Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Windmotion - upsampling to 4:4:4
  • 263 Replies sorted by
  • I tried installing the Windmotion alpha but AVG claims to finding Trojan horse downloader from beep.exe file within windmotion folders. Is this just AVG being paranoid?

• https://www.virustotal.com/file/521c210f0cde567c6cdaef12b87e7a600b98c8763fd68a36206bff549565b9c2/analysis/1360675331/

AVG found a virus :)

The Beep.exe source code is:

program Beep;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

uses MMSystem;

var FileName: string;

begin FileName := ParamStr(1); if FileName = '' then FileName := 'Beep.wav'; sndPlaySound(PChar(FileName), SND_SYNC); end.

• @Jasketti Download the latest version (Alpha 5). I have fixed this foul detection. http://snovidenie.com/windmotion/download/

• Any likelihood of this being made for OSX? Might have to get round to sorting out a copy of windows 7 for my hackintosh...

• Looking forward to some simple directions - had a play at exporting a 444 8-bit lossless version of a GH2 file, but for some reason only got audio, not video. I know the energy should rightly go into a release version; it would be brilliant if any documentation could include a "typical" flowchart showing the essential steps (what happens first, what happens at the end) and where other batch processes should happen (and how / where the files are stored). Flowcharts are great visual aids (even for an audio person, like me) and save a million words!

This potentially looks great so looking forward to exploring more.

• "typical" flowchart showing the essential steps (what happens first, what happens at the end)

true, ive install it and it never run on my PC win 7 64bit

• Ah, @endotoxic, then I've got further than you - although I had to install it twice because I couldn't work out where the install directory was (only because it didn't launch the readme on completion) - the other programs appeared in my programs list, but the actual bit you want is a collection of batch files - which don't appear in the programs list, of course - and once you find the c:\soft\video\windmotion directory and look at the readme.txt it's not so bad. I got it to work and managed to create some sharpened y,u, and v versions of the original, and (EDIT) got an output file out of it.

@rean, I appreciate the priority is to get your software completely done, not to write guides, so I shall continue to play and discover what this can do.

• I have instaled and read the readme but cant run it. WIl try again, i like this has good potential.

• I have instaled and read the readme but cant run it. WIl try again, i like this has good potential.

• @Mark_the_Harp: a black video is a bug. It is already fixed. Also huge amount of bugs also already fixed. A documentation is in progress, sorry, the program is just an alpha version - many changes every release. I have recorded some example video, it will be published later.

And here is a new version: 0.3.0.Alpha6, 2013-02-16

• New feature: ffmpeg threads in settings.
    • New feature: mkv import support is added.
    • New feature: Import of RGB videos from a screen recorder software.
    • New feature: audio codec is added to export scripts.
    • New feature: MJPEG, Huffyuv and Uncompressed 10-bit export.
    • Using flac instead of pcm_s16le to get smaller video file sizes when import.
    • Variable vcodec is added to import scripts.
    • Export scripts directory changes.
    • H.264 export speed optimized.
    • ProRes ffmpeg export quality improved.
    • Quality improved in Denoise8to16, MotionDenoise8to16, Dither.
    • Bugfix: Beep added to export scripts.
    • Bugfix: Incorrect ffmbc ProRes settings.
    • Bugfix: Incorrect avi 4:2:2 and rgb lossless muxing using ffmpeg (black video). Changed to a mencoder implementation.
    • Bugfix: Color shift fixed in HalfMotionAverage8to9, Denoise8to16, MotionDenoise8to16, Dither.
    • Uninstaller bugfix: Delete all avisynth registry settings.
    • Some texts and scripts corrected.
  • How do I uninstall the old version of Windmotion so that I can install the new update?

• HarryPowell: Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs

• Thanks rean.

I was just very cautious due to the unconventional way the program works.

By the way I should take the opportunity to thank you for developing this. I'm really looking forward to see how good this will be when you've got it working how you want it to. Do you intend to have a user interface for it in a future version?

• The high quality 33 mbps 4:2:2 file, encoded to near lossless H.264 1080p25 is also available to download:

links are removed

Encoded to 4:2:2 with these x264 params: --input-csp i422 --output-csp i422 --preset=slow --crf 5 --ref 6 --bframes 3 --merange 16 --subme 10 --me tesa --trellis 2 --no-mbtree --keyint 25 --open-gop --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 30000 --tune film --colorprim "bt709" --transfer "bt709" --colormatrix "bt709" --sar 1:1

A source: my Sony NEX-7 28 mbps 50p footage. PS. Mixed internally in the Windmotion. No external editors used. The result includes Windmotion per-color color correction and sharp. PS2. Sorry, sharp filter is not optimal. It may be fixed.

• Looks very good, @rean that's at least my first impression. Very vibrant, clear image. Do you mean with "original file" the uploaded one, so not the camera file from your Nex-7?

• @tetakpatak, I have corrected the post. Original means the “before/after” film. Also, if you have already downloaded that file, please download it again, because some things were corrected a bit (a compression artefact was very visible).

• Ok ive bee quiet about it, but it has happened twice. Ive install it 2 times, 1 time it broke my system and recovery was a must, the sencond time just dindt run at all, this is third time i want to make it run!!

i have followed instructions til fisrt bat, i click on it and only a message about version and peress ok. nothing appears.

Please, could you explain step by step (ive read the readme ) in like step 1, step2 step 3 form for dummies like me?

I want to run this software!!!

• @endotoxic I am hard working on it now. I'm sorry, all this time I was very busy with important things. First, to do this you can even install it without some troubles. Secondly, I made a web infrastructure that allows me to upload huge examples and write training videos. Third, to date, the program had significant problems, which took me a month and a half of hard work. I would be very glad that all of us have long been using the program, but there are only 24 hours in a day. Sometimes I do not even have time to shave or eat.

• @rean Looks very promising. I'm excited to see what it does for hacked and stock GH2 footage. Keep up the good work and don't rush it, take the time necessary to do things properly.

Cheers!

• @rean Im very glad you can give us this potentially grate program!!! Thank you very much for yout time and effort.

Im looking forward for more information or better realese.

• Thanks for info and just take your time, @rean - don't rush, good developing needs lots of time.

Many people here are happy you work on that software. You will get here valuable feedbacks from the testers during your work- until the day when all bugs will be fixed and the alpha version is finished :-)

• i m testing the basic version with gh2.. Is possibile to have a full trial version??

thanks Sorry for my poor English

• Gh2 hack Flow 2.02-Windmotion 0.4.0.Alpha7

Original Mts http://i.imgur.com/39HAGuN.jpg

vs

Utvideo 4:4:4 http://i.imgur.com/NjTIpgv.jpg

Thanks

• Very impressive the amount of detail the conversion manages to recuperate.

• This is a really interesting project. Are the resulting clips easier to grade?

Also, is there a Mac OSX version planned?