Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

"You can also look at Weildy FF"

Ha ha...this is exactly the same as the LPT follow focus except for inner ring on the knob. It also comes with a crank handle...but at a higher price. The exposed hexagonal nut top (on the adjustment slider) is the same as is on my Genus...but has been nicely covered on the LPT version I received the other day. They don't mention that the gear can be swapped from one side to the other (a very important feature for me) but the gear shaft extends out so I'm sure it's the same as the LPT/Genus.

The improved cosmetics on LPT suggests to me the LPT are the original manufacturer? But of course the Chinese are also great copiers so it's quite possible one manufacturer is simply copying another...no copyright issues to worry about over there.

Also, have a look at the Wieldy Matte Box...looks identical to the TrusMT!

The main thing is that in a very short time of about 2 years the Chinese have come from nowhere to now making excellent quality rigs and components...for sensible prices.
  • >The improved cosmetics on LPT suggests to me the LPT are the original manufacturer?

None of them are original manufacturers, I can assure you.

>Also, have a look at the Wieldy Matte Box...looks identical to the TrusMT!

It is not.
  • Yes, not identical...but very close resemblance.

If it's as well made as the TrusMT then that's good for buyer's. The more "manufacturers", the more competition.

• >If it's as well made as the TrusMT then that's good for buyer's.

All of them are made pretty good.
    But TrusMT is better option.

>The more "manufacturers", the more competition.

Yes, something like it.
  • Is there an offset rail option?
  • >Is there an offset rail option?

Offset option is good idea.
    I'l try to talk with seller about it.
  • looks good, how would this work if I'm UK based?
  • I think that they all made by the same manufacture for different companies like Trusmt, Tilta and LPT just with a slightest change in the design, just like Dell, HP and Apple all under Foxonn.
  • >how would this work if I'm UK based?

IF we'll start it, you'll send money directly to manufacturer via paypal and he'll send rig :-)
  • @Eugene

It is much more complicated usually.
  • Will the aAF100 fit into the rig?
    If so I would be interrested.
  • Hey Vitaliy
    I might have the money next Monday, so 90 % you can count on me
    Thanks for the deal
  • I'm interested if it's sent from anywhere but the US. If it's sent from China, I'm definitely interested...
  • I'd definitely be interested and I have the money whenever its needed
  • I would be interested as well!
  • Deal is up and effective since this moment.
    As I said, upon our agreement it can be terminated by manufacturer at any moment.
  • I'm interested too, will the rig's baseplate work with a sony fs100?
  • I thing that it'll work for any camera. AF100 and FS100 are not very big cams.
  • I've just bought a couple of these "offset raisers":

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Z-Shape-Offset-Raiser-fr-15mm-rod-DSLR-Rig-raily-system-/260839906482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb451cb2

I'll comment on quality when I get them...should be OK.
  • @Skeptikal

Offset version of this rig comes with such things (not exactly, but almost the same) :-)
  • Good price, I'm interested too!
  • >Good price, I'm interested too!

:-)
    And?
    Post something on forum and send me PM afterwards :-)
  • Interested.
  • pff ... and i've invested almost the same money for some cheap indian led lights that i'm absolutely not satisfied with. but maybe .... ahh, need to make up my mind ;)

maybe a stupid question (not experienced with different rigs): 15mm rods - got it. but is the distance inbetween always the same? could i use my indian follow focus (brand: proaim v2) on this rig?
  • >but is the distance inbetween always the same?

Yes (for rigs based on 15mm rods).

>could i use my indian follow focus (brand: proaim v2) on this rig?

Yes.