Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @HillTop1

It is not really a problem, as all good hi res monitor offer peaking and zebra.

• This excuse is such bullshit... three-year-old Canon's and Sony's priced at half the GH3's MSRP (and even less now) can run peaking (and zebras at the same time on the Canons), but the GH3 can't?

Not everyone has the money/space/time when shooting to use a monitor. Particularly those who went with m4/3 for space/weight and cost reasons.

• This excuse is such bullshit... three-year-old Canon's and Sony's priced at half the GH3's MSRP (and even less now) can run peaking (and zebras at the same time on the Canons), but the GH3 can't?

It is not. It is absolutely normal excuse. Despite it we could see fuch firmware update. As it is highly competitive market, so it can be truth or half truth.

• there is no excuse for this.... GH3 is a very high end machine ! And it SHOULD have this feature.

I dont want an external monitor for this simple thing.

• there is no excuse for this.... GH3 is a very high end machine ! And it SHOULD have this feature.

No one should do anything for you. It is how life works. Bunch of compromisses.

• come on Vitaliy …. there is no need to apologize for them.

They know they are wrong, but i am not sure if they WANT to do something about it. If they say " 90% of people ask for FP " , they SHOULD add it ….at least with a firmware update.

If they don't , they simply ignore what "90% of their customer wants "!

• @WalterH

Good idea to post this links :-)

• Probably you aren't in the 90% of the users... its ok.

• Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone has cut together GH3 Footage, or maybe GH2, with the Canon C100. Is it possible to get them to match successfully?

• Looking for some help here. Anybody know if there is a way round swapping out lenses on the GH3 and keeping it recording to keep multiple cameras in sync? Am I right in saying that panasonic branded lenses or any other ones that make electrical contact will not allow this?

Every time the lens is taken off the camera stops recording.

• Don't know about live swapping lenses, but you can set up your time code in such a way that you can maintain a continuous time record which should take care of the problem.

• Not when syncing with a gh2!

• Well ... there's that!

Here's an idea, if your rig isn't too cumbersome: change lenses, restart the GH3, and shoot a couple of the seconds of the GH3's monitor with the GH2.

• I ordered mine at www.cameranu.nl Have to shoot a videoclip next week, zo hopefully I'll recieve the GH3 very quicky (it was in stock, so I should be here in a few days) So what are the best settings they say? the 50mbit long gop is better than the All I 72 mbit?

• Hi guys,

Imaging resource just posted conclusive samples with GH3, man can always compare them with the other cameras with image comparometer:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-gh3/panasonic-gh3A7.HTM

Best Regards

• I examined the samples from IR myself and the jpg quality until ISO 1600 is very good, but after that there are to many sharpening artifacts in the image. I don't understand how Panasonic was not able to get at least the quality of OMD 5 at high ISO, but that's it, for stills I will use RAW anyway.

The good news is that if you look at the test charts you will discover that the lines are very pleasing, no sign of moire, and they have a very smooth gradation.

I also compared the house image with other cameras and GH3 has a huge DR, especially in the shadows, and that picture was taken with normal profile, I can only imagine how flat is with the neutral seating.

My GH3's will arrive next week, and I will do proper testing...

• so the GH3 is amazing for grading! :O i just decided to see how flexible it is, so i popped it in FCP and Color, then BAM!! sooooo much room for grading!! :O its ridiculous!! I MUST TEST MORE!!!

before.jpg
    1413 x 795 - 226K
    After.jpg
    1413 x 795 - 228K
  • As DXO Mark sad, Gh3 is a little bit worse than Nikon D7000, and a little bit better than D300s. I tested the raw files myself in Lightroom 4 and I wold put it exactly between those two for still image quality. I'm talking about raw image quality. For the moment I don't like the jpg high ISO rendering of GH3.

This is pretty good for a small sensor like this. Man can have an exceptionally video tool with decent photo capabilities.

• Tomorrow I'm gonne shoot a music video with my GH3. I have the 12-35mm lens, 25mm f0,95 nokton, 58mm f 1,4 nokton. I gonne use 1080P50 50mbit so I can use a lot slo mo's in post production. If the edit is ready I export it in 1080P25.

• Thank you @Eno!! :D

• GH3 vs E-PM2 vs E-M5

GH2vsOLys.jpg
    640 x 340 - 69K
  • I found this test between Gh3 an Nikon D5200 on the internet:

But the guy didn't specify the settings used on the cameras.