Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • This is going to change the game.
    Go VK!
  • Really outstanding Vitaly - I can feel your excitement. Hope this all goes smoothly so all the annoying Canon fanboys to go eat the peanuts out of my shit - LOL
  • @Vitaliy

We are here and ready to test whenever you are ready to give it to us. Thank you for everything you do.
  • "1084p24 42Mbps average bitrate in stream parser"

@ Vitaliy

Does it work in the 1080p 80% slomo feature too?
  • I do not understand all inner workings today, unfortunately.
    This thing have some internal checks and it smacks bitrate to 5.5Mbit/s if something is not right.
    About stability. This needs testing.
  • 1080p@24 in supernice bitrate is really all i want from this hack. w00t.
    I know it's been said many times before, but thanks so much for your work, and good luck with all coming!
  • Brilliant :) Is it stable?
  • impressive!
  • This looks great! well done.

But as a PAL user I would really like to know if a working/stable 1080 25p will be coming in the next release?
  • This is awesome vitaliy. I prefer smooth videos, so I´m glad, that I can now tweak the other modes, too.

• YEA! High bit rate 1080p sounds great. I still would like high bit rate 720p as well though. Is the high bit rate 1080p stable?
  • @stefanos

Even better. Looks like photo.

@Angry_C
    >What`s about the other modes 50i/60i, 25p/30p? Whats about the Bug "First shot 1080 to get stable 720p"?

I am more interested in 1080p24.
    But all the same settings exist for 720p and interlaced modes.
    I do not expect any problems also.

• Nice, but 24p Mode allready is very good in stock firmware.

What`s about the other modes 50i/60i, 25p/30p? Whats about the Bug "First shot 1080 to get stable 720p"?

• Is the actual image quality as good as the numbers suggest?(I'm picking my jaw off the floor:) this is my No.1 priority, very high 24p bitrate!!! don't care that much about 25p/720p/clean hdmi)
  • 1084p24 42Mbps average bitrate in stream parser:

Looks like MJPEG of very high quality. And 43Mbps is not top possible bitrate :-)
    stream44.png
    807 x 173 - 7K
  • @KrisCanonizado

I think that it mostly depends of our hoster as we are moving to VPS.
    And I want it to be working before PTool release as forum won't be working good otherwise.
  • "PTool 3.61D is coming soon"

@Vitaliy_Kiselev

how soon Vitaliy? Friday? the same day the we get to see the THE DARK KNIGHT RISES teaser?? because that would be the best day ever,
  • @dagobert

No, no plans for GF2.
  • Did the hack will be also available (already?) for gf2?
    very interesting job.
  • Wow, I'm as excited as a little child! Release is today?
  • no hints?:)
  • PTool 3.61D is coming soon.

With big breakthrought.
  • I just wanted to thank those guys who pointed out that turning off continuous AF allowed me to focus when i wanted with my AF lenses. So happy. And now the hack is released I watch with interest to see what is possible. You are a legend!!
  • I heard chinese resellers have loaded'em up.