Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • Some where really happy here for the $ 1300 body, because they live in the USA. For me it would be closer to the $ 1800 body because of taxes and shipping with no guarantee because it is not sold in my country.

• @HillTop1 when you compare US prices with European prices in the camera market it is usually 1:1 - because the cams are substantially cheaper in the US - so I would assume that the price will be around 2200 dollars with the 12-35

• interesting video too. Mirror is bulshit now.

• @ahbleza lol, good one. @lumixgeorge, I don't know about that Europe price as if I were to change that to US dollars it will be more that the price of the camera and the lens bought separately. I'm hoping for $2100-2300 US.

• still there is no 4:2:2 color?? its a shame. sony nikon and canon continuously releasing cameras with 4:2:2 hdmi output.why panasonic is not in this competition?

• @mlysbakken @HillTop1 @ahbleza guys I´m with you, I don´t want a sad end when almost perfect camera ends up with crippled 4:2:0 hdmi out just because nobody complained about it ...I don´t care about that fat prehistoric AF100 , but the clean hdmi would force me to buy that damn baby!

• 2199 Euro

Yeah, the prices advertised here in France are :

1199€ body

1799€ body+14-140

2199€ body + 12-35

• Hey guys here is a GH3 talk called the birth of hybrid imaging

Interesting part starts at 35 min in

• on the german panasonic site the price for the kit GH3 with 12-35mm lens is 2199 Euro

• 008507-protest-banner (1).jpg
    650 x 366 - 75K
  • @mlysbakken, I am with you on that one!! Rally and ask for 4:2:2!! @svart, yah Panasonic list it on their web site as the DMC-GH3A kit. They didn't put a price for it yet. That's what i'm waiting to see.

• I want to know if the gh3 will be offered with the 12-35 f2.8 that I've been hearing about. That's a kit that I'd be interested in.

• @AKED To upload on Vimeo you have to use the simple uploader option once you select the file to upload. The advanced uploader always fails. I had the same problem the whole day Sunday, it was driving me absolutely insane.

• Should we rally and ask Panasonic for 4:2:2 HDMI out?

• @aked after interrupted uploud on Vimeo you can change the way (speed) of upload for slower one. It happened to me with 0.38 MB uploud speed. After changing to basic uploader works OK. Export from NLE always 5mbs. 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz does not matter for upload interrupt.

• Hmmm... with no 4:2:2 HDMI output, I'll probably end up getting a Black Magic Cam. Hope you're listening Panasonic, sounds like there's still time to change it...

Even the cripple-kings at Sony have HDMI output on the new DLSRs... it would be insane to leave it out on the GH3.

• @AKED why don't you create a torrent ? and give us the torrent file.

• @AKED

Switch browser! I´ve had continuous problems uploading with firefox, f.i.

• GH3 body only preorder is up at Panasonci USA website: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-GH3KBODY

• Maybe it is the Audio. Vimeo hneeds 44.1 kHz and mine has 48 kHz

• OK, I need some help. The whole day I treid to upload the press conference video with different computer, browsers etc. Always the upload is interrupted.

Can aynbody give me the Edus 3 settings to export, a 720/50p video for Vimeo? Did it in my eyes according to the vimeo compression, but it did not work seemingly. Any input will be appreciated.

• @Manu4Vendetta Don't expect a price drop until May or June 2013. As a former electronics product manager, I'm reasonably sure they will maintain pricing to maximize profit while the "early adopters" are ordering, and will offer rebates or other incentives only six months after the official availability, which is November 2012.

Of course, there may well be a sales boost in January, when Vitaliy releases the GH3 hack. :-)

I'm planning to hang on to my GH2 for the next six months, and maybe longer. Panasonic are a business, and will always make decisions based on Japanese business principles, which means profit is more important than market share. I'm sure if they priced at less than US$1,000 they could seriously erode their competitor's share, but they would also need to spend a lot on advertising too, to reach the volumes required.

• That price will drop in three months or stay? Is it too much in relation to the GH2. I'm thinking of selling my GH2 body, but I only get half the budget for GH3.

• From the GH3/GH2/G5 comparison chart, seems like the G5 if hacked to increse the video rate, could be the best value and compromise in terms of price and performance for consumers.

It does not have the wifi or smart phone remote control, but it has the hi res LCD, 920,000 dots compred to GH3's 614,000

But the GH3 is still the ultimate video cam formance wise.

what i really like to know is the audio performance of the GH3: noise floor and dynamic range. If it is better than that of the GH2 and if it can replace an external audio recorder, then it is tremendous value as wll as convenience.

• Remember, panny built a new sensor factory not too long ago. Companies like this typically axe people and then ask the remaining folks to do more work for the same pay.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions