Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • Hi folks with new babies. I was wondering about auto focus - the hunt and punt factor. When it's on continuous AF does it hunt for dear? Beer?

• More creative control mode recordings coming soon.

• Is the GH3 capable of producing sharp images like my GH2's? "Soft artistic mush" seems to be the operative term in describing GH3 files.

• Maybe this has already been discussed but: 30 minute time limit, is it only a limit on paper? (like does it span on a new set of files after that?)

• my gh3 just came. is all-i 72 better quality than 50 mov?

• @Manu4Vendetta : Keep in mind that twixtor was used in this.

• Sorry Driftwood, you just wrote "Its no worse than the Gh2 I'm afraid to say" about the moire of the Gh3. It also depends on the lenses of the camera, so can we certainly say that the GH3 is not less than the GH2 hacked in terms of moire, even with the same lens mounted on it? I would like to try with the Leica 25mm f1.4.

Then excuse me if I repeat myself, maybe the question does not make much sense, given at this time (I know it's too early), but really, a chance prediction: there is a good chance that the GH3 can be hacked? Would I be here ready to give, for the result! And i'm here losing my mind on what i have to buy for my video shorts: gh2 or gh3.

Thanks.

• Im impressed with slow motion, but I like see more slow test.

• Fantastic news! Fingers crossed. I'm hoping they will cave and release a firmware update with peaking in 6mths.

• Lumix Link App Update: The current WIFI Lumix Link App was designed for one of the fz cameras - a new and updated version of the software for the GH3 is expected imminently - Source 01.12.12: Panasonic Sales Director. This should offer the full range of advertised facilities of the GH3 in the manual. The official launch date of the GH3 is Tue, 4th Dec. Lets hope they have something ready for then.