Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • @ LongJohnSilver, I think VK fails, or the thing is too complex...

• I'm still sitting here waiting for manual video mode :)

• Any progress with GF2 Stable Settings?

Can you recommend settings of the other topics for GF2? sanity 5? Driftwood Quantum X?

I need good settings for 1080p 30fps, 35-40mbs, daylight. Now I use settings from first post in this topic.

• @zinin

Don't be! Your work is more than good enough for TV... In fact, I'm passing it along to a commercial sponsor

• I am saddened (

• @zinin

can you teach us how you do that? I mean 60 FPS by GF2 ? It has only 30p output sensor,

• @zinin love your footage, gorgeous model, superb grading. Camera shake spoils it a little bit.

and my GF2 make real 60fps.

Hmm, I thought it had 30p/25p sensor output...

• @zinin Great work again! Your footage has a GH2 feeling! I like very much c-mount lomo lens in your video ;)

• @subco :: Editing/Grading : Premiere :: Camera : Lumix GF2 :: Lenses : Nikon 50mm 1.4 / Lomo 25mm 1.4 noname adapters

and my GF2 make real 60fps.

• @Rambo shoot with this settings last time, got no errors and tested on stress chart, bitrate 100-110 Mbps

• humpman, are these settings really stable for GOP1?

• @Ebacherville using my own settings, affect only on 108050i/60i FSH modes, tested only in 1080i50 mode.

setf.ini
    433B
  • another my GF2 video. 720p60

• I've been very impressed with the Sanity 5 patch, on my GF2. I've tried them all and the color, contrast and tonality of this patch keeps me coming back to it. For lowlight, the VY Canis Majoris 'Night' is giving me great low noise and shadow detail. I'm looking forward to trying out LPowell's Flowmotion v2.0, to be released this week.

• Preetam:

Thanks so much for your inquiry and question of my post! No, unfortunately, I meant GH2, which is my camera - this thread came up in response to my inquiry of a search machine re hacks for the GH2, and I failed to spot my egregious error. My bad.

• @Davidz, did you mean GF2?

• Ebacherville (or anyone else with similar experience), it sounds as if you have some successful experience with the GH2 in shooting with all-intra patches. Of all those you've used, do you have any successful experience in shooting in 1080 60i FSH, where the shots have been up to 5 minutes or more, and where the scenes involved heavy detail and quick movement? I use SanDisc Extreme Pro 95 MB/s, 64 GB cards exclusively, but find that all the Driftwood (and others') programs I've tested, using I-Frames exclusively, crash or freeze up the camera either constantly or after a few seconds, when faced either with heavy detail and/or quick movement. By the way, you mentioned the Sanity 5 - no matter what I've thrown at it in 1080 60i FSH, its been rock solid, though the Sanity 4.1 provided very quick total freezes. I'd appreciate very much any successful experience you might have in stable shooting under demanding conditions!

• @Ebacherville "for low budget film making the GF bodies are amazing" I hope we will watch soon short film/low budget features with GF bodies. It seems to me a paradoxe to me that short film festival are full of short film realized with canon 600d , kit lens and only a 50mm when at the same price you can get a GF body with very fast lenses, and better quality!

• the gf2 and gf3 are very capable bodies if your in controlled settings.. and they even handle changes in lighting pretty well. I prefer the all intra patches , Sedna C or Mysteron at this point depending on what I'm going for , Mysteron seems more "framey" to me.. The Sanity 5 patch seems very interesting to me now with huge Iframes.. plan on testing this also.

But what we have proven is even the lowly GF2 and GF3 are very capable cameras even with their limitations at this point. I've seen stuff that really blows me away when I compair it to other "professional" footage.. were talking 20k cameras and 10k lenses.. Got some stuff of a 5d II the other day.... looked OK but the detail was on the level of a GF camera.. seriously these cameras are amazing for the price point once hacked.

Now by comparison to the GH2, they do lack a bit but for a low budget solution they are simply amazing cameras.

Really if your shooting scene by scene and less than 5 minutes each the Intra frame patches are really amazing on the GF bodies. And you can use cheap cards like transcend for that also... for low budget film making the GF bodies are amazing. Add on top of that very nice lens choices in legacy stuff for cheap you have a great combo.

• Yep, going back and forth between the gf2, Gh1 and gh2 is driving me crazy in use. So many things the same, but also so different. I found it helps to assign each camera to a specific task and use the custom menu in all three to save favorites ect. I've also put notes in my iPhone on the workflow procedures that work on each camera.. getting old and forgetful doesn't help either,..hhaha

• @Rambo that was very kind and helpful - I got it. Very weird anyway I think some of the GF2 stuff...

• Gameb, to change the aperture select the icon onscreen under the qmenu icon and slide the slider to he desired aperture setting. The camera will still change exposure to what it meters with an auto lens in video mode, but with a manual lens you can set aperture and it won't change.

• @zinin thanks for your nice footage, I love the esthetics, works very well with these kids... I tried out your settings, but as always with these sometimes very confusing/caotic menus of panasonic and especially with the gf2, something is driving me crazy. May be someone can help: when I am in rec mode->my color and put on your settings, using panasonic 14mm, the aperture just stays still on 2.5, even if I hold the camera into bridest light, the shutter would flip up to 1000 but still with a 2.5?! gettin mad... read through the (wonderful!) gf2 manual... nothing. I checked if I somewhere locked the exposure at that value, but no. And like this its impossible to work with. Any ideas?

• "It may be worth in this topic to collect tips and successful settings for GF2, or links to similar tutorials?"

+1

• It may be worth in this topic to collect tips and successful settings for GF2, or links to similar tutorials?