Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GF5 topic
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • Hello.

I am not sure ... but will there be a GF5 hack? Sorry if i misunderstood...but it is not there already?

Regards Michael

• Vitaly - thank you so much for your work!

So - are you working on GF5?

Regards Michael

• Vitaly...please ;-) Will there be a hack for GF5? I am considering buying GF5 or GF3...

thanks Michael

• Sorry...missed it...you said it is next in line. Just donated! Thanks!

• Hi.

Any news on the GF5 hack?

Regards Michael

• @mschaa

Not yet. It is not me who is slow, I'll later explain the dalays.

• @Vitaly: Thanks for the answer...i would never assume you being slow!

But interesting to hear what is going on...hopefully one day the hack will be available...GF5 is a pretty nice camera to second GH3 ... so any improvement to match GH3 videos better would be great!

Regards Michael

• Hi.

@Vitaly Sorry, i do not want to push this...but any news about the delays as you said in your previous post? I am just interested...so if you could give a time schedule that would be great. Not an exact one...just something like soon, never ... Seems not many people are interested in a Gf5 hack?

Regards Michael

• @mschaa

It is not never. But things do not depend on me only here.

• Does GF5 hdmi output while recording ?

• @Vitaly So there will be a GF5 hack one day...that is fine for me!

Thanks, Michael

• Hello Vitaly.

How about the explanation you promised? Any progress with GF5?

BTW: Fotga deal arrived - thanks!

Regards Michael

• How about the explanation you promised? Any progress with GF5?

I have some progress, but explanation will be later.

• @feha, I am curious about this also. I would guess not, since I do not see it in the specs, but I do not have a mini-hdmi cable to test.

• I wait GF 5 hack ... Thank you

• Can anyone confirm if G5 outputs video on HDMI while recording ?

• So sorry there are never any news about the GF5 hack. I am still wondering if it will be there one day. I think i will get a GX1 now...and sell my GF5...

@Vitaly - Any news about GF5? Thanks Michael

• Here is some video made with the GF5:

I am also hoping for the hack eventually.

• Hi, I'm new here.
    Without a firmware release, is there anyway to modify the language of a Japan Domestic GF5? Sorry if this a silly question. Thanks

• GF5 hack i wait ... thank you

• What is with all of these Lumix cameras having a one minute max shutter speed. I would really like to do some night sky shots but 60 seconds will not cut it. With the software shutter I would think that this would be built into the camera but if a G5 hack is around the corner, I hope that a longer shutter speed is included. I would donate so hard for something like that.

• I'm still waiting ... Can I use the firmware(hack) from the GF3 for GF5? Thank you

• Can I use the firmware(hack) from the GF3 for GF5? Thank you

No, of course.

As for waiting - ask Panasonic :-)