dpreview!!!!!

• " And, of course, it also has to stand up to its Micro Four Thirds peers, such as the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and it simply doesn't have the JPEGs or outright charisma to do that, either." (c) dpreview

This comment made me laugh. How dpreview can evaluate a camera on a "charisma"? And who is not serious enough to use "jpeg" if they want to have the best quality ?

I do not understand why they care so much about jpeg... Raw should be used, unless you have a crap SD card/ you are using creative modes...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, I agree that is probably why Panasonic decided to go ahead and increase the size for the GH3. I bet their research showed that GH2 buyers really didn't care about small size at all. Like you said GF and LX is what they'll buy if it's about smaller size. I think media is still stuck on that ideal of smaller DSLR tho. Maybe Canon bought into it too with their new smaller EOS SL1 DSLR. Don't get that one at all. Who is that camera for really? GH3 is better with a bit more size for better grip and more buttons.

• I think that many reviewers come at it from the view that one of the strong points was higher quality than and functionality than most compacts, but smaller than most DSLR. I agree with you that it's more comfortable and ergonomic to have the camera be a bit bigger, but I think they were only speaking from the view of the original purpose of the m4/3 design. Nearly full featured but small.

Whole size thing is very overrated. I can understand it with GF series and LX7.

But their top model must have size that you can comfortably hold. I could require some extra payment to media so they'll find it "amazing" and "still very small, almost like old size" :-)