Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • All remaining data moved to http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/our-movies/collaborative-project/start

Separate wiki is removed.

Is no activity will happen soon I'll close the topic.

• I've been out of the loop for a bit. Anything going on with this project?

• I'll be soon removing http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies wiki

Please move any data you want to preserve into http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/

• ...that cat scene flows much better now. The shooting draft is coming guys!

• Quick update: Polishing dialogue, processing latest feedback, dealing with personal shit. Not bad shit per se, but shit anyway.

• @thepalalias Great! Can't wait to get more constructive feedback. But remember to get some sleep from time to time!

• @Kihlian Do you mean one of the scenes from the script? Or are you referring to the additonal footage I alluded to earlier in the thread?

The first priority is the scenes in the script. If you know a good bookstore to shoot near you, that is the trickiest one to get going.

If you mean the additional footage - we have not started addressing that because the most important thing is to get the main scnes going.

@AtticusD Great, looking forward to hearing those thoughts. Also, will try to e-mail you some more feedback I got from another editor (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

Thanks @RRRR and @Kihlian for staying active. Can`t wait to start shooting. :)

• @RRRR @thepalalias I've been wandering around that forest these past two days. I'll tell you a bit more about what I saw and felt soon.

• You need someone that shoots other scenes or are you covered?

• Not yet, but, no rush on my part.

• @RRRR No, it does not need to be done next week. The goal is for all teams to complete shooting by the end of August - so far you are the first to indicate likely availability and @RSanzadez and I are preparing for the possibility of shooting the bookstore scene if no ther team steps in.

Has @AtticusD gotten you the script notes on the subtext for the scene yet?

• I guess there is no real rush with this, huh? (I mean the swedish scene) It doesn't have to be shot next week..?

• @RRRR Great, just let us know what you need when you figure out your resources. @AtticusD Can fill in the subtext (and you can shoot more if it helps your actors get in the feel) but the few shots here are all that will appear in the Prologue, and the content of the full feature is VERY subject to change since the script has not been finished yet. :)

Thanks for being willing to take this on if your resources allow. I know it is a lot of work but the people that shoot these first scenes are really blazing a trail that I think will affect the online film community later on, much more than we can see at the moment. Feel free to prove me right. :)

• @RRRR I know what you mean. Of course I can give you some subtext so you can better motivate the actors, etc. I'll go back to that Swedish forest for a while tomorrow morning and report back.

• @thepalalias

Gotta check with my resources.. (I've been away for the weekend / unable to as of yet) I'm reluctant to do it all solo. But it seems a straightforward shot to do, so it should be possible.

A question though.. I'm wondering if the scene should be a couple of glimpses only or more than that? In the case of more, it seems like there is very little to go on, a bit of subtext of what actually happened in Sweden could help. (even if it's not shown in the short / trailer).

• @AtticusD Waiting on the blog, for sure - and thanks.

@Kihlian Thanks for sharing it, though! I think that when people see artwork that "does not do it" for them, it helps them to think about why and what would. Brainstorming/playing around like this is helpful at this stage, especially while people are waiting to get started.

@all Logistics question: I have some concerns about how expensive it will be to film in a bookstore here in L.A. While I continue to investigate that with @RSanzadez (we both thought of Vromans off the bat) I would like to know if other people have good bookstore locations available for filming? There is not a lot of reason why that scene has to be in Hollywood, that is just where it was originally concieved. Maybe someone else, like @B3Guy can look for a location near them and we will use the location we can get first to start shooting as soon as possible.

@RRRR Are you interested in filming the Swedish forest scene? Do you have time to do so soon?

@Driftwood I know you have a ton on your plate so I am almost reluctant to ask but, would you be interested in taking the lead on the Holly, Peter/Mark and Randall scenes (apartment and pub)? It would be great to shoot these in the U.K

Anyone else: If you are dying to jump in and shoot some of the scenes for the Prologue, speak up now before they get taken by someone else. :)

• @WK I know it sucks :-) before a trailer it is anyway impossible make some graphic. Ok I delete it. @VK EDIT: could not delete the picture, could you for me? Thanks.

• @Kihlian

Don't think it is good, really.

• @Kihlian Great! I wouldn't mind if more people start creating art for the project whenever they "get bored" at home.

• OK. Just boring at home..

1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 193K
  • @thepalalias

That schedule makes complete sense but let’s wait to have something to show and then we can start a personal-view blog. The potential production units should start commenting on their availability ASAP and if they are ok or not with the above schedule.

By the way, yes, you should have the role of Executive Producer. You’ve been fulfilling that role already and doing a pretty good job at it. Everyone’s ok with that?

• @Vitiliy_Kiselev Not sure I understand the upset. (EDIT: I get it now.) I think scaling down may make sense. What did you have in mind?

Also, I think we all agreed this should be a Personal-View project. That means that any URLs would have to forward to the appropriate place on this site. The project was inspired by, given birth to and thus far nurtured on this site so I see no reason to get a new host to go along with the additional URL. Just another way for people to get to that part of this site quickly.

VK, if you have time this weekend to add the Stowaway blog to the site, I think it would be great for people to be able to look at that instead of our discussion thread when they want to learn more about the movie. :)

What does everyone think about starting post by the end of August? Do we want a more or less aggressive timeline?

• @thepalalias

What do you think about scaling down?

• Here is my suggestion.

• A blog is great, but let us have the people not currently active in the production process focus on it. @AtticusD needs to make himself available to each unit for script questions like those above, so he should not be splitting his focus at the moment on the blog, too.

• @Kong and @Kihlian, if you guys do not think you will be working until we get to post-production on the prologue, then I would love to see you cooperate on the blog. The key would be regularity and finding down time in the schedules of other members to get their comments, but you would have the responsibility for the look and updates or to find someone else to handle that. Would you be interested in that? Also, the URL mentioned sounds good to me.

• By Tuesday everyone that wants to weigh in on the script should have had a chance to and @AtticusD and I will be finishing up our last round of edits. Which means we will need a producer for each unit to oversee the director and make sure they are getting what they need and to communicate that back to the executive producer and the group.

• We need to have someone handling continuity on each team. This will be very important.

• We need to know which mic(s) each team will be using.

• I would like to nominate myself as Executive Producer, because looking back on the project since November, I am realizing that it seems to be fitting some of what I am doing. Does that work for others?

So, my suggestion is: - Tuesday: Finalize what regions will be shooting and nominate members as well as ask them to nominate themselves. - Friday: Finalize team leaders for each group. Get a list of the mics each team plans to use. - Following Monday: Each team should submit a plan of action for shooting (in terms of approach and timeline, in very general terms OR a list of things required. That Weds: Larger group should help to provide assets the team leader requires or submit that some of it cannot be provided at this time. Team leaders or directors beging casting and shooting.

Note: Once regions are finalized, start thinking about casting right away.

So that is my suggested plan for the next week and half. That means we should be shooting in early to mid August and in post by the end of August or early September.

Does that timeline work for everyone?