Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
95MB/s Sandisk Extreme Pro cards
  • 242 Replies sorted by
  • That's a bloody good price considering Sandisk quote $499 for it. Im waiting for their UK PR company Text100 to send me one still....
  • Just ordered another one for Monday delivery with amazon prime.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VDRD4C/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
  • B&H has in stock.
  • @sohus, if that failed to f*(#k up the spanning, then I don't know what would have. @Jspatz how did you get this card before EVERYONE else... ?? Who do you know?? I want the number! ;-)

@chrimsbroome we all should be getting one! But remember that this will ONLY span for 1 day before @driftwood has had his evil way with it... bu ha ha ha! (also - super cheap at B&H- only $190!!- how do they do it SOOO cheap?)
  • I filmed a 30" monitor with wildly moving moire producing 150 MBits and it spanned. Also figure eight motion on tree clusters a high shutter speed on pancake. I will try death charts.
  • @sohus I thought that it also needs to be moving... hence filming the TV... (when I have filmed a LCD screen that was sometimes as good as a deathchart anyway- as there are SOOO many pixels to draw)
  • @jspatz
    Does it span on a death chart? If you shot a boring scene, every setting will span on slow cards.
  • @Jspatz, great news I was hoping that card would help with the spanning. I May get that card in future.
    Hurrrrrrray jump up and down.
  • Any other 95MB/s card owners out there?

(Sorry @Sage; @FGCU, I don't want this thread closed- I just want to keep this thread about the newest 95MB/s as the reports that are coming in are CRAZY! In a good way...)
  • 80% mode should not be expected to work with SeAQuake. 80% mode increases the frame rate and bit rate by 25%. Driftwood made Aquamotion with lower frame limits and bit rates specifically to account for the increases of the 80% mode.
  • His point is relevant though - fgcu, was it the seaquake hack?
  • @FGCU topic is for 95Mb/s Sandisk only...
  • I filled the entire card, 57 minutes worth until it stopped by itself. 16 files. They do not play back in the camera like the single clips do.Each file loads all the others in Premiere pro. So if I load #1 it is 57 minutes long and If I load #14 it is 57 minutes long. In Windows media player, some files come in as singles, some as themselves plus the higher numbered ones and some as the total length. If I rename the files, they behave as individual files about 3:50 in length each. They all seem OK and usable.
  • @alcomposer
    I will try that, but meanwhile, at Sage's suggestion I trued 80% at iso 800 and it crashed after 9 seconds.
  • @Jspatz can you record with SeAQuake for the 'full' card to confirm that it spans the 'full' card.

(Watch the news and film it etc..)
  • @alcomposer
    So far perfect. The camera reports a capacity of 50 minutes and 41 seconds.