Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • OK try this link again, its set to PUBLIC now.

http://www.mindmeister.com/64788573/snakewater

I was recently involved with a multi-director project with storylines that had to connect - we used this tool. Here is an example of How it can be used to track multiple productions happening at the same time. It might not be the complete solution but it might be used in addition to a wiki. As you can see in the example Media can be embedded right in each node. And gives a great visual representation of who is involved, where they are and what skills they have to offer.
  • @Imaginate Would love to look, but I'm still getting "Notice Access denied" when I try access. :( Any idea would could be causing this?

If I'm the only one having this issue, perhaps someone can send a screenshot of what it looks like so that I could get a sense for map in question, because it sounds really interesting. :)
  • @davhar Lolo's original response may have been worded a bit more strongly than you would have preferred, and I can respect that. I also respect your idea. However, like Lolo, it doesn't appeal to me personally (which says nothing about the validity of the idea overall or about how others would respond to it).

However, I would encourage everyone to avoid attacking other users, whether they agree with you or not. It takes a long time to make a movie and that's a lot of chances for people to burn bridges. What we all really want to create is something we can be proud to have been a part of, right? :)

You never know what someone's background is or why they do or don't like certain things. [Dichotomy sheet removed for brevity].

I don't think we should each have to write out an (incredibly incomplete) dichotomy sheet like that just to have our opinions respected, and that we should just trust that each of us has a reason for liking or not liking things that might very well be valid. So really no reason to call anyone names, right? :)

Anyway, all I'm saying is it's easy to get defensive, but I hope you and Lolo are working things out so that there's no bad blood. I have a feeling this was a bit wordy and that I'll clean it up later, but I wanted to get the sentiment out there because one of the things I was thankful for this Thanksgiving was that so many of us came together and made that first compilation reel. :)
  • @davhar Would you like to be added to the "assets" list that's being compiled to help script writers think about possible locations (and many other things)? I didn't know where you were based or I would have done it for you.
  • No "rêve de grandeurs" (don't know the english translation, but i think it's the biggest threat for such projects that can be very cool and doable if modesty lead the whole thing !...) no crew, no specific skills, but just for fun in my shooting/editing learning curve i can provide some "ok shots" in Paris & area (either rich/poor suburb) and maybe Algeria/Brazil after spring.
    Don't want to spam w/ thoses so some of my low gop vimeo samples are in the gh2 sample thread. I've learned enough to do way better now but Innaritu and his DPs can continue to sleep both eyes closed for sure! But eh an international feature without Paris isn't going to happen, ahah (even if I would hate to shoot any touristic/cliché place in that city...). Count me in the crew until a better local shooter (no difficult) join the project. ;-)
  • @astraban Added your info. to the assets list at http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/assets. Feel free to create a profile and update or edit the info. :)
  • @thepalalias -

I love this site. It's potential is very real...but some think too small. Lets shake up the world or not bother. There's endless amounts of drivel out there so lets use our greatest asset to the best we can! If the good people have a basic idea/direction we'll all come up with something worth seeing. But if taken down a path a drivel then why bother?

Let's take on the world, arr!

And for all you Americans out there- Happy Thanksgiving!
    In Canada, our holiday was a month ago. I couldn't celebrate much at the time, but I baked me two little turkeys and they were good!
  • If youre doing sci fi why not have a plot where a entity that hops around into different subjects around the world either observing the human condition or looking for something?
    Or do a twilight zone type thing where an object/event causes different stories with different people (maybe chaos theory) just thinking that it can open up a variety of styles/genres from the different artists involved.

I agree with Davhar If it ends up for example 96minutes of people having coffee & cigarettes it'll be dull and will fail to show the diversity in the talent involved...which theres clearly plenty.
  • @davhar Not sure we're on the same page. What I was trying to ask was "what do you want to do on the film, if anything and where are you from? Or do you exclusively want to contribute story ideas?" :)

Either way, if you want to add the idea you outlined earlier to the storylines page, that page is at http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/Storylines and all you have to do is create a profile first.

Thanks for the international Thanksgiving wishes - I exchanged them in reverse with one of my Canadian clients weeks ago, too. :)

Edit: I'm also jealous of your apparent turkey making skills. I've always been surrounded by other talented friends and family so I've yet to try making a turkey myself and fear that anyone that ate it might be more thankful for the opportunity to leave after dinner, than the dinner itself. ;)
  • @Mimirsan Did you want to add that as a separate story idea or only want to support Davhar's? If it's the former, you can do so at http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/Storylines and if it's the latter, you can vote for it once the voting starts.

So far the suggested voting timeframe is late next month (December, 2011).
  • @B3Guy

You are very kind to offer to move elsewhere. :-)
    How about ask to install Wiki and necessary plugins?
    For me it seems to have more logic.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev I think we would all love that - it does sound easier. :)

Anyway, we have the current wiki up at http://moviecollab.wikispot.org/ but if you want to add the plugs etc. here, just let us know what timeline you think that could happen in, so that we can gauge how much to try and rely on the other site. :)

Thanks again for the GH2 hack that made the collaboration video that inspired this project possible. :)
  • I installed Docu Wiki at
    http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/

If someone want to write auth plugin, so you won't need to login, let me know (I could help you with some code).

Tell me that plugins you want to see (including Voting)
    http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugins

• Thanks!

Okay, well voting is definitely top of the list. What are some of the other options? Maybe someone more experience with the infrastructure could be more helpful than I on that count. :)

Who wants to maintain this page? Lolo, are you up for it?
  • @thepalalias, what do you mean exactly by mantain?, do you mean do what vitaliy said about not login in again to write in the wiki?, because i don´t believe i could do that as i don´t know how to code in a serious way, i´m mean, i have tried several times but without any real succes, i think that it would be too big for me
  • @lolo
    i think he meant just to do the same thing you were doing with the other page
  • @Elenion but the idea of the wiki is that everyone can edit?,

sure i can try to keep the things in order, but everyone should also try to update with his own vision, as i fell like i could have written like 1 or 2 more storylines, but as i was trying to order the info i just didn´t
  • Of course from the moment that we have an organised platform we can work and put stuff online, but a moderator is always necessary, do you think you could take this role?
    I don't even know how to make a new page (-_-)"
  • @Elenion sure, no problemo
  • @lolo

Want to ask to use namespace:
    http://www.dokuwiki.org/namespaces

So all your pages will be in one name space.
    And make namespace same as your proejct name (make something, pv01 looks weird).
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev i´ll do it on my afternoon, i have to leave the computer now :) thank you for your effort !
  • updated links :P as i´m having lunch