Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @lunalobo75 No never sir @Vitality @driftwood are professionals and they are far experienced in electronics. i am just a beginner and a young filmmaker, never tried or dared to try something beyond limits.

• @lunalobo75 mysteron is somewhere in the middle its not as sharp as sedna AAQ1 but image quality is almost like orion v4b...but,..i am not so sure,...i just took a 2 min footage the usual one i did with all other patches.......will take a round tommorow,...did u tested it over orion v4b and sedna AAQ1????

• @ramjamalik time for you to become a teacher;) Driftwood makes the textbooks, now it's time for you to structure a curriculum.

• @lunalobo75 if a teacher is silent how a student will learn. mr. @driftwood is silent and wants us to test this new breed if so no problem. i am anyway taking mysteron to a longer test tommorow. will post it for all the members minimum 5min footage. lets see....what it does.....and will report to the master blasters @Vitality and @driftwood

• @rajamalik Driftwood has been quiet since the release of Mysteron...probably for good reason (BG). Do your own tests to see what YOU like. If you read this page, you'll see what I've posted as well as cydincer and others who have something to say about mysteron.

• @driftwood thank you so much for this amazing new level of gh2 patch

• @driftwood what profile i shld use for mysterion like you suggested standard for sedna?? is there anything we should know about mysterion. i just loaded it. just want some description from you to look after.

• @cjdincer Curious to know file length(time limit) in L mode... in case you need a slightly longer take...

• 5DtoRGB Batch 1.5.9: shows 146.36 mbps while encoding. 709matrix Gamma 1.0 1600iso süper results in doors. needs more testing

• @driftwood with myster(ium)... recording limit=1799

in ptool there are 4 options for this(... I'm assuming)

Limit 90000 Limit 63000 Limit 47700 Limit 15300

which one do set to 1799 ?

• just wanted to say I appreciate everything your doing driftwood. i check this forum daily. I'll post some videos of mysteron in the days to come!

• at 1600 iso Mysteron has the lowest (there is a noise but looks like soft sand, very filmic ) noise level up this time. I need to shoot more to say more but jerkier than Sedna A Q20. amazing PQ. I must try it in day light, very curious to see. sandisk 30MBs 32GB card.

• with Mysteron recorded for 4m47sec than beeped firmly and stopped recording. Filesize is 4.29GB. haven't checked the shadows yet.

• Why is the link for Rocket v3b and Orion v4b pointing towards the same file?

• sir_danish Hey, I used SpanMyBitchup v2, Sedna A q20 and q1, Orion 4b; I used Smooth, standard and Cinema all at -2, and then all at -2 except for Sharpness and NR; I used panny 20mm from F 1.7 to 4.5 @ 640 800 ISO, and Canon FD 28 and 50mm; and then, I took it into After effects and went through the RGB channels. BUT, it's still all subjective. It looks good in my eyes and all the modes DO NOT crash for me.

Before, SpanMyBitchup v2 with SEDNA A q1 matrix (hybrid I made) was my baby (It spanned up to 3 files); but Mysterion I like, and if it's a placebo effect, then "egg on my face";) That's my opinion, with loose description of my testing. Someone else might be of more help and in finer detail. But I jut shoot to shoot (keeps the headaches down), and if it looks good and my camera is clicking right, then I'm happy...the right angle, composition, good sound, juxtaposition and engaging content will supersede the smallest differences in these patches. Man, I just got on a soapbox - I apologize!

• @lunalobo75: Thanks a lot! When you say "finer noise in shadows", do you mean compared to the stock settings? Or which patch did you pull up as a reference?

• @sir_danish Mysterion has a new matrix, uses deblocking and record limit in the new 3.65d Ptools and, to my tests, all modes don't crash. Noise looks finer in the shadows, in my opinion. Load it up in Ptools and look at each thing "ticked." To be quite honest, I'm glad driftwood didn't give a description - he must be exhausted from all the patches he's made! Test it, shoot real world scenarios, just like a pre-production. There are so many patches/settings, which is exciting, because it brings back the days of choosing film stock with patience. Anyways, thanks VK, driftwood, thepalalias and all others who have pushed this lil' train further. You guys made my choice GH1 (2 years ago) and my GH2(last year) a choice I've never regretted.

I hope everyone has donated?

• I guess "Mysteron" is so named, because there is no description, right? ;) Is this patch just "for fun" (try it out and see what it does), or some kind of beta version of Canis Majoris? I don´t see through it...

• Ok, so what's the difference between aaq1 and aq1?

• @rajamalik you'll need Ptools 3.65d for Mysteron. Search or look for the top topic that has 3.65d in it's title. I like Mysteron, especially in the shadows, and no crashes for me thus far.

• @7pc HAHAHA should have put a troll faced meme along with that picture.

• @conscius I think you will like q20. It seems to have a bit more character than aq1. Although I must say, high contrast and lower light seem to work best with aq1. This is possibly because the aq1 needs some noise to soften it? q20 seems to shine in outdoor higher detail events where too much detail detracts from the overall aesthetics. I have no problem with it indoors either though. I think its a great all around patch and may just be the top overall 24p patch so far. Hate to sound cliche but it has a special something to it.

• @conscius I didn't find much difference between q20 and q1 let me know if you find something in the shoot or in post

• next weekend I'm going to shoot a shorty with Sedna A Q20. Very curious.

• Oh ok let me see does,..what is mysterion what it improves

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions