Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • Hope you are all right now. :) If not, then get well soon Vitaliy ;)

• Sorry I am a total newb so you might find my idea absolutely old or as a matter of course.

An option to turn off the mechanical shutter would be nice (e.g. mechanical shutter is off when serial shooting in SH -- 4 megapixels), would that be possible? I find it disturbing to shoot in situations where one is asked to be silent (church, museum and such). Even when shooting in single shot mode at lowest quality (same resolution as in multishot SH) the G3 uses the mechanical shutter.

• I don't think you can turn off the shutter for real stills.

SH mode doesn't use the shutter because in this mode the sensor does not capture stills, it just sends the video feed that is used to live view / focusing, and the camera extracts frames from there. That's why in SH mode the photos you get are of such a low quality.

• And here I am as promised! New paycheck, new donation. Transaction ID: 0UG54372BL6443643. Any hope for manual video mode to be included in the coming PTools (the one currently in alpha status) or should we just wait for a future release provide that? If so, any estimate about the release month for manual video mode? Keep up the awesome work (but take care of yourself first), J.

• PTool 3.66d alpha

Send me PM if you want to be member of testing team.
    You must be long time community member, must have camera near you, and understand that it is bad idea to become tester if you just want PTool sooner.

• As promised, a small support ($20) from me is on the way Vitaliy :) Transaction ID: 4VM45360YD3130116 It's a first batch so you can await another support from me in the future... :) You rock

• Hi! I have G3 with Japanese language only. Really need ability to change it to English. My $10 for your job: ID for this payment is: 01S475921T3569803.

• I don't know if that's a bit OT but I'd like to know what you guys think about the G3's video quality (using the upcoming hack) compared to a GH2. Or is there a kind of of comparison thread anywhere around here already? But well, the new G3 hacked (!) might make a difference.

Regards Jens

• Just quick initial shots after patching...

more to come...

• It's a dream ! Folks, i'm hungry for this shit, plz release the phenomenal PTool 3.66d !!! G3 hack looks so sexy ;-)

• I need more people with G3.

As I said, if you are long registered on forum, able to do systematical testing and have G3, send me PM.

• It's in alpha testing stage, which helps to get stable patch with no harm to camera :) But so far it seems that patch is working very good... as vk said, you can participate on testing too... tomorow i'll do some other test shots and see the results... For now I'm very satisfied with actual progress... vk is the man ;)

• Is battery hack included in this release?

P.S. How long You have to be a forum member to take part in alpha testing?

• What's wrong with battery? I was using 3rd party battery without any issue

• I couldn't find non-Panasonic replacement anywhere so I assumed it need a hack to work. I've read You can use batteries from RC models but it needs Panasonic power adapter to work. Could You tell me what battery You're using Jofo?

• I'm using DSTE replacement battery and it works well.. Battery indicator is showing actual state and also i can do a firmware update with it just like with original Panasonic battery... it's selling also on ebay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSTE-1400mAh-DMW-BLD10E-DMW-BLD10-BLD10-Battery-for-Panasonic-DMC-GF2-GF2-Camera-/271019055776?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item3f19fe9aa0

• @JOFO

Take my good advice. Never ever update firmware with non panasonic battery. Ok?

• yea, I know... just didnt notice that Pany one was on charger when updating... if something went wrong, it'll be my fault and i will not blame anybody else but me :-| But I think that technicians at service would take care of repair/replacement... I've never had any problem with warranty repairs (as I own small shop)... I've got replaced some goods which they didnt have to replace... but I will take care as I mostly do...

• Another outdoor footage shot today

• Can share your set.ini? JOFO

• g3 manual video function, p, a, s, m mode crack it? I can not find it?

• Short test 42/35 basic setting - saw 25-26Mbps in many shots, still saw banding in sky but most importantly my Toshiba class 10 card froze on the "Grass" of "Death" shot - battery re-start. Card worked well before with GH1 Hack Any idea's

• Here is my last settings which I'm using atm... It did freeze sometimes, but when reformatting card in camera, all seems ok... But 36M is highest value I can get without write errors. Safe value is 33M by my observations. I'm using SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB (95MB/s) and SanDisk Extreme 32GB (45MB/s) cards.

setb.ini
    317B
  • @JOFO Thanks i might drop it down a bit.