Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • @spreegurke WHERE can I get those handels you posted in this forum... the ones with the rossette locks
  • Those are tilta handles. The guys from lanparte showed me their new handle designs which use the same locking mechanism. Don't know when they will release them.
    An update on the slipping handle front, I've gone about with a dremel and engraved more grooves on the bottom of the ball socket. Now the grip has improved a lot and slippage is not an issue for now.
  • has anybody got news from lanparte regarding this issue?

are they still taking care?
  • @mrmukke

I'll talk to them again.
  • I ordered some more stuff from Lanparte recently and also received their new set of handles.
    Upon first test they look and feel very solid and sturdy. It's a similar design as the Tilta rosetta handles but with a different locking system. Jerry has asked me not to publish any photos yet, but will do so as soon he gives me OK for it.

For the old handles I will also try to add more friction groove on the bottom ball socket with a lathe, since bimdas had already good sesults with that approach.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev If Jerry includes this handles in the rig deal, I can recommend the Lanparte rig again.
  • I want the new handles. Will Jerry accept a return and replace?
    Here's my current set-up with my fs100. It feels adequately balanced on the shoulder and when I pick the rig up by the top handle, it stays perfectly leveled to the ground.

edited: after using it for a day, the balance isn't perfect but now with a zacuto evf, its pretty close.
    fs100-rig1.jpg
    700 x 581 - 120K
    fs100-rig.jpg
    619 x 508 - 100K
  • Update from the slipping handle front.

I also added friction grooves to the lower socket ball (see pictures) and upon first tests it's performing much better than before. If somebody else has the same problem, this will fix the issue of the locking problem from the handles. At least for now.
    P1120275.JPG
    1500 x 1000 - 122K
    P1120277.JPG
    1500 x 1000 - 187K
    P1120279.JPG
    1500 x 1000 - 127K
  • Wow, the updated design of the Lanparte parts both look sturdy and hot. I think this is the best rig to buy at the moment, and i need a rig at the moment.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev I am interested in the whole Lanparte Rig, do you have a special arrangement with them to sell the whole thing or just specific pieces? What would the price be on all the parts, A,B,C,D,E ? Thanks!

Edit: After reading the promotion once more, I saw the price of $679; just wanted to verify if that price is still relevant for pieces a,b,c,d,e together?
  • @L1N3ARX

If you look closely enough you'll find that they are sold as whole rig, and have a price listed :-)
  • is there any chance that there will be a special deal for the shoulder support?
  • Just got my Lanparte rig.. Superb build quality and fast shipping. Recommended.

• Same here, it went all good. Parts have the great quality that i was looking forward to. Thanks Vitaly.

• Lanparte rocks!

• Any test footage of the Lanparte in action?

• I just received notification that my Lanparte rig has been shipped. Looking forward to putting it through its paces!

• One small thing that is bugging me with the Lanparte (because the overall quality is so good) is the thumb-screw to secure the base plate - if it was round instead of a standard thumb-screw it would be a LOT easier to set the base plate any way you want it (without it getting in the way of the camera body).

• @RRRR

Please use Lanparte topics to discuss this stuff. This is deals topic.

Plus it is really hard to understant that you don't like.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev roger that.. although I can't find such a topic. You suggest I make a new one? I was talking about the thumb screw that secures the base-plate. The thumb screw / camera (with dslr form factor) gets in the way of each other. If it was round instead of like a lever, there would be no problem. If you look at the Tilta rig, the base plate is secured with a round thumb screw.

Edit: attached an image to show what I'm talking about.

Lanparte_designmistake.jpg
    212 x 227 - 50K
  • @ RRRR

i had the same problem. if you use it as a shoulder rig you might have look for some way of raising the camera to your final eyeposition anyway. for now i did it with a block between the camera and the base plate. Now the camera if lifted away from the screw, up to a better eyeposition.

• @meniK I'll propably have a round screw made.. But like you say, an additional riser may help.

• @RRR are you sure that the thumb piece does not pull out and reposition? There are many of these that do.

• Yes, it does. And I like it as it is, since you can tighten it better when your hands are cold (as they are in Germany right now…).

• I'm not sure.. will check it out. I might get a round screw made anyway - the base plate is so well made and tight it does not need heavy securing to sit there.. Personally, I'd find pulling and repositioning more troublesome in the cold when you have gloves on. EDIT: Well, nevermind - it all depends on how things are implemented anyway.. :) I'll check tomorrow.

• My Lanparte rig arrived today and after a few hours of configuring it and playing around I'm extremely happy with it overall. It's all pretty solid and very well built. Not too heavy but heavy enough that it'll make a huge difference in the stability of hand-held shots compared to my old crappy Cowboy Studio rig.

The rig is very adaptable with all kinds of adjustment points as well as screw holes for additional accessories. I look forward to getting out with it soon and shooting with it and am already saving for the next accessory to join the family.

Thanks VK for an awesome deal.