Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Personal View Feature Film Collaborative project
  • 536 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm, submitted a story to the wiki but then it was removed...
  • @L1N3ARX sorry probably it was in the middle of changing the hierarchy, i was creating and deleting pages several times to get the proper hierrachy on the sitemap, my apologies, i seriously hope that you have it bakc up :$, i´m sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: haha i can see your Patient Zero uffff that was a relief :) remember that i change the links to get proper hierarchy is now at http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/movie_01:01general:05_storylines
  • @Lolo @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank you guys. It`s pretty great to see how much has gotten done in just a couple days because of how much you guys have done so quickly.

@Lolo I`m sorry the amount of work has gotten in the way of developing your own creative ideas. I`ve had some of that, too with the last Wiki (but I wanted to try to help make sure it didn`t all fall on your shoulders). But I think it should even out quickly, because a lot of the challenge is in the setup. Either way, thank you.
  • @ lolo, thepalalias and all

Apologies for my rudeness. I was trying to make a point but it basically just came out rude. "lolo in lala land" is kind of funny but in a silly way. Please don't take any of that seriously. My only excuse is I'm an unemployed film technician who is forced to cash in some retirement coin, only to see how much I've lost to the banksters. So anything we can do to shame them is good by me. It's obvious they're not going to jail

But once again lolo - sorry, but it wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all.
    BTW I'm in Vancouver, Canada, and I am not at all used to being in first, in anything
  • @davhar none taken, i apologise back :)

either way, my point also was that, the debt issue, it feels to me like a regional issue with global indirect consecuences, i´m mean, right now in my country, Chile, there are a half million people movilized for free and quality education (of a total of 17 million), and in Colombia also, and there has been minor marches on Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico and Equator i believe, so to me, it feel almost like if i was proposing to make a movie with everyone here, but with the subject of the free and quality education, something that i feel is a national to regional issue, if you want to propose a story for everyone here, may i propose you to write something about what are the political local consecuences that internet has on the traditional human social structure, that can be attached by the local groups to their local/regional conflicts, and to be focus on the human consecuences of that, or something like that, but...

hahahh i was close though, just a couple of miles away, Canada hahah say hi to terrance & phillip ;)
  • I think we need to work on something before the story, which is the context of it. We can't avoid the fact that we'll have, say- 20 different looking pieces to put together. Obviously that must be part of the story. It can't be justified away. It is intrinsic to the overall story and each sequence within it.

Something like a website around which a global community is gathered makes sense. It would allow for and, indeed, encourage the different looks of the different teams. But there needs to be a reason for it to exist and for some underlying conflict to be explored if this is to be a narrative film. And that has been decided, right. This is to be a movie, not a documentary or simple compilation of pretty pictures in little scenes. This is a movie that we want to play in theatres and be seen around the world. Correct?

So what are our strengths and weaknesses? "THERE'S CAMERAMEN EVERYWHERE!"

I suggest we bounce that idea around and see what sticks. It can be about anything but we must recognize in the story itself that it is shot by many and not one. And so then the question is "why?" What is the point of this exercise? We should assume it's because we all want to make movies and so we are collaborating, and go from there
  • the wiki es temporarily down, so any suggestions please post it here
  • @ davhar there hasnt been made any decisions about the proyect yet, there is actualy a storyline about making this a documentary etc... please reed the info available at thepalalias wiki, as the personal view wiki is temporaly down
  • Wiki is ok :-)
    But really requires local plugin testing prior installing them on server :-)
  • Just updated my idea for the storyline. It's more of a teaser as a matter of fact. In any case, it's completely open for discussion.
  • Excellent wiki setup. Well done all and thanks Vitaliy. Ive added a few bits for my side.
  • each time I click a link on the wiki i see this message:
    "This topic does not exist yet

You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by using the Create this page button."

then I click old revisions and i see link that work
    is it a bug or is it just me.
  • @andres the page of workflow you were using was an old one, before the hierarchy changes, this one is the official
    http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/movie_01:01general:03_workflow

if you added any info for the page pv01-workflow that you restored, please move it to the link provided and delete the page (you delete a page by saving it blank)

edit: just review the change you did, i have updated the official page i´ll remove the restored page you created as it was using the wrong hierarchy (thats why it was deleted)
  • @all, if anyone has time, please look in here http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin for a plug in compatible with the last version of dokuwiki, we need a plug in for a poll, and one for a calendar, the ones that i looked for and that were installed by Vitaliy are not compatible i´m afraid
  • we could use another site for polling. not ideal, but the interface would maybe be better anyhow. Thanks @lolo you're doing a lot of the grunt work on this. I'm attempting to get a clearer roadmap for the script idea development/selection stage, with more checkpoints and goals laid out along the way (to help us get to something that we're all happy with, in a timely manner, easily by following some simple processes). I've added an "open discussion" page, I hope that's okay. Please, please please let me know if you're cool with the approaches I've proposed there. If everyone's down with this course of action, we should set some due dates and poll dates for a couple different stages. This should keep us on track.
  • @B3guy i have just added some info on your pages and move it to other hierarchy, please refer to the main-page to be linked :) thank you for the improvement!
  • @B3Guy @lolo

I've continued your discussion on deadlines on the wiki open discussion page: http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/movie_01:01general:00_open_discussion

By the way, thanks a lot for all the effort and talent you're putting into this.
  • I just want to say to all involved, don't give up on this. Sometimes it can seem like it might end up as a really disjointed pile of mush, but I'd like to speak to the contrary.

First, we are all using the same camera, same hack, and the GH2 undisputedly has an unmistakable, pronounced, unique aesthetic, especially with certain patches. I highly suspect that our footage will actually look more similar than different.

Second, if it is colored by the same person, and edited by one individual, it will have both unifying flavor AND a unifying "pace" or rhythm to the cuts and scenes.

Third, a good musical theme will work WONDERS.

And finally, if the story sucks people in, and holds the audience in suspense, they won't notice the small stuff. That's what really matters. If we get a story that can keep folks on the edge of their seats, glued to the screen for the duration, the story will tie this thing together. That is why I've been pushing so hard for us to really focus on an excellent story with some good narrative structure, and why I suggested we try this in the first place. We're all good at shooting grandma making pancakes, or vignettes on "the emotion of love", but a real story can be difficult.

Keep pushing through, and please if you're at all on the fence, just get your hands dirty and cram out some script ideas. If we get the right kind of script together, everyone will be so excited about it that I highly suspect it will practically shoot itself.

Peace- B3Guy
  • I second everything @B3Guy just said. :)

Still very much behind this, just slightly quieter the last day while I try to get more work done.
  • Hmm.. Just been away a couple of days.
    Progressing nicely, it seems! Good work so far!

@B3Guy +1

I have a lot of work to do up until maybe thursday - I'll get more vocal again then. :) I got some ideas from Davhars tagline about Cameramen everywhere. Got to think about it some more before suggesting something!
  • Can provide access to one of our 5.1 suites in London with feature film experienced chaps if needed - was a feature music editor in previous life if you need any help doing that. Im mixing till March so sadly couldn't offer too much time meself, but have others who'd enjoy this. Could rustle up some location guys too (aimed at Driftwood as he's closest!) Mrs owns a Central London post production facility and graphics company and know the grader and editors there v well (Avid FCP EQ IQ etc)
  • @soundgh2 sounds good, anyone else for the South East of England?
  • It looks quite like the South of England where i live :)
  • @soundgh2 That would be great. :) I don't have much experience with 5.1 work at this point (audio only work for the most part, so strictly 2-channel for the majority) so having access to that sort of experience would be a real boon.

Planning ahead, do they tend to prefer the music in mono stems, stereo stems or pre-mixed 5.1 stems?