Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lanparte Old and New Rigs
  • Old Rig

------------

Lanparte new rig

Bestseller rig, now with modified base and new handles. I think, best on the market now in this price range:

Available at:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/810/special-deals-complete-rigs-and-rig-parts
    rigdeal1.jpg
    628 x 821 - 102K
    rigdeal2.jpg
    628 x 812 - 78K
    rigdeal3.jpg
    413 x 318 - 28K
    rigdeal4.jpg
    481 x 314 - 24K
  • 179 Replies sorted by
  • Lanparte HDMI Cable Clamp

• Is this deal on the Lanparte rig still running?

• Ok so the Lanparte rig arrived today. It doesn't only look rock solid, it is. Everything's tight. Only problem, some of the female screws on the rods weren't polished. Doesn't really matter to me as all of the rods have at least one of the sides fine, so it's just a matter of leaving that side of the rod to the outside of the rig, where I don't need to expand the rods with the male-male adapter (sorry for me really poor english in this kind of matters, that's the best way I can express myself).

It's light, though with a monitor and FF attached it becomes kinda heavy for working with it for a long time, now I just need to figure out a way to balance the weight "cheaply".

BTW shoulder pad is just excellent, as well as the handles.

Thanks Vitaly :)

• hi all, i've been reading up on the lanparte rig at the start of the thread. curious to know if any canon users have had any similar battery issues with the baseplate system as kupchenpo has found with the GH2? - thanks

• @x_worpig_x .. it's real easy with 1" bench grinder .. it's 1 and a bee's tit wide. (phone pic)

P1000001.JPG
    1000 x 562 - 86K
  • @kavadni Oh great! Thanks so much, glad to hear it. Grinding wouldn't be a problem.

• @x_worpig_x.

If they are still in first post they are still available, message Vitaliy. I ordered the $679 rig, and the AB follow focus I am extremely happy with both items.

I pretty much have the complete PRO rig .. as in the 3rd video .. except my monitor is a smallHD.

The only piece of Lanparte gear I have had issue with is the crank handle (not part of what you buy in this offer) It wiggles too much in the follow focus .. Jerry from Lanparte has acknowledged the issue and is working to correct with a new cad machine, and has promised me a replacement when fixed.

You have to grind away a section of the quick release plate if you want to be able to change the battery with out removing a GH2 from the rig.

• Hi @Vitaliy_Kiselev,

Is there any chance you could get us a special deal for the Lanparte professional kit any time soon? I'm talking about the one in the second video of this thread, which includes MB, LCD, powering solution (It will work with GH2, right?) and hard case.

The Tilta kit looks even more reliable, but I don't really understand how to use it as a shoulder mount. It looks like the operator would have the FF almost touching his nose, and the lcd of the camera not even in front of him. I'm probably wrong, and don't understand something really simple, like maybe the shoulder pad can be adjusted way back on the rig. I'd love to see a picture of someone using it.

• @mackmedia I recieved the same mounting system as you. Before using it I thought it was nice with a "quick release" system, but in real use I experience the same as you: The fastening is not very sturdy, I don't trust it completely (it sort of whiggles). And the fastening screw must be turned so many times to lock/unlock that it's actually more cumbersome than the simpler solution on the product picture. It's usable, but not perfect.

• I forsee the universal grip mount they gave me having problems of breaking off eventually regarding it's ability to latch on completely, especially for heavy rig setups.

I really suggest to use facts, not feel that you forsee :-)

All they did is improved handles to make them more similar to Tilta ones :-) I see nothing wrong.

• I received my Lanparte rig the other day, however the plate or mount used to hold the universal grips is not the same as the picture. In fact it looks like they used the follow focus mount instead of the mounting plate shown in the photo on their website as well as its listing here personal-view. Here's an imgur link for the plate I received http://imgur.com/a/Zekh1 and here is a photo of the universal plate listed on personal view, http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/9f/fe3d1a75acc24dd2124bd764bfa6c9.jpg

Did anyone else receive the same part as me, or did Lanparte just mess up my order? I forsee the universal grip mount they gave me having problems of breaking off eventually regarding it's ability to latch on completely, especially for heavy rig setups.

• These all look awesome, especially the woodlan!

• Lanparte rig is good, except for two problems-
    1. the sliding quick release plate that holds your camera body to the rig is just a hair too wide to allow the battery door to open! I'm going to grind mine down, but I wish I didn't have to. 2.There's a little bit of play in the height-adjustable block that is the foundation of the whole thing. A little annoying, but not hte end of hte world. Still a really good vaLue, specially compared to zacuto etc. 3.also ended up buying JAG35 d-focus gears and using those instead of the stock lanparte. MAking the focus ring "bigger" is extremely useful. Makes the distance between focus points a little farther apart. I found this necssary with my voigtlander nokton 25mm.

• I'm on the 1. gen lanparte rig, and very happy with it except from the handle tightening screws, which are now almost hopeless to get tight anymore. The "fix" of drilling new wholes and tightening two set of screws on each "ball" is hard to make, and not close to the 2. gen lanparte handles.

I know the deals here are very good, so I don't complain at all. But still I would wish it was possible for Lanparte 1. gen buyers to get a special discount on the new handles, so we have a fully functional rig (again, the handles are quite useless in their current state). In my opinion the 1. gen was a design flaw, that I hope Lanparte are willing to address. Do you think this is possible?

• Just thought I'd chime in and say how impressed I am with the new LanParte rig. It's immense!

• Anyone have experience with af100 and lanparte? Looking for a dslr rig, but if it can hold down a body like the af100 that would be a plus too.

• @mythmaker I've thought (dreamed ?) about spring-loaded adjustment screws everywhere too, but I'm afraid it would significantly raise the price.

Also, I've noticed the same -small- issues about some of the handle screws (the bridge plate needing more tightening than any other screw in the rig and lacking some clearance).

This rig is still an incredible bargain anyway.

• @mythmaker hadn't noticed that but you're absolutely right, still, lovely piece of kit.

• @mythmaker

Thanks, just try to use smaller images nest time, no need for 5Mp :-)

• Photo shows how the green tightening screw of the Lanparte handles makes slight contact with the edge of the bridge plate assembly. There is clearance (meaning I can tighten the screw) but only just. Turning the screw, it also makes contact on the left side too. A half-millimeter less on each side of either the screw or the sides of the black bridge plate assembly would solve the problem.

IMG_0286.JPG
    5184 x 3456 - 5M
  • Will do V.K. Super busy with work so it may be a few days but I will put something up soon.