Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • @camcorderman3000. They've claimed they will. They also seem to get pretty grumpy when you ask for status updates. It's understandable, I'm sure they get hounded. I'm working on a film, and people bombard me about when it will be done. When it's done! But I gotta say, some kind of status update would be cool. Cuz I really love this camera. I didn't know about the autoexposure-only video shooting when I Bought it. I decided to keep it anyway, because the camera is really charming and the pics are very nice.

• Hi.

Will you release a second hack with manual controls anytime soon? I haven't read about any progress so far...

• @51sergei

Use PM pm for this question.

• luisnando,Explain the logic here these parameters. Why is the average value is not included in the scope of the upper and lower limits? Video Bitrate FSH/SH=170000000 1080i Top Setting=56791 1080i Bottom Setting=52953

• I don`t really know if this is the right place to put my settings, but since others have done the same, here it go. Guys, I managed to fix the writing error you were talking about messing with the buffer size. Actually I put 170M bitrate and the small shootings I made really passed through with no errors! Since I am a noob on all those settings, I would like to ask someone to analyze the data and see if I really got it. Annexed goes my patch.

I based my settings over Driftwood cluster v6 settings.

setb.ini
  • @luisnando

It is wrong topic for question.

• Hi everyone,

for now which is the stablest patch? botha's or driftwood's? One question, can I use the patchs for GH2 on my G3??? I am using the one driftwood made and I am getting some horizontal artifact, anyone else with the same problem? In fact I think it is a problem of my computer, I dont have a GPU so the processing of this kind of data is very bad....

Regards

• As I said, I didn't mean to sound rude. I don't pushing you or anything.. Just asked if there's any progress, because I'm curious.. No need to defense, I don't mean it that way, Vitaliy. I'm sorry if it sounds to you like that :(

• @JOFO

Do you want us to dance or what? We are working on it.

• I don't want to sound impatient or rude, just want to ask if there's any progress in making manual video controls on G3? It's quite silence since GH3 was announced :)

• @datek

Iso limit will start work only after we'll make manual modes, as auto modes can't use this.

• My patched G3 still records underexposed video in my dimly lit apartment, even if I turn exposure compensation all the way up. And yes, I checked the "maximum iso limit removal" box in ptool.

• so what the other panasonic camera can do "live view via external" like gh2?

• Does panasonic g3 have real time hdmi out function like gh2?

• @greatart

It is development topic, so, please use proper one.

• How about flow motion patch, is it impossible for now or just do some based version of FM 2. ?

• First of all, than you Vitaly!! A great job, indeed. I have a question, a very basic one; Does this firmware add new menu items or modify existing ones? THX

• Thank you! I've just done it. Just to be sure, that I can back up) Now I'm ready for the experiments with hacking my G3.

• Just load official firmware into PTool and leave all unchecked instead of Increment option.. Save firmware and update... Your G3 will be like before hack...

• Hi everybody!

Please, tell me is there any way to get back to the official firmware update?

Thanks!

• I would really like to contribute by doing some testing of my own. But firstly I need to know the significance of each parameter. Can someone point out if there is a wiki with detailed explanation of things like quantizer, GOP, deblocking, etc. And if possible, where can I check for technical spec of sensor and image processor in the G3. Thank you very much. :)

• @mundano / @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I don't think you can turn off the shutter for real stills. SH mode doesn't use the shutter because in this mode the sensor does not capture stills, it just sends the video ... and the camera extracts frames

Sounds pretty bad. Does this mean that there is no way out? Even by hacking G5 firmware .... Or G5 is using electrically different sensor ?

PS: In worst case scenario I could agree to have even lower (SH) resolution, but 10x frames per second is way too many. Post-processing would kill me if I start shooting everything in this mode ...

Thanks.

• The GalaXian patch has the same SH file playback issue in GX1.

Cheers:-)