Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
95MB/s Sandisk Extreme Pro cards
  • 242 Replies sorted by
  • My card SDXC 64Gb Extreme 45MB/s not working at hack "Driftwood 176mbs" in 1080i60 FSH and HBR !!! Working in 1080p24 H )) What's the problem? My card is slow? Please help !!!

Used hack with GOP3 not satisfied with the result :(

Which use card for hack high-bitrate GOP1 for 1080p30 and 1080i60 ? Thanks

• I read about problems reading these cards on computer. I'm having the same problem: I need to extract one hour of invaluable clips on this card. I tried two pc with xp and w7 and two different reader and Both says that the card must be formatted. Everything is fine in camera. Do you confirm it's only a problem of reader?

Thank you

• Tried that already, nomad. I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that, but I don't think I have a choice. Thanks for your help!

• Try SDFormatter. If that doesn't help, your card may be a case for warranty.

• Has anyone else had problems reformatting this card? I've had the 64GB one for less than a month and it recently started acting up. At first, I thought it was the hacks I used being too much for it - typical problems - but when I tried to format it on the camera or on my Mac, it says the attempts fail.

"Unable to write to the last block of the device."

• So I won't have to worry about how long I record as long as I just record a few second clip after a large one and then turn off the unit, right? I will be doing some extensive tests later this week before the event.

• @Loganm187

I don't think any of us know if the "file number limit exceeded" problem with SDXC cards happens with unhacked cameras. No examples of it have been reported here, but it's very unlikely that a person would use an expensive 64-GB card with an unhacked camera, as the bit rates are so low as to not require such a large card. My guess is that the hacking has nothing to do with the error.

The problem happens some percentage of the time after you have recorded long enough to span. It doesn't matter how long you record or how many clips you've recorded.

It's a problem that you just need to work around. If you can't trust yourself to always record a short clip after spanning, then keep some extra memory cards with you just in case. Or use 32-GB cards.

Cake is designed for spanning, and it does so reliably. You can record for as long as you want. I can't promise that nothing will go wrong, but it has worked well for a lot of people.

• Sixty-four GB (and larger) cards use exFAT for the file system. Apple added support for exFAT in 10.6.4. In other words, it’s not specific to your card, but rather to any medium formatted as exFAT.

Anyway, I’m glad it all worked out for you!

• @Mr_Moore: Thanks so much! I had 10.6.3 and updated to 10.6.8 and the card is readable. I thought i had to buy a new card reader but the update did the trick. For some reason, smaller and slower SanDisk cards were readable but not the 64gb/95mbs.

• It would help it you told us which model you had. My MBP (MacBookPro6,2) reads the 64GB card with no problems.

Also, make sure you have the latest OS update. I believe the support for SDXC was added in 10.6.4.

• I'm having issue with my MBP not reading the 64Gb/95mbs card. I noticed it also mentioned earlier in the thread. What USB reader are you guys using with your Macbook Pros that will read this? I'm on SnowLeopard. Thanks.

• I get this issue sometimes, but there's no clear pattern as to when it will happen. I'd estimate that it happens on about 1/4 of my shoots that involve more than 10 minutes of shooting and 5 start/stop cycles. It's a good reason to always carry around some extra cards, and maybe to use more smaller cards on shoots where you don't need extended recording time.

edit -- I use a 64Gb 95Mb/s card.

• @humpman are you sure you are using a card reader capable of the maximum speed for the card?

• hmm.. it seems my friends card is not giving him that same error after 30 minutes of recording. so its a faulty card?

• so you don't have to guess and dig for the actuall FAQ

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

• Yeah, that'll happen. As far as anyone knows, the "File Number exceed limit" error affects all 64-GB cards, and probably all SDXC cards, independent of hacking. It was enough of an issue for me that I developed encoder settings specifically to perform well and span with the slower cards. The 32-GB 95 MB/s card is the fastest card that doesn't suffer from the issue, and it's the one I recommend.

FAQs answered all. You were warned. http://www.personal-view.com/faqs

• I ordered the SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Pro and used it a wedding recently. I hit the record button trying to capture a shot and I got this message "CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT" I was like oh crap. I hit the record button a couple more times but it wouldn't record. So I ran and switched over to the SanDisk 32GB 30MB card and started recording again. But I missed the shot. This File Number Exceed Limit issue is really disappointing. I thought this card was going to give peace of mind while using the hack. I used sanity hack and it still has issues with video playback. Told my friend to buy this card as well and now I got to warn him about that file number exceed limit isssue.

Does this file number exceed limit error come with all hack patches or just certain ones? Anyway to avoid this error message other then that method of recording a short clip afterward a 30 minute recording time(?) before turning the camera off?

• Also very curious as to how the 128GB cards play with the GH2 running various patches.

• DO NOT POST ANY DEALS in this topic, use proper one in Marketplace.

• Still very keen to know of ANY REPORTS WHATSOEVER regarding Sandisk 128GB 45Mbs on the GH2 (e.g. spanning, camera playback, success with various patches etc)

• Anyone tried 45mb/s 128GB from SanDisk ?

• I have got a problem with the SanDisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s 32gb. The card is write locked and I can't copy new firmware on this card. The lock swith is up, so why does it keep telling me that i can't copy firmware onto it ? Because of this problem I can't format the card. Anyone else with this problem?

• Just bought Sandisk 8Gb 95Mb/s card, write speed is 14Mb/s, pity:(

• Yes, all Orion settings span on this card (as far as the 24fps mode is concerned).

• Can anybody confirm if Driftwood- Orion 4D with 'Dark Matter' Matrix spans on a SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Pro 90 megabit card ???

I am thinking of getting this card for my holiday and need to get more than 4-6 mins per shot.