Personal View site logo
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • Old Rig

------------

Lanparte new rig

Bestseller rig, now with modified base and new handles. I think, best on the market now in this price range:

Available at:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/810/special-deals-complete-rigs-and-rig-parts
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • This sound like a good deal that I could jump in.
  • Interested.
  • I'd be interested if there was no c shape bracket and there was a counterweight
  • @stefanos

I suggest you to buy counterweight at ebay and attach it to rods :-)
  • Can we buy separately? I only need D and C.
  • >Can we buy separately? I only need D and C.

Nope, but you can sell later that you do not want. For good profit, if you like.
  • I'd be interested.

Questions:

(1) What diameter are the rods?

(2) What material are the rods made from?

(3) Do you know if the materials are free of lead paint and other toxins?

(4) How long will shipping take, once we place the order?

Thanks!
  • >Questions:

Most of them strange :-)

>(1) What diameter are the rods?

15mm, of course.

>(2) What material are the rods made from?

Alu.

(3) Do you know if the materials are free of lead paint and other toxins?

:-)
    You are buying rig your kids :-) ?
    My understanding is that this is anodized alu.

(4) How long will shipping take, once we place the order?

It depends on your post and your location.

And remember that this is potential deal, and I am not the seller.

• That's a REALLY good deal these rigs look nice and I think the cheapest I have seen with all ABCDE is $799...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220824597817?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  • Definitely interested.
  • Me too...but I don't get paid til next Friday :(
  • No enough money yet, but i will pay for it.
    Same with the mattebox, nice products.
  • Definitely interested, but no money tell next month. and as xenogears I am interested on the Mattebox too
  • I already have the main part of this rig (did my own "special deal" since I was buying FF and other stuff). But...if someone buys this rig and doesn't need the Handle/C bracket I can/might buy from them (send PM).

I can say that the build quality is excellent for all the components in this rig. The other intelligent thing they've done (unlike the Indians) is to make the base plate exactly the same size as a Manfrotto so it's interchangeable.
  • I think you need an off set bar for this setup. Otherwise you can't place you eye on the viewfinder.
  • Yes that's true...and the TrusMT VF is perfect (just need to drill 2 holes in the rig's base-plate).

Alternatively can leave camera as-is but swing out the LCD finder and attach a lightweight plastic VF available on Ebay.
  • Is this also a TrusMT product?
    If I get the C-shape support and the top handle, I'll have 5 different color of knobs on my rig....Redrock(blue), Gini (red), Ikan (yellow), Jag35(orange)...and this is green? Can't they just all stick to BLACK?
  • It's not TrusMT...it's...LanParTe (LPT). I guess the naming means something to whoever thought of it.

The Chinese have come a long way in naming their products (gone are the days of "Seagull" and "Passing Wind")...but they are still a bit clueless.
  • I think that Lanparte also make lots of other nice things as well-- any chance to add in a matte box? http://dgqiying.en.alibaba.com/productshowimg/476698064-210813323/lanparte_matte_box_side_open_5d2_7d_60d_gh1_gh2_kit_rig_follow_focus.html

(or ff?)

Cheers,
    Al
  • @alcomposer

MB is not very interesting. It is the same as in many chinese firms.
    TrusMT or Cinematics are both better options.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Cool- so this is the best of all worlds!
  • i'm interested! my student loan doesn't come in for another two weeks though D=
  • @alcomposer

"I think that Lanparte also make lots of other nice things as well"

The LPT follow focus is the best Chinese made one available on Ebay....and the gears are reversible with absolutely NO SLIPPAGE.

They sell it as an OEM to Genus...who then sell it for over $600. It's actually a lot better than a couple of $1500 Croziel units I saw recently at a local Pro video store.

As part of a "deal" it's price is a bargain (around $270 or so) for the quality item it is ...

• Looks very nice for the price! I've some questions:
    - I don't quite understand the C shape support design. What is the turning nob for? To me it looks like the "C" can be opened, if so why?
    - I miss more mounting holes on the C shape support for H4n/DR100 and a senheiser wireless. Looks like it's one hot shoe hole on one spot, maybe that will do for the H4n/DR100.. But how do I attach a H4N to a hot shoe hole?
    I plan to mount a EVF to the top rods, and maybe a light.

• >- I don't quite understand the C shape support design. What is the turning nob for? To me it looks like the "C" can be opened, if so why?

Yes, it can be opened.
    All good C support brackets are designed this way.

> I miss more mounting holes on the C shape support for H4n/DR100 and a senheiser wireless. Looks like it's one hot shoe hole on one spot, maybe that will do for the H4n/DR100.. But how do I attach a H4N to a hot shoe hole? I plan to mount a EVF to the top rods, and maybe a light.

C bracket has 1/4" threaded hole, so you can use either 1/4" to hotshoe adapter or simple quick release (look at ebay) to mount anything.
    It can be better to attach recorder and battery to the shoulder support.
    As for more holes - look at 15mm clamps with 1/4" holes.