Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • Виталий, есть ли хоть малая надежда, что в Вашей прошивке для G3 появится ручное управление ISO и диафрагма в режиме видео???. Отмечусь и здесь-народ!!!Давайте поддержим проект по G3 Послал на поддержку проекта по G3 10$ -Transaction ID: 0GW87742EN535334J

• @51sergei

There's Always Hope.

• Right, hope dies last :) Wheater it will be there or not, I bet that Vitaliy's hack will make G3 even better.. His hard work is highly apreciated ;)

• Do you know, when it will be ready?

• As I'm programmer, I would say It will be ready, when it will be done :) It's hard to tell exact date for programmers work.. Vitaliy said tha his estimate is June... So patience is needed :) Vitaliy will let us know when it will be ready, dont worry ;)

• Hi! Disable auto ISO & aperture in video mode is on plans for G3? Thks a lot for your work!

• Haha, ok I made a hack too and decrypt the 51sergei menssage into spanish. Hope you can do it. +20$!

• Виталий,чтоб веселей работалось,еще одно скромное вливание на G3 от Дяди Сережи transaction ID for this payment is: 4RP172008L931905U.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

First, I'd like to offer my congrats for all the awesome work you're doing.

This said, I have a question for you: I'm planning a jump into the world of M4/3 for stills AND video and currently trying to decide whether to spend a lot more money on a GH2 or buy a less-expensive G3. As i understand, the G3 is pretty much what I need except for manual settings while shooting videos. With the hack you are developing, will it be possible to manually control aperture/iso/shutter speed in video mode?

Anyway, some more cash is coming your way. You know what? You should try to put this on kickstarter.com - assuming it's not against their terms, you'd probably end up with a lot more funding.

J.

• If you need camera for video, get GH2.

You should try to put this on kickstarter.com - assuming it's not against their terms, you'd probably end up with a lot more funding.

No, we won't be using any of this "platforms".

• Thanks for the amazingly quick reply. Ok then, but I'd still like to know whether full manual control in video mode is in your hack's checklist or not.

J.

• Ok then, but I'd still like to know whether full manual control in video mode is in your hack's checklist or not.

Yes, of course. It is planned after GX1-G3 release.

• Ok. Last question: I know that the GH2 is the way to go for video BUT it's pretty damn expensive when compared to the G3, at least here in Italy. I might be able to come up with the necessary amount of money but would it be worth it? I'd prefer to invest in better lenses if the hack is going to add what I'd be missing from the GH2 to the G3, even without direct controls. So, in order to understand, could you please enlighten me on the following points?

• from your latest post here, full manual control in video mode is a solid yes

• are you planning to get 60p output from the sensor? I've read that the focusing speed suggests the presence of 120p sampling and the processor, as far as I understand, is roughly the same as the one in GH2 so 60p output should be technically possible but I might be totally wrong here, I'm kinda shooting in the dark

• are you planning to port the GOP and bitrate patches of the GH2 to the G3? how many of the patches for GH2 will be available on the G3?

• now, a personal opinion: I know that the hacked G3 is going to lack in some areas when compared to the GH2 BUT, in your opinion, is the GH2 THAT much better than the HACKED G3 to justify the difference in price?

Thanks for your patience, time and absolutely invaluable work. Money is on the way (since I'll end up using one of your hacks in both cases :). You are also extremely quick in answering on this board, which I appreciate a lot.

J.

• You have your own strange way on interpreting my words. I already said to get GH2 if you are serious about video.

• Ok, ok, got it. I won't bother you anymore. Thank you again.

• just commenting for cheering!

i have donated a couple dozen euros last month, mostly interested by a language unlock as my G3 is japanese and i wasn't expecting it to have no other language at all in it :o

so keep up the good work! yayyy !

• Hi Vitaliy. I finally got around to dropping you some money after checking all relevant G3 threads for the last several months. Transaction ID is 0RV73778AF086162U. If its not too much trouble, could you list the top three features that will be rolled out with the G3 hack? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Thanks and keep up the good work.

• If its not too much trouble, could you list the top three features that will be rolled out with the G3 hack?

I do not completely understand that you mean here.
    It'll very similar to ones for GF3, you can check all the features for it.

• 10$ more your way Vitaliy (6D467976U78455744), looking forward to playing with your hack... soon ;-)

• 94635088WK956782M $ 10 here my friend, I am looking forward to the hack, nice Job !!

• Another $10, 7K338403BT493434P. Thanks for your work.

• oh just a quick question, i've checked the GF3 patches, and i mostly see video-related tricks...

what are the photography-related stuff? only ISO limit?

• How is the hack for the G3 coming? Do we still think we'll have a summer release?

• It would be great, but VK is the man to tell us what is the actual status of this project.. Anyway, whenever the hack comes out, it'll definitely be the great fw hack... so we must be patient... :)

• We'll have some release delay due to me being sick for some time :-)