Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • I have this kit and can say that it's very nice. I'll try to put up a review this weekend.
  • @jaecjaec

Review is welcome.
    Feel free to contact me if you need any help.
  • Interested !
  • Hi Vitaly
    If I want to buy the rig, what should I do? and what is the PM??
  • @Aksel
    PM me, click on my nick (on top of this message, for example), after this click on Send Vitaliy_Kiselev a message.
  • @mrmukke
    The Pro-Aim 15mm rods are the same diameter, but the thread-pitch of the male and female ends are not compatible with Gini and TrusMT rods. Don't know if they'll play with the Lanparte rods.
  • One last question before my decision: Are the rods included? (Confusing that in the ebay link on page 1, it says they're not)

• Mine came with 2 12" and 2 8" rods. Considering that they are aluminum, they are surprisingly heavy. Swapping mine out for carbon fibers soon.
  • Hi Vitaliy
    I sent u a PM, so what's the next step to buy the rig???
    Thanks
  • I just found some other matching Lanparte parts, just in case somebody wants to extend their orders:
    (The personal-view.com deal seems to consist of parts A through E
    plus Rod pair and either straight or offset clamp)

A: Double swivel handgrip (HG-01)
    B: Bridgeplate (BPT-01)
    C: C-shape support (CS-01)
    D: Top Handle C-shaped (CS-01)(?)
    E: Shoulder support (SS-01)

Rod Pair 200-300mm (Rod1)
    Straight clamp or
    Offset clamp

Matte Box (mb-01)
    Follow Focus (FF-01)
    Follow Focus Gear Ring (FFGR)
    Magic Arm (ma-01)

Safety Case (SC-01)

More impressive detail photos of Lanparte Camera Rigs in use with different cameras on 15 pages starting with:

http://dgqiying.en.alibaba.com/product/483249428-210813323/Lanparte_unviersal_forward_handgrip_adjustable_rubber_grip.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct2#productDetailpageLocation
  • @Emul
    About seller.
    This is direct manufacturer deal. As all other special deals we have.

About extending orders. This is special deal. So, to prevent load on me and seller, no extension.
    Use ebay. Period.
  • i would like to get one ;)
    Vitaliy: Pm
  • Can anyone compare the quality to a Gini rig?
  • Does the seller sell just parts, or only the rig? just curious!
  • The seller sells everything. The deal is only for the rig.
  • Gotcha. Do they have an ebay page or anything?
  • I bought this rig and I am waiting for delivery. Is it possible to attach it on the tripod or do I need some other part for this?
  • Sorry for my newbie questions, but would it be possible to mount an external monitor to this setup using one of their 'magic arms'? Would I have to use the offset option or the 'normal' one? Viewfinders aren't my cup of tea as I have one bad eye...
  • Retina...If you plan on using this with an external monitor, you want the straight rig. The offset rig offsets the enter camera towards the center of your face, so that you can use the camera's screen or view finder. And yes, you can mount the magic arm. It simply clamps to the 15mm rails on one end and to the monitor to the other end. I have the 'professional' version of this rig. Same thing, just loaded with everything such as matte box, battery supply, etc....You'll like it. I'm going to try a video review on youtube soon...I have a cold right now and sound totally stuffed up.

btw..something wrong with your retina?
  • @jaecjaec: Thanks for the explanation... So if I were to pull the camera screen out, I could still use the straight rig?

Really looking forward to your video review, who cares that you'll sound like you have a hangover! ;-)

Thankfully, nothing serious with my left eye, it's just slightly less in focus than my right eye, and if I use only my right eye, I get a splitting headache! :-) Also, I find it more difficult to keep the surroundings in check if I only look through the viewfinder. I guess I'll end up with an external monitor with hood.

I've always liked the word Retina, and I couldn't think of any better name when I made my account here. ;-)
  • If you want a closer look at the rig, I just posted a video:

• @jaecjaec

Thanks.
    But initial plans and camera level are kind of strange :-)
    Try to reshoot them with camera rised to the face level and intercut with existing stuff.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

That's what my wife said :) I didn't want my face in the frame. Might scare people off. Just a quickie for those wanting more detail on the rig and are considering this deal.
  • Thanks Jaecjaec, you can put the battery pinch at the back of the shoulder support.
  • @lanparte

I think that you can supply shoulder pad with either much longer rods or second straight clamp and extra rods.
    As counterweight is much more effective if placed further at the back.